- Stamp – from Simon Says Stamp “Leaves and Scribbles” set
- Dies – Simon Says Stamp “Frames” and “Thanks”
- Ranger Distress Inks: Forest Moss, Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive, Dried Marigold, and Evergreen Bough
- Cardstock – Neenah and Paper Accents
- Ranger Distress watercolor cardstock
- Ranger Glossy Accents
For today’s card, I created a watercolor background and image with Ranger Distress Inks. I did a wash with ink and lots of water for the background and then added some spatters of color. Next, I cut the decorative frame from 110 lb. Neenah white cardstock, which is very hefty. I adhered the thin outer frame horizontally and then added the center vertically in the middle with dimensional adhesive. I applied Distress inks directly to the stamp and then spritzed it with water. Once it was dry, I cut out the leaves and mounted it on top of the frames with a bit more dimensional adhesive. The word “thanks” is a die-cut that I cut out of some cardstock that I found in my stash that matched some of my ink, and then added Glossy Accents on top for some shine to set the sentiment off a little bit.
I’m submitting this card in two challenges: this week’s Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge #4 is watercoloring and the Craft Stamper October Take It Make It Challenge which is multi-colored stamping.
- Stamp – from The Cat’s Pajamas “Hello Pumpkin” set
- Die cut from Spellbinders Nestabilities “Curved Rectangles” die
- Cardstock – BoBunny and Bazzill
- Paper Distresser tool – Tim Holtz / Tonic Studios
- Enamel dots – Teresa Collins Signature Essentials – purple
- Ric-Rac, button and fiber from stash
- Copic markers
This main image a favorite from The Cat’s Pajamas since it features penguins and Halloween in the same stamp! Perfect for the TCP Tuesday Inspiration Challenge #277 with all of the Halloween-y colors. I colored the stamped image with Copic markers, cut it out and popped it up with dimensional adhesive. I added some spooky fiber to the button that I’ve had for years. Actually, I’ve had everything I used for this card for years! I guess that’s why it is so appropriate that Shopping Our Stash Challenge # 174 is Halloween. I used the sketch at The Paper Players for inspiration, Paper Players Challenge #219. I don’t think I’ve ever made one card that fit three challenges before! Finally, I distressed the edges of the cardstock. Thanks for visiting today.
- Die – Simon Says Stamp (Stamptember) “Thanks”
- Washi tape – Queen & Co. Trendy Tape
- Cardstock – Neenah & Paper Accents
I really enjoyed making this card, partially because of the sheer simplicity of it and also its clean design and color scheme. I used the current sketch at Clean & Simple Stamping (FTL 311). I’ve been hoarding a few rolls of washi tape for a couple of years, so I thought this might be a good time to pull it out. And based on my available stash, the black, white and red color scheme was a no brainer–plus I always like to add grey with those colors, so I mounted my base onto a grey card with dimensional adhesive. The die cut was made with a great new die from Simon Says Stamp. This will be a perfect Operation Write Home card. Thanks for visiting today.
- Stamps – from The Cat’s Pajamas “Happy Camper” set
- Patterned paper – Doodlebug Designs “Haunted Manor”
- Dies – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Labels One” and “Standard Circles Large”
- Cardstock – BoBunny and Bazzill
The latest challenge at The Cat’s Pajamas (TCP 276) is to create a card using Light Grey, Rust and Dark Blue. For whatever reason, this card too me forever to complete! I cut different shapes, pushed them around and stared at them. This is how it ended up, for better or for worse! I colored the squirrel and acorns with Copic markers and cut them out. I’m thinking that the squirrel is juggling the acorns, by the way. Enjoy and thanks for visiting.
- Patterned papers –
- Graphic 45 “An Eerie Tale” 8 X 8″ pad
- My Mind’s Eye “Collectable: Beautiful”
- Stamp – from Hero Arts “Messages with Flourish” set
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Labels Twenty”
- Stickers – Hot Off The Press Dazzles “Autum Splendor”
- Pearls and Gems – Hero Arts “Earth Mixed Accents”
- Cardstock – Bazzill and Paper Accents
I’ve got Jack and the Beanstalk featured for this card. This Graphic 45 paper collection is so pretty and it includes a number of Eerie Tales with sort of a Halloween theme. The copper colored stickers work nicely with the oranges in the papers. I’ve had those stickers in my stash for quite some time as well as the little blingy bits! I think this fits the “It’s the Most Colorful Time of the Year” challenge at Shopping Our Stash, since I used a number of Fall colors, plus green. Thanks for visiting today.