- Stamps –
- Art Impressions “Meow-lloween” set
- Lawn Fawn “Spooktacular” (sentiment)
- Embossing folder – Cuttlebug “Boo to You”
- Die – Elizabeth Craft Designs “Beaded Circle Frames”
- Cardstock – Bazzill and Neenah Solar White
- Copic markers
I enjoyed using this Halloween inspired embossing folder that I’ve had in my stash for some time! To emphasize the details, I applied black ink over each circle with a sponge dauber. I stamped and colored the cat and bat, then added them to the black “frame” I’d created using leftovers from cutting the Beaded Circle Frames die-cuts for another project. I added the sentiment and tied the card up in a ribbon to finish it off. Thanks for stopping by.
- Stamps –
- Flourishes “Orchids”
- Technique Tuesday “Pansy Stamp Set”
- Embossing folder – Cuttlebug Decorative Tile
- Patterned paper – BoBunny “Secret Garden – Lovely”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Zig Clean Color markers/waterbrush
For this simple card, the main attraction is the orchid. This is such a beautiful stamp set from Flourishes! I stamped it and then went in with Zig Clean Color markers and a waterbrush to color the image. I added the sentiment, still keeping it simple and elegant. I layered the main image with a subtle patterned paper and a simple embossed white layer, then adhered the whole shebang onto pink cardstock. I made this card for a close friend who recently lost her husband. Thanks for visiting.
Challenge: Happy Little Stampers August Watercolor Challenge
- Stamps – Hero Arts “Hipster Animals” and “Father’s Day Message”
- Dies –
- Elizabeth Craft Designs “Beaded Circle Frames”
- Spellbinders Nestabilities “Standard Circles Large”
- Patterned paper – KaiserCraft “Mister Fox Collection”
- Watercolor paper – Strathmore cold press
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Ink pads – Versafine “Onyx Black” and “Satin Red”
- Zig Clean Color markers
I stamped the bear and his accessories in Versafine ink. He’s quite dapper! I always like dressing up cute animals! That’s why it so appropriately fits the bill for Week 253 Challenge at Casology: Clothes. I added color to the bear and the stamped sentiment with Zig Clean Color markers and added water with a waterbrush to blend and soften the colors. I fussy-cut the bear (I have the dies, but wanted to layer the accessories directly to the same layer). I adhered it to the patterned circle die-cut, layered with the Beaded Circle Frame die-cut, with some dimensional adhesive. I trimmed the sentiment into a flag and layered on black cardstock strip. I placed all elements onto the card base to complete the card. Thanks for visiting.
- Stamps – Altenew – Fresh Freesia
- Embossing folder – Cuttlebug – Kassie’s Brocade
- Zig Clean Color watercolor markers
- Cardstock – BoBunny Violet Dot and Paper Accents Lavender Twilight
I stamped this pretty freesia on watercolor paper and colored it with Zig markers and a waterbrush. After I was finished watercoloring, I stamped the sentiment which is from the same Altenew clear stamp set. I used my Misti to get a nice, dark image. I’m a big fan of that tool! I wanted the card to be simple and elegant, so I used an embossed layer and offset it a bit to make the brocade embossing more visible. The Addicted to CAS challenge #89 – Petals is a current challenge and this is pretty clean and simple, so I’ll toss my hat in the ring. Thanks for stopping by.
- Die cuts made from:
- Impression Obsession “Snowflakes”
- Spellbinders Nestabilities “Romantic Rectangles”
- Stamp – Inkadinkado “Happy Birthday” (98164-MM)
- Embossing folder – Cuttlebug “Snow Dots”
- Patterned cardstock – BoBunny
- Cardstock – Paper Accents
I created this card with the Operation Write Home Mid-month Throwdown in mind. The challenge is to make a Winter birthday card and I immediately thought snowflakes. I used an embossed background featuring snowflakes and added a couple of die cut snowflakes as well. Even the edge of the sentiment die cut fits in with the lacey snowflake look. Thanks for stopping by today.
- Patterned paper – Heidi Swapp “Favorite Things” 6 X 6″ paper pad
- Emobssing folder – Cuttlebug – Anna Griffin “Pirouette”
- Die – Lil’ Inker Designs “Hello Word”
- Felt Flower – Hero Arts “Buttons Galore”
- Sequins – Doodlebug Designs
- Paper String – Tim Holtz Idea-ology
For this card, I used Freshly Made Sketches #147 as a guide. I thought the sequins helped tie the pattern in the floral paper to the background by repeating the round motif and colors a little bit. I dug deeply in my stash for the felt button. I think I’ve had those for years and still have a few more. Such treasure! Thanks for stopping by today.
- Stamps – Lawn Fawn “Into the Woods”
- Patterned paper – Basic Grey “Porcelain” 6″ paper pad
- Embossing folder – Cuttlebug “Woodgrain”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Black Prismacolor pencil
I created this image for a demo I did for a small group I belong to. We have our own “book club” using Craft Stamper Magazine, and meet monthly to share projects we’ve made from the current month’s issue. This stamp is meant to be a chipmunk, but this project “skunkified” the chipmunk and gave it a whole new look! I used colored pencil to fill in the black spaces and add a stripe down his head. The sketch is the current one at Operation Write Home (OWH) Stars and Stamps, Sketch #226. I created a wood-look background with the embossing folder to make the skunk feel more at home. Thanks for visiting.