- Stamps –
- Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz – “Flutter”
- Flourishes LLC – “Botanical Bookplates”
- Embossing folder – Sizzix/Tim Holtz 3D Texture Fades “Botanical”
- Graphic 45 – Floral Shoppe Collection – 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper – “Indigo Lilies”
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Lacey Ovals”
- Pearls – KaiserCraft – Hot Pink
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I love floral images and butterflies, so this card was a joy to make. The floral paper is gorgeous and comes from an amazing collection from Graphic 45. Combining this paper with the new bling cardstock embossed with the new (to me) botanical embossing folder made for some tasty layers. I colored the butterflies with Distress inks using Ranger’s Detail Blending Tools that allowed me to blend the inks in smaller areas. I fussy-cut the butterflies to retain the antennae and popped them up with dimensional adhesive. I scattered a few pink pearls among the butterflies to tie the colors together. Thanks for visiting.
Challenge: Always Happy Birthday September Challenge – Happy Birthday
- Stampington & Co. Christine Adolph “Ledger Butterfly”
- Spellbinders “Wishing Expressions” stamp and die set
- Die – Spellbinders “Wishing Expressions” stamp and die set
- Tim Holtz Ideaology Collage Paper – Floral
- My handmade collage paper
- Perfect Pearls Mists “Bronze”
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist “Creme de Chocolat”
This is one of my favorite kinds of cards to make: mixed media. I layered my handmade collage tissue paper and some Tim Holtz collage paper onto cardstock with matte gel medium. I stamped the butterfly on a piece of tissue and adhered it with gel medium as well. After the piece dried, I sprayed it with the metallic inks and also inked the edges with black ink. I then added the die cut word and stamped sentiment and put the card together. Thanks for visiting.
Happy Little Stampers August Mixed Media Challenge – Words
Everybody-Art-Challenge #429 – Say it in words
- Napkin – Hoffmaster “Sweet Sunflowers”
- Stamp – Indigo Blu “Bunnies Dinkie”
- Copper embossing powder
- Sequins – 28 Lilac Lane
- Cardstock – Neenah
I participated in a swap that had a “sunshine” theme recently with a group of online friends (some of whom I’ve actually met!). We trade these baseball card-sized Artist’s Trading Cards (ATCs) with each other from time to time. This time around the theme was “Here Comes the Sun.”
I made my cards using a pretty cocktail napkin as a base, adhering it to cardstock with gel medium which makes a nice texture.
I heat embossed the stamped sentiment onto vellum, cut it out and added it to the cards strategically so I didn’t cover the flowers completely. I’ve had this stamp for quite a while and have always liked the sentiment on it. Finally I arranged sequins from my stash around for a little visual interest. You can get a closer look at one here.
Thanks for stopping by.
Shopping Our Stash #358 – Summer Color Palette
Crafty Gal’s Corner – Challenge #167 ~ Summer Colours
- Stamps –
- Art Gone Wild “Fancy Florals”
- Kodomo “Happy Birthday”
- Ink – Ranger Distress – Picked Raspberry
- Sequins – Doodlebug Designs, Inc.
- Glitter – Ranger Stickles – Diamond
- Cardstock – Neenah Solar White and BoBunny Back-To-Back Dots
I created this card as a one-layer card with the exception of the sentiment. I stamped the flower stamp, masking it so I could overlap flowers. I added the more solid “background” on the left-hand side by applying ink to my Gelli Plate. I cut around some of the flowers on the right side for some visual initerest. For the flower centers, I added glitter with Stickles, and then scattered a few sequins around the flowers for a little more shine. Finally I added the birthday sentiment. Thanks for stopping by.
Crafty Creations Challenge #367 – Anything Goes
Paper Players Challenge #394 – Clean and Simple “Bloom”
- Inks – Ranger Distress Oxides:
- Background – Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron
- Flowers – Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick, Wilted Violet, Lucky Clover
- Sentiment – VersaFine Clair: Medieval Blue
- Stamps –
- Hero Arts – F2665 – “A Real Field Wildflower” and H3259 – “Real Fuchsia”
- Avery Elle – “Loads of Wishes”
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities
- Metallic embellishments – made with Imagine “irRESISTible” Silver Pico embellishing drops
- Cardstock –
- BoBunny Ocean Double-Dot
- Neenah Solar White
It was fun to pull out these wood-mounted stamps that I’ve had for years (copyrights on the stamps are 2003 and 2005, when I most likely purchased them)! I started out by making the backgrounds with Distress Oxide inks and water in some of my favorite color combinations. Then I applied ink directly to the rubber stamps and spritzed them with water, then stamped onto the backgrounds. These stamps lend themselves well to a watercolor effect. For a clean and simple card, I just added a die-cut (split one between the two cards), and stamped a sentiment. For a final flourish, I added some subtle bling with the irRESISTible drops and mounted onto a white card base. Thanks for visiting.
Always Fun Challenge #56 – Flowers
Crafty Friends Challenge #82 – Flowers
- Stamps – Honey Bee Stamps “Zen Floral”
- Dies – Honey Bee Stamps Honey Cuts “Zen Floral” and “Hello”
- Inks – Ranger Distress Oxides: Peacock Feathers, Worn Lipstick and Squeezed Lemonade
- Copic markers
- Cardstock scraps
- Sequins – Simon Says Stamp “Moonshine”
For this card, I used this floral stamp set in two different was. First I created the background, beginning with covering a piece of watercolor paper with Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink, direct to paper. This ink covers the paper so smoothly and thoroughly with just a few swipes! I then stamped the border stamp from the Zen Floral set with another color of the oxide inks with a spritz of water, which activates the ink. I used Worn Lipstick ink for the top border and Squeezed Lemonade on the bottom. I then cut the “Hello” die-cuts and stamped and colored more flowers using Copic markers, picking up the colors in the borders. I arranged the flowers and sequins around the greeting. Ta da! Thanks for stopping by.
Challenges: Happy Little Stampers – April Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
- Patterned paper – Authentique Jubilee Collection: Jubilee Six and Jubilee Three
- Die – Lawn Fawn “Outside In Stitched Scalloped
- Cardstock – KaiserCraft
- Paper flowers
- Ranger Distress Mica Spray – Tarnished Brass
- Rose – Maya Road
For this card I layered the “Happy Easter” panel from the Authentique Jubilee “Jubilee Six” paper onto a pink scalloped panel that I cut with the Lawn Fawn die. I layered that onto another pretty Authentique paper from the Jubilee collection called “Jubilee Three.” I tied the ribbon around the layers and adhered the whole thing to a pink card base.
I colored the flowers to match the papers. For the larger flower, I sprayed it with mica spray and topped it with a smaller paper flower that I colored with a Copic marker (R81). I added a pink plastic button for the flower center and adhered the flower bundle to the base of the card above the ribbon. I added the small plastic rose to the top left of the card.
Thanks for visiting and Happy Easter!