- Die – Sizzix/Tim Holtz – Flurry #2
- Stamp – Lawn Fawn – Simply Winter Sentiments
- Watercolors – Windsor & Newton
- Silver mirror cardstock – Paper Accents
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I created this card based on inspiration from Day 2 of Online Card Classes Clean & Simply Holiday class. You need to take the class to get all of the steps, but it was fun to get back with my watercolors again and a technique I learned long ago in college. I layered the watercolored panel onto a shiny piece of silver cardstock and heat embossed the sentiment for a bit of gloss and sheen. Thanks for stopping by.
Today I’ve got a two-fer! I’ve made two Halloween cards with Lawn Fawn products featuring a number of cute creatures!
- Stamps – Lawn Fawn – Spooktacular
- Dies –
- Lawn Fawn – Spooktacular, Stitched Windy Backdrop, Stitched Hillside Borders, Spooky Fence Border, and Trick or Treat Border
- My Favorite Things – Inside & Out Stitched Rounded Square
- Cardstock – Bazzill and Lawn Fawn Sparkle Cardstock (Autumn)
- Sequins – Doodlebug Designs
I created a spooky scene with some cute stamped images and a lot of dies! I colored the creatures with Copic markers. I cut the spooky fence from Lawn Fawn sparkle cardstock (Autumn collection). It provided nice contrast among the matte black cardstock layers. The sequins provided a bit more sparkle to spice up the card.
- Stamps – Lawn Fawn – Pick of the Patch, Spooktacular and Some Bunny
- Dies –
- Lawn Fawn – Pick of the Patch, Spooktacular and Some Bunny
- Tim Holtz/Sizzix – Swirling Stars
- Ranger Distress Oxide inks -Seedless Preserves, Black Soot and Peeled Paint
- Patterned paper – Authentique Nightfall Five
- Cardstock – Paper Arts gold metallic mirror paper and Bazzill
- Ribbon – Offray
I began this card by making a Ranger Distress Oxide ink background and then die-cut it so that the shiny gold below peeks through the star openings. I colored the bunny, pumpkin and squirrels with Copic markers. I created this card with a bunny witch for a swap. The recipient is a fan of rabbits, so I wanted to be sure to incorporate one into the scene. It is always fun to combine several sets to build the perfect scene and I did that for both of these cards.
Thanks for visiting today and Happy Halloween!
Challenge: Lawnfawnatics – Bling it Out
- Stamps – Lawn Fawn “Coaster Critters”
- Dies – Lawn Fawn “Coaster Critters,” “Coaster Critters Slide on Over Add-on,” “Outside In Stitched Scalloped Square Stackables,” and “Stitched Hillside Borders”
- Patterned paper – Lawn Fawn “High Seas” from Beachside Collection
- Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink – Blueprint Sketch, Faded Jeans, Broken China
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Copic markers
- Detail White Embossing Powder
I was very proud to create this interactive card and have it work correctly the first time! This is Trenton’s birthday card (20th! Yikes!). He always likes critter cards, so I think it will be a hit.
I started out by creating the Distress Oxide paper using three different blue inks and lots of water drops. I used this for the sky in my scene. I cut it out using the scalloped square die and did the same with bright green cardstock. I then cut “hills” from the green and layered them onto the blue piece. I stamped, colored (with Copics) and cut out all of the roller coaster and critter pieces. I die-cut the slider with the roller coaster in place and then popped up the background, attached the pieces and inserted a penny with the roller coaster car adhered to it, into the slot. The bunny in the roller coaster car slides along the roller coaster very nicely! Love it! I heat-embossed the sentiment onto a strip of red cardstock and cut fish-tail flags on either end. I adhered all of the pieces onto a card base, making a 5-1/2″ X 5-1/2″ square card. I confess to playing with it, sliding the bunny car back and forth, before I put it in the mail. It is only slightly used!
Happy Birthday, Trenton!
Challenge: Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #37 – Something Old, Something New – I used “Stitched Hillside Borders” and the “High Seas” paper with the “Coaster Critters” stamps and dies, which I had never used before.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps – Lawn Fawn “Critter Concert”
- Dies – Lawn Fawn “Critter Concert,” “Shadow Box Card,” “Shadow Box Card Theater Add-On,” and “Little Music Notes”
- Patterned paper – Lawn Fawn “Really Rainbow” petite paper pad
I love the Lawn Fawn stamp and die sets featuring talented animals playing band instruments. They’re the best! Then when I saw the little theater stage pieces that I could add onto the shadow box, I knew I had to build one! The really cool thing is that it will fold flat and slip right into an envelope if I want to mail one to someone.
Here is a shot from above the box–it is hard to share a good view of this little 3-D box.
I colored the animals with Copic markers. I then created a small scene on the stage with the bear and bird, and also decorated the sides of the box with other animals in the band and some musical notes. It is so fun to work with these critters and the little theater. Thanks for stopping by.
Challenge: Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #33: Fun Folds
- Stamps – Lawn Fawn: “You are Sublime,” and “Push Here” sets
- Dies – Lawn Fawn: “You are Sublime,” “Lift the Flap Circles,” and “Porthole Frames”
- Copic markers
- Embossing powder – Ranger -Silver Pearl
- Cardstock – BoBunny and Paper Accents
This card was very fun to make. I die-cut the round flap, making a window in the top piece of grey cardstock. I colored my cast of characters with Copic markers and created the scene with the sea creatures in a layer underneath on light blue cardstock and adhered it behind the opening in the grey cardstock. I added the porthole frame around the circle flap and stamped “open” on the flap tab. The tab can then be tucked into the porthole frame. I colored the submarine image with metallic gel pens and adhered it to the outside of the flap. I then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment, adhering it to the bottom of the front panel. I then adhered the grey cardstock to the polka-dot, top fold card base. As always, Lawn Fawn has produced some great stamps and dies to create scenes with. I’m only getting started! Thanks for visiting.
Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #32 – Inspiration Board
Create and Makes Challenge #22 “Anything Goes”
Paper Craft Crew Challenge #297 “By the Sea”
- Stamps –
- Lawn Fawn “Critter Concert” and “Forest Feast”
- Hero Arts “Father’s Day Message”
- Dies – Lawn Fawn “Critter Concert,” “Forest Feast” and “Scalloped Rectangle Stackables”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Copic Markers
I love mixing and matching elements from different Lawn Fawn sets! I love the new musical critter set, and it was fun to place them on the big stump from the “Forest Feast” set in my stash. I colored each of the stamped and die-cut images with Copic markers. I made this card for my husband, and we are enjoying the company of our one son who just returned home for the summer from his first year of college. Thanks for visiting today!
Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #30 – Cards for Guys
2 Crafty Critter Crazies – Challenge #15
- Stamps – Lawn Fawn “Hang in There”
- Dies – Lawn Fawn “Hang in There”
- Stencil – The Crafter’s Workshop Rebekah Meier Designs “Connected Dots”
- Ranger Distress Oxide inks: Fired Brick and Antique Linen
- Zig Clean Color markers/waterbrush
- Gold Mosaic Stickers – Mark Richards, Ltd.
- Patterned papers – My Mind’s Eye “Come Away with Me”
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Small Talk Stickers – “Snarky”
I made this card for a young friend who turned 21. I knew I had to take advantage of our mutual sense of humor, so I used the “Snarky” sticker from Tim Holtz! I created the background with Distress Oxide inks and a stencil. I colored the sloth and branch with Zig Clean Color markers and watercolored the ink with a waterbrush. Once the images were dry, I die-cut them and placed them onto the background, stamped the birthday sentiment and added the sticker. I edged the watercolor paper with Distress ink then layered it onto the patterned papers. The gold stone mosaic stickers gave the card a little pizzazz. Thanks for visiting.
My Creative Scoop – Color Inspiration Monthly Link Up 33
2 Crafty Critter Crazies – Challenge #13