- Stamps – Art Impressions Any Cake and Kodomo Happy Birthday
- Dies – Art Impressions Window Die
- Patterned paper – Echo Park Scoot: Little Helicopters
- Cardstock – Bazzill Bling Crystal Blue and Simon Says Stamp Fog
I must say before I go into any explanation of this card–this card required me to think much too hard! There was a front and back to the raccoons and window, things needed to line up, etc. The design on the card front fits The Paper Players Sketch Challenge #296. The overall card is 4-3/4″ square. I colored the raccoons with Copic markers and cut them out. I die cut the windows, added the raccoons and layered the patterned paper and cardstock so that everything lined up and then stamped the sentiments. I made this card for my mom’s 86th birthday. She has a raccoon (sometimes more) who comes visit her sometimes, so when I saw this stamp, I knew I needed to use it for her birthday card! Happy Birthday, Mom! Thanks for stopping by.
- Stamps –
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz “Bird Crazy”
- Simon Says Stamp – “Happy and Smile” set
- Dies –
- Sizzix – Tim Holtz Framelits “Bird Crazy”
- Lawn Fawn Lawn Cuts “Stitched Circle Frames”
- Corner punch – Fiskars “Spiral”
- Patterned paper – Lawn Fawn “Beachside: Deep Sea”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I think this is a pretty wild bird, so it fits perfectly for The Paper Players Wild Thing Challenge. The background was made with Gelatos and water. Some of the Gelatos were metallic, so there is a subtle sheen. I colored the bird with Zig Clean Color markers and a water-brush. I popped him up inside the circle frame and that dimension almost makes him look like he’s swinging on it. Thanks for visiting today.
- Dies – Sizzix Thinlets – Tim Holtz “Detailed Butterflies”
- Stamp – Simon Says Stamp “Square Sayings”
- Patterned paper – Basic Grey Lemonade Collection: “Pretty Petals”
- Ranger – Dina Wakley Clear Gesso
- Ranger – Tim Holtz Distress Crayons
- Ranger Texture Paste
- Stencil – The Crafter’s Workshop “Tiny Circles” 6 X 6″ stencil
- Sequins – Simon Says Stamp – Assorted Moonshine
- Inks Sprays – Dylusions White Linen, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist assorted colors
- Cardstock – Bazzill
This was such a fun project! I made it over a period of time, since I created the background while playing with patterned papers, texture paste and stencils, and ink sprays with some friends. I made a lot of different backgrounds with many layers of ink and texture. Then I got my hands on the Distress Crayons and butterfly dies and put together some different butterflies to use on something someday, coloring the butterfly base with the crayons and cutting the details from a contrasting cardstock. I stared at my backgrounds and the butterflies and finally put the pieces together in this birthday card! The final card fits perfectly for the current challenge at Simon Says Stamp for the Monday Challenge Blog Butterfly Beauty Challenge. Thanks for stopping by!
- Dies – Spellbinders “Foxy” and Lawn Fawn “Happy Birthday Border”
- Patterned paper – Basic Grey “Hillside” collection (6″ X 6″ paper pad)
- Washi tape – Love My Tapes and We R Memory Keepers
- Cardstock – WorldWin and Bazzill
I created this clean and simple card featuring the cute fox die cut from Spellbinders. I used the sketch: Freshly Made Sketches #232, with a couple of strips of Washi tape. I attached the black die-cut sentiment so that it connected to the black mat to tie the design together. Thanks for visiting.
- Stamps – Hero Arts
- CL416 – “Sweet Owls”
- CL738 – “Messages with Flourish”
- Dies –
- Hero Arts – DC150 – “Happy Stamp & Cut”
- Spellbinders Nestabilities “Labels Twenty”
- Sakura Glaze Pens
- Cardstock – BoBunny
I created this card in response to a challenge on the Hero Arts Flickr site. We had 90 minutes to create a card with some part of the inside showing from the outside–even when the card is closed. I decided to die cut a “window” on the outside looking into where I stamped the owl. I colored the owl with gel pens, used a die for the happy part of the sentiment and used half of one of the clear stamps in the “Messages with Flourish” set for birthday. This was a fun challenge so that I would pay more attention to the inside of my card! I pieced the patterned cardstock for a little variation. Thanks for visiting today.
- Stamps – Hero Arts CL158 – “Cleardesign Cupcakes,” (both the cupcake and sentiment)
- Hero Arts CG648 – “Dotted Grid”
- Embossing Powder – Silver Pearl and Detail Black
- Cardstock – Neenah and Bazzill
- Copic markers to color cupcake
- Circle punch
I created this card for the Hero Arts Flickr Group‘s Scramble #119. We have 90 minutes to create a card for a suggested theme. The theme this time was black, white, grey and a pop of color. I embossed the background stamp with detail black embossing powder. I then stamped and colored the cupcake with Copics and cut it out. I decided to use grey cardstock for the card base and popped a little bit of color in the corners to bring out the pale red of the heart. I heat embossed the sentiment on a circle of dark grey cardstock and popped up the cupcake on top of it. Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps – Simon Says Stamp – “Happy & Smile” set and “Baby Party Animals” set
- Stencil – Simon Says Stamp – “Grid”
- Ranger Distress Inks: Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Crushed Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon, and Seedless Preserves
- Cardstock – Neenah
For the background, I applied each of the Distress Inks, one at a time, with a foam applicator through the grid stencil. I used a linear application to give it a rainbow look. I colored the animals with Copic markers. I created this card for the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge #22, which is to create a card using the colors of the rainbow. Thanks for visiting today.