- Stamps –
- Impression Obsession “Sleepy Owl”
- The Cat’s Pajamas “Simply Said”
- Patterned papers –
- BoBunny “Enchanted Garden Romance” and “Dot to Dot – Violet Dot”
- Bazzill – “Antique Script”
- Copic Markers
- Embossing Powder – Ranger Ink
I’ve had this owl stamp and the patterned paper on the card base for years, so it was fun to create this card for an owl enthusiast with it. I colored the image with Copic markers, fussy-cut it, and layered it onto a couple of layers of patterned paper. I heat embossed the sentiment onto the black paper so it would stand out. A very simple card. Thanks for stopping by.
Challenge: Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #318
- Stamps/Dies – Art Impressions “Mini Raccoon Spinner Set”
- Rectangle dies – Simon Says Stamp “Stitched Rectangles”
- Patterned paper – BoBunny “Enchanted Harvest Collection” 6 X 6″ paper pad
- Cardstock – Paper Accents
- Copic markers
- Fishing line
This raccoon is is running up the tree and really trying to take that cake! I stamped the raccoon and cupcake, then colored them with Copic markers. Once that was complete, I die cut them and attached them to the fishing line (these images are two-sided).
Detail of view of raccoon from the inside.
I put a panel of the bark patterned paper on the inside of the card base and die cut the outside opening and the other stitched frames. I attached the raccoon and cupcake suspended by fishing line on the back side of the card front, concealing the fishing line with another stitched frame.
This was a fun card to make and I know a certain raccoon lover who will really like it! Thanks for visiting.
Challenge: Happy Little Stampers September Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.
- Stamps –
- Flourishes “Orchids”
- Technique Tuesday “Pansy Stamp Set”
- Embossing folder – Cuttlebug Decorative Tile
- Patterned paper – BoBunny “Secret Garden – Lovely”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Zig Clean Color markers/waterbrush
For this simple card, the main attraction is the orchid. This is such a beautiful stamp set from Flourishes! I stamped it and then went in with Zig Clean Color markers and a waterbrush to color the image. I added the sentiment, still keeping it simple and elegant. I layered the main image with a subtle patterned paper and a simple embossed white layer, then adhered the whole shebang onto pink cardstock. I made this card for a close friend who recently lost her husband. Thanks for visiting.
Challenge: Happy Little Stampers August Watercolor Challenge
- Stamps –
- Impression Obsession MC181 “Cupcake”
- Avery Elle “Oh Happy Day”
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Standard Circles Large”
- Patterned paper – BoBunny Secret Garden Collection: Roses (both sides)
- Markers – KaiserCraft metallic gel pens
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I’m doing a little catching up on cardmaking while I have a few days off. I’ve had this stamp set for a long time and it is always fun to pull something out of my stash. I decided to pick up on the roses on some of the cupcakes and repeat roses with the patterned paper. I colored the cupcakes with KaiserCraft gel pens that really work well with their 0.6mm tips for fine lines.
I created this card using a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #250. Unfortunately, I forgot to link it over there until the deadline had passed! Oh well! I will be linking to The Paper Players current challenge, which is #309: Something Sweet. A group of stamping friends and I have been virtually getting together for two years, so we decided to make cupcake cards for the occasion and this is mine. Thanks for stopping by.
- Dies – Simon Says Stamp –
- “Quadrangle Frames”
- Patterned cardstock – BoBunny
- Solid cardstock – Bazzill
- Sequins – Doodlebug Designs
I created this card without doing any stamping, which is fun to do once in awhile (but I do love my stamping!). This is a very simple design and could qualify as a masculine card. I made it in response to the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Group Challenge #52: “Cut it Out,” which is to use die cuts on a card. The Shopping our Stash Challenge #265 is to use a word die and on this card, the sentiment is the focal point. That’s it for now. Thanks for visiting.
- Stamp and stencil set – Stampers Anonymous Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 “Hydrangea”
- Die (Tag) – Simon Says Stamp “Medium Tags”
- Stamp (Sentiment) – Simon Says Stamp “Happy & Smile” set
- Patterned paper – BoBunny “Enchanted Garden”
- Ranger Distress inks – Shaded Lilac, Victorian Velvet, Seedless Preserves, Peeled Paint, and Crushed Olive
- Embossing paste – translucent – Wendy Vecchi Studio 490
- Sequins – Simon Says Stamp – Assorted Moonshine
- Cardstock – Paper Accents “Lavender Twilight”
I created this card for my sister’s birthday. I had created a number of images with the hydrangea stamp and stencil set when I was demonstrating with them at Runaway Art and Craft Studio in Salem, Oregon. After I stamped and colored this image with Distress inks, I added some translucent embossing paste over the flowers to add some texture. I put the image together with a birthday tag colored with matching Distress ink and added some sequin sparkle. This Anything Goes card fits the Simon Says Stamp Blog Wednesday Challenge this week and the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge, too. Thanks for visiting.
- Stamps – My Favorite Things “Strike up the Band” set
- Die – My Favorite Things “Strike up the Band”
- Patterned papers – BoBunny “Enchanted Garden” 6″ X 6″ paper pad
- Simon Says Stamp Cardstock – Fog
- Copic markers
- Stampendous embossing powder – Detail White
- Hero Arts spray ink – Unicorn
There are so many cute bunnies in this stamp set from My Favorite Things! I’ve had these stamps and dies for a while, but hadn’t gotten a chance to use them on a card until now. I’m also entering this card in two challenges on the My Favorite Things blog: The Sketch #291 challenge and MFT Color Challenge #50. After I stamped and die cut the bunny, I colored it with Copics to match the MFT color challenge. I popped it up with dimensional adhesive on the patterned paper background that I spattered with white spray ink. I heat embossed the sentiment in white and added the musical notes from the stamp set. Thanks for visiting.