- Stamps – Darcie’s set JCS165
- Dies –
- My Favorite Things Die-namics #466 – “Sun, Moon & Stars”
- Little B “Circles”
- Spellbinders Edgeabilities “Classic Ric Rac”
- Patterned papers
- Echo Park “A Perfect Summer: Chevrons”
- KaiserCraft Ubud Dreams (from 6-1/2″ paper pad)
- Sequins – Doodlebug Designs
- Cardstock – Paper Accents
In honor of the solar eclipse we experienced here in the path of totality, I made a card featuring the sun! I used a stamp set I’ve had for a number of years by Darcie’s. It was fun to repeat the sun’s rays with the die-cut from My Favorite Things and repeat the chevron from the paper with the die-cut made with the Spellbinder’s Ric Rac die. The sequins are an iridescent yellow, but they look pretty orange in the photo. Thanks for stopping by.
Challenge: Happy Little Stampers – August Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
3 Comments | tags: cardmaking, Darcie's, die cuts, echo park, my favorite things, spellbinders, stamping | posted in General Cards, Happy Little Stampers, Summer
- Stamps – both from Darcie’s “Here Comes the Sun” set
- Patterned papers – Simple Stories “Say Cheese” collection 6″ X 6″ paper pad
- Dies – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Standard Circles Large”
- Sequens – Doodlebug Design Inc.
- Punches – Marvy Uchida and Fiskars
I created this card for Challenge #41 at Addicted to Clean and Simple and the Clean and Simple Stamping Challenge #297. The Code Word for the Addicted to CAS challenge is SUN. When I saw that I immediately thought of this stamp set. The sketch for the Clean and Simple Stamping Challenge #297 was a little challenging and it took me what seemed like hours to decide where to place the sequins! Thanks for stopping by today.
5 Comments | tags: cardmaking, Darcie's, die cuts, stamping | posted in Challenges, Clean & Simple, Summer
- Stamps – Darcie’s “Here Comes the Sun”
- Die cuts made with Spellbinders Nestabilities “Standard Circles Large”
- Patterned papers – My Mind’s Eye “Come Away with Me” 6 X 6″ paper pad
- Bronze Pearl Pen – Viva Decor
- Cardstock – Bazzill
We need a sunny card during these cold Winter days! For this one, I used the OWH Sketch #206 at the Stars and Stamps blog and some paper from a My Mind’s Eye 6 X 6″ paper pad. The colors make the card appropriate for a recipient of either gender. Thanks for visiting today.
1 Comment | tags: cardmaking, clean and simple stamping, Darcie's, die cuts, my mind's eye | posted in Challenges, OWH