- Stencil – The Crafter’s Workshop “Echoes”
- Stamps – Penny Black “Flourish Birthday” and Impression Obsession “C-A-C Gradation”
- Pearls – KaiserCraft – Chino and White pearls
- Distress Inks – Ranger – Brushed Corduroy and Tattered Rose
- Embossing Powder – Stampendous – Detail White
Another stenciled card, using a white embossed greeting as a sort of resist. I’ve applied Distress Inks with a foam applicator through the stencil and then stamped over it with a subtle background image. This is a very simple, one layer card with a few pearls to dress it up. I was inspired by Day Two of the Stenciled class over at Online Card Classes. I have more stenciling experiments in the works! Thanks for stopping by.
- Stencil – Hero Arts “Borders”
- Stamp – Simon Says Stamp “Square Sayings”
- Border punch – Fiskars “Upper Crest”
- Cardstock – Neenah Solar White, Bazzill
- Colored pencils – Staedtler
- Prismacolor colored pencil – white
I created this card based on Day Two lessons on Online Card Classes Stenciled class. I used colored pencils with a stencil and then continued to smear the coloring in the same direction as my coloring with an eraser. I then took a white Prismacolor pencil and colored through the stenciled images with vertical strokes. This gives the impression of the objects falling or raining down. Thanks for stopping by.
- Stencil – Tim Holtz Collection – Stamper’s Anonymous “Clockwork”
- Stamp – Hero Arts OWH Set “You’re Always in my Heart”
- Patterned paper – Marion Smith Designs – “Nirvana: Photo Op”
- Cardstock – BoBunny and Bazzill
- Distress Ink – Ranger – Bundled Sage, Victorian Velvet and Walnut Stain
This was the first card that I’ve made during the Online Card Classes Stenciled. This one is from a lesson during Day One. I used heat embossing and a stencil for this card, applying color with Ranger Distress inks. As usual, I’m really enjoying this class and having fun trying some new techniques. I will be adding this to my Operation Write Home box–it is always fun to use the OWH stamps from Hero Arts. Thanks for visiting.
- Die cuts – made from Spellbinders Nestabilities “Floral Doily Motifs” set
- Stamp – from Flourishes “Botanical Bookplates Volume 1” set
- Patterned papers – My Mind’s Eye: Collectable collection – “Notable ‘Cute’ Muse Paper” (both sides) and “Notable ‘Silly’ Cheery Paper”
- Embellishment – Jolee’s Boutique “Mini Flower Gems Pearl”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I used this fantastic sketch from Freshly Made Sketches for today’s card – Sketch #119. It is a pretty unusual, asymmetrical design and is really good for showing off patterned papers.This card is all about shapes and patterns. Thanks for visiting today.
- Stamps – The Cat’s Pajamas “Ship Happens” and Hero Arts “Right at Home”
- Patterned paper – My Mind’s Eye “Collectible: Memorable ‘Hello’ Cordial Paper” (both sides)
- Cardstock – Bazzill and BoBunny
- Dies – JustRite/Spellbinders “Vintage Labels Three” and Spellbinders “Standard Circle Large”
This is my last penguin card for a little while. I used another Cat’s Pajamas stamp and colored the image with Copic markers. I doubled-up the Vintage Labels die cuts for a little change. This is the final penguin card for Operation Penguin at Operation Write Home (OWH). There is a Brigadier General who has a certain fondness for penguins, and he has requested that we send penguin cards for his unit to send home. And many of us are happily fulfilling his request. This week’s Shopping Our Stash Challenge #134 is to make Miss You cards. I pulled this penguin stamp out of my stash unused! I’ve had it for a long time, too! The sentiment is one that I’ve used a number of time for OWH, and I found the patterned paper amid many other sheets of paper! I successfully shopped my stash, down to the little scrap of ribbon! Thanks for visiting today.
- Stamps – The Cat’s Pajamas “Best Fishes” and “Smells Like Cake” (for the birthday sentiment)
- Patterned papers – Scenic Route “Appleton 5th Street” (both sides)
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Labels Fifteen”
- Embellishments – Stampendous Class A Peel Stickers “Geo Shapes Sparklers-Blue”
- Punch – Creative Memories corner punch
- Cardstock – Bazzill
Yes, another penguin card! I have just a few penguin stamps in my collection! I am taking Operation Penguin just a bit further than Sandy probably would like! But who doesn’t like a good penguin in their life? This is another from The Cat’s Pajamas. I colored the stamped image with Copic Markers and layered it up. I wanted to use this striped paper with all of the bright colors to bring out some of the colors in the image. We were challenged to make a card with stripes in the current Our Daily Bread Challenge for January at Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps. Thanks for stopping by.
- Stamps – Inky Antics “Baking Penguins” and Northwoods “Capital For You”
- Patterned papers – from Echo Park “For the Record 2” 6 X 6” paper pad
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I used Freshly Made Sketches #118 for this card. It is another penguin card for Operation Penguin at Operation Write Home. I have a lot of penguin stamps, as you may have guessed, so I am taking advantage of this event to use some of my penguins for the greater good! I colored this little guy with Copics and fussy cut him and popped him up. Enjoy! And thanks for visiting.