- Stamps –
- Flourishes “Orchids”
- Technique Tuesday “Pansy Stamp Set”
- Embossing folder – Cuttlebug Decorative Tile
- Patterned paper – BoBunny “Secret Garden – Lovely”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Zig Clean Color markers/waterbrush
For this simple card, the main attraction is the orchid. This is such a beautiful stamp set from Flourishes! I stamped it and then went in with Zig Clean Color markers and a waterbrush to color the image. I added the sentiment, still keeping it simple and elegant. I layered the main image with a subtle patterned paper and a simple embossed white layer, then adhered the whole shebang onto pink cardstock. I made this card for a close friend who recently lost her husband. Thanks for visiting.
Challenge: Happy Little Stampers August Watercolor Challenge
- Stamps – The Cat’s Pajamas “Big Cups”
- Dies – The Cat’s Pajamas “Scalloped Duo Dies”
- Stencil – Stencil Girl Products S319 – “Scribble Blooms”
- Inks – Ranger Distress Oxide inks: Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, and Worn Lipstick. Ranger Distress Inks: Mustard Seed and Dried Marigold
- Patterned paper – My Mind’s Eye
- Cardstock – BoBunny and Bazzill
- Copic markers
I created the handmade background using Distress Oxide inks through a stencil and repeated the Summer colors with papers and Distress inks. The penguin was colored with Copic markers and popped up to add dimension. The sentiment stamp and the penguin are from the same set from The Cat’s Pajamas–I always like the sentiments! I am pleased to participate in the 2017 Summer Coffee Lover’s Blog Hop. Thanks for stopping by.
- Stamps – Ranger – Dina Wakley Media “Scribbly Flowers” (flower and sentiment)
- Paint – Dina Wakley Media acrylic paints
- Dina Wakley Media scribble sticks
- Dina Wakley Media Tape
- Washi tape
- Hampton Art KI Memories Yellow gems
- Handmade paper – Teal
- Cardstock – Black – Bazzill
I created this brightly colored, mixed media card by brushing on acrylic paints in the background, and accenting the stamped image with Scribble Sticks. I stamped the quote on Dina’s Media Tape, which is sort of like homemade Washi tape (I scribbled on it also). I added a thin strip of patterned Washi tape I had in my stash as well. I’m entering this card in the Creative Artiste’s Challenge #26, which is to create using mixed media. Thanks for visiting.
- Stamp – Impression Obsession “Sweetpea Corner”
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Classic Ovals”
- Patterned paper – Belle Vie 6X6″ pad – Julie Nutting
- Zig Clean Color markers / waterbrush
- Cardstock – Bazzill
This is a simple Springtime card featuring the sweetpea stamp from Impression Obsession. I colored it with Zig Clean Color markers and used a waterbrush for the watercolor effect.
Challenge: 613 Avenue Create Challenge #195 – Anything Goes / Stamped Image
Thanks for visiting today.
- Altoid tins
- Decorative paper napkins
- Gel medium
- Black Staz-On ink pad
- Pearl trim
- Small wooden hearts
- Treasure Pewter Wax Gilt
- DecoArt Metallic Lustre (metallic wax) – Copper Kettle
I was inspired by a wonderful spread in the February Craft Stamper Magazine showcasing altered Altoid candy tins. I’m part of a monthly group at our local art and craft store: Runaway Art and Craft Studio. We take turns selecting a project from the magazine and leading the group in creating it. It was my turn to lead the group and I chose altering Altoid tins with paper napkins. We each took a tin and applied a thin layer of gesso. We cut out small portions of napkins to fit the front and back of the tins and then attached them with gel medium. Once dry, I edged the tin with Staz-On ink on a foam applicator and stamped one of the tins (on the right) with a text stamp in spots. I covered the portion of the tins (without the napkin) with the metallic wax, as well as the wooden hearts. Finally, I applied black Staz-On ink gently on the pearls (right hand tin) for an antiqued look and attached the wooden hearts to the top. Thanks for visiting.
- Die-cut embellishment – K & Company Tim Coffey Stitched Adornments
- Embossing folder – Sizzix “Swirls4”
- Stamp – (sentiment) PowerPoppy “Dyn amic Duos Peonies & Tulips”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
My family is working through my birthday card stash pretty quickly, so I decided to make a quick birthday card trying not to think very much. I didn’t worry about challenges or using something from a particular brand, etc. So this is what I came up with and I like it! I hope you do, too. Have a great day and thanks for visiting.
- Stamps – Stampers Anonymous, Tim Holtz Collection “Mini Bouquet”
- Dies – Sizzix Framelets “Flower Garden & Mini Bouquet”
- Embossing folder – Sizzix 3-D Textured Impressions “Leaves”
- Cardstock – Bazzill Bling
- Zig Clean Color markers
- Ranger Distress Inks
I created these Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) to swap with some online friends. Our theme was Nature’s Beauty. I started by stamping the flower images on watercolor paper and then coloring them with Zig Clean Color markers and a water brush. I used the matching dies to cut out the watercolored flowers. After I cut the cardstock into trading card size (2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″), I ran them through my Cuttlebug with the embossing folder to achieve the leaf background. I then adhered the die-cut flowers to the cards. I printed out the Emerson quote and applied Distress inks, cut out the quotes and adhered them to the cards. Thanks for visiting.