- Patterned papers –
- Authentique Shamrock Collection – Shamrock Five
- Authentique Clover Collection – Clover Five (focal image)
- Die – Art Impressions – Banner Double Stitched Dies
- Doily – Doodlebug Designs
- Twine – May Arts
- Cardsotck –
- Paper Accents Glitter Cardstock – Green
I really like the color green, so when I had a chance to use these Authentique papers to create a card for Runaway Art and Craft Studio, I was excited. This is a very simple card with small touches that make it special: glitter paper matting around the focal image, lovely patterned paper from Authentique, the doily and twine at the top, and that eye-catching banner die-cut I made with the new Art Impressions die. And everything is green! Thanks for visiting today.
Challenge – The Paper Players PP429 – Monochromatic Clean and Simple Challenge
- Stamp – Art Gone Wild / Catherine Scanlon Designs – Say It
- Washi tape -Queen & Company
- Patterned cardstock – BoBunny
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Embossing powder – Stampendous – Detail White
I really like the strong lines in this card design and really had fun interpreting the sketch. The sketch is the current sketch at the Case This Sketch site. I created the bold lines with washi tape using the dotted cardstock as a base. I then heat embossed the sentiment so that it would match the black and white of many of the elements. Very simple, but I was pleased with the outcome. Thanks for visiting today.
Challenge: Case This Sketch #304
- Stamps –
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection – Wildflowers
- Technique Tuesday – Ranunculus
- Watercolors – Sakura Koi
This is a clean and simple card with a bright palette–a fresh look after holiday cards! I created the background using watercolors and blending them vertically. Once it was dry, I stamped the floral silhouette and sentiment onto the watercolored panel and added sequins for some visual interest. I layered the panel onto the subtle patterned paper and a matching card base. Very simple! Thanks for visiting.
Challenge: CASology Week 325 – Fresh
- Stamps – Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection: Winter Watercolor and Festive Overlay
- Patterned paper – Pebbles – Cozy & Bright Collection – Winter Green
- Ranger Distress Ink – Evergreen Bough
- Silver Mirror Cardstock – Paper Accents
- Cardstock – Neenah
For this card, I started out with a Distress Ink background and then stamped the bird and sentiment on top. The detail of the chickadee stamp is really lovely and I didn’t want to detract from it with a lot of fussy stuff. I did add some glitz by layering the image with some patterned paper and then a layer of silver mirror cardstock. I added the silver ribbon for some visual interest and to repeat the silver again to tie it altogether while still keeping it clean and simple. I was inspired by the current sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch. Thanks for visiting.
Challenge – CAS(E) this Sketch #301
- Die – Sizzix/Tim Holtz – Flurry #2
- Stamp – Lawn Fawn – Simply Winter Sentiments
- Watercolors – Windsor & Newton
- Silver mirror cardstock – Paper Accents
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I created this card based on inspiration from Day 2 of Online Card Classes Clean & Simply Holiday class. You need to take the class to get all of the steps, but it was fun to get back with my watercolors again and a technique I learned long ago in college. I layered the watercolored panel onto a shiny piece of silver cardstock and heat embossed the sentiment for a bit of gloss and sheen. Thanks for stopping by.
- Stamps –
- Art Gone Wild “Fancy Florals”
- Kodomo “Happy Birthday”
- Ink – Ranger Distress – Picked Raspberry
- Sequins – Doodlebug Designs, Inc.
- Glitter – Ranger Stickles – Diamond
- Cardstock – Neenah Solar White and BoBunny Back-To-Back Dots
I created this card as a one-layer card with the exception of the sentiment. I stamped the flower stamp, masking it so I could overlap flowers. I added the more solid “background” on the left-hand side by applying ink to my Gelli Plate. I cut around some of the flowers on the right side for some visual initerest. For the flower centers, I added glitter with Stickles, and then scattered a few sequins around the flowers for a little more shine. Finally I added the birthday sentiment. Thanks for stopping by.
Crafty Creations Challenge #367 – Anything Goes
Paper Players Challenge #394 – Clean and Simple “Bloom”
- Stamps –
- Stampendous Laurel Burch “Cling Flutterbye”
- The Cat’s Pajamas “Simply Said”
- Embossing folder – Elizabeth Crafts “Damask”
- White embossing powder – Stampendous
- Pentel Sparkle Pop pens
- Sakura Gelly Roll pens
- Kraft cardstock
- Bling cardstock
This was a fun card to make. I started by heat embossing the butterfly stamp with white embossing powder onto Kraft cardstock. Then I colored it with metallic gel pens for a nice shine. Once completed, I fussy cut the butterfly out and popped it up on the embossed kraft panel with dimensional adhesive. I heat embossed the sentiment with white powder onto black. I matted the kraft panel and the sentiment onto shiny blue panels and then mounted the whole thing onto a white card base. Thanks for visiting today.
Challenge: Creative With Stamps Challenge #25 CAS + Sentiment
- Stamps – Hero Arts “Hipster Animals” and “Father’s Day Message”
- Dies –
- Elizabeth Craft Designs “Beaded Circle Frames”
- Spellbinders Nestabilities “Standard Circles Large”
- Patterned paper – KaiserCraft “Mister Fox Collection”
- Watercolor paper – Strathmore cold press
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Ink pads – Versafine “Onyx Black” and “Satin Red”
- Zig Clean Color markers
I stamped the bear and his accessories in Versafine ink. He’s quite dapper! I always like dressing up cute animals! That’s why it so appropriately fits the bill for Week 253 Challenge at Casology: Clothes. I added color to the bear and the stamped sentiment with Zig Clean Color markers and added water with a waterbrush to blend and soften the colors. I fussy-cut the bear (I have the dies, but wanted to layer the accessories directly to the same layer). I adhered it to the patterned circle die-cut, layered with the Beaded Circle Frame die-cut, with some dimensional adhesive. I trimmed the sentiment into a flag and layered on black cardstock strip. I placed all elements onto the card base to complete the card. Thanks for visiting.
- Stamps and Dies – Lawn Fawn “Jump for Joy” sets
- Embossing powder – Stampendous “Lettuce”
- Sequins – 28 Lilac Lane “Neutrals”
- Cardstock – Paper Accents
- Copic markers
I couldn’t resist these creatures playing in the Fall leaves! I stamped and die-cut the various elements to create a clean and simple birthday card for my son. The images are colored with Copic markers. I’m thinking this card is perfect for the Paper Players Challenge #313 “Taste of Fall.” Thanks for stopping by.
- Stamps – Altenew – Fresh Freesia
- Embossing folder – Cuttlebug – Kassie’s Brocade
- Zig Clean Color watercolor markers
- Cardstock – BoBunny Violet Dot and Paper Accents Lavender Twilight
I stamped this pretty freesia on watercolor paper and colored it with Zig markers and a waterbrush. After I was finished watercoloring, I stamped the sentiment which is from the same Altenew clear stamp set. I used my Misti to get a nice, dark image. I’m a big fan of that tool! I wanted the card to be simple and elegant, so I used an embossed layer and offset it a bit to make the brocade embossing more visible. The Addicted to CAS challenge #89 – Petals is a current challenge and this is pretty clean and simple, so I’ll toss my hat in the ring. Thanks for stopping by.