- Stamps – Penny Black “Butterfly Trio”
- Die – Technique Tuesday “Crocus” set
- Enamel dots – Teresa Collins Designs
- Zig Clean Color markers
- Watercolor paper
After stamping the butterflies onto watercolor paper, I began watercoloring the background for this card using ink from the Zig Clean Color markers and a waterbrush. I added layers of color until I was happy with the look. Then I colored the butterflies with the markers and waterbrush as well, and added the die-cut and dots. Thanks for visiting.
Challenge: Happy Little Stampers October Watercolour Challenge
- Stamps/Dies – Art Impressions “Mini Raccoon Spinner Set”
- Rectangle dies – Simon Says Stamp “Stitched Rectangles”
- Patterned paper – BoBunny “Enchanted Harvest Collection” 6 X 6″ paper pad
- Cardstock – Paper Accents
- Copic markers
- Fishing line
This raccoon is is running up the tree and really trying to take that cake! I stamped the raccoon and cupcake, then colored them with Copic markers. Once that was complete, I die cut them and attached them to the fishing line (these images are two-sided).
Detail of view of raccoon from the inside.
I put a panel of the bark patterned paper on the inside of the card base and die cut the outside opening and the other stitched frames. I attached the raccoon and cupcake suspended by fishing line on the back side of the card front, concealing the fishing line with another stitched frame.
This was a fun card to make and I know a certain raccoon lover who will really like it! Thanks for visiting.
Challenge: Happy Little Stampers September Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.
- Stamps – Darcie’s set JCS165
- Dies –
- My Favorite Things Die-namics #466 – “Sun, Moon & Stars”
- Little B “Circles”
- Spellbinders Edgeabilities “Classic Ric Rac”
- Patterned papers
- Echo Park “A Perfect Summer: Chevrons”
- KaiserCraft Ubud Dreams (from 6-1/2″ paper pad)
- Sequins – Doodlebug Designs
- Cardstock – Paper Accents
In honor of the solar eclipse we experienced here in the path of totality, I made a card featuring the sun! I used a stamp set I’ve had for a number of years by Darcie’s. It was fun to repeat the sun’s rays with the die-cut from My Favorite Things and repeat the chevron from the paper with the die-cut made with the Spellbinder’s Ric Rac die. The sequins are an iridescent yellow, but they look pretty orange in the photo. Thanks for stopping by.
Challenge: Happy Little Stampers – August Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
- Stamps –
- Flourishes “Orchids”
- Technique Tuesday “Pansy Stamp Set”
- Embossing folder – Cuttlebug Decorative Tile
- Patterned paper – BoBunny “Secret Garden – Lovely”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Zig Clean Color markers/waterbrush
For this simple card, the main attraction is the orchid. This is such a beautiful stamp set from Flourishes! I stamped it and then went in with Zig Clean Color markers and a waterbrush to color the image. I added the sentiment, still keeping it simple and elegant. I layered the main image with a subtle patterned paper and a simple embossed white layer, then adhered the whole shebang onto pink cardstock. I made this card for a close friend who recently lost her husband. Thanks for visiting.
Challenge: Happy Little Stampers August Watercolor Challenge