- Stamps – Art Impressions – Valentine Critters Set
- Die – AlteNew – Pierced Mat Die
- Stencil – Newton’s Nook – Tree Rings
- Patterned paper – Photoplay – Thief of Hearts
- Cardstock – Bazzill Bling and BoBunny
I made this Valentine for my son, who is an Oregon State University student (and they’re the Beavers–Go Beavs!). He is a fan of cute animals, so this is right up his alley–and mine! I colored the beaver image with Copic markers and emulated the heart motif in the patterned paper in the heart he is clutching. The tree stump is created by applying Distress ink through a stencil. This was a fun card to piece together! Thanks for stopping by.
- Gel prints from my stash (using acrylic paint, stencils, found objects)
- Stamp – Altenew “Fresh Freesia”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Ink – VersaFine Clair “Medieval Blue”
- Sheer Shimmer Spritz – Gold – Imagine Crafts
I created these cards using scraps of gel prints that I printed long ago. I used stencils when I made the prints used in the first card, one is from The Crafter’s Workshop called “Aboriginal” (the smaller panel) and the other is a stencil I borrowed and I can’t determine the company who produced it. I also spritzed the final card with some sheer gold spray for a little shimmer. The second card featured green gold acrylic paint, so it already had a pretty gold metallic look. I have many, many prints in my stash because I’ve taught classes in printing and done it on my own so I have lots to play with as a result. Some I use in my art journals, but I have been enjoying using them in cards lately. For both cards, after I cut them into panels I edged them in a darker ink to “finish” them nicely. I also matted the pieces with cardstock and added the birthday sentiment. Thanks for visiting today.
Challenge: Hiding in my Craft Room – HIMCR #352 – Super Scraps Saturday
- Stamps – Altenew – Fresh Freesia
- Embossing folder – Cuttlebug – Kassie’s Brocade
- Zig Clean Color watercolor markers
- Cardstock – BoBunny Violet Dot and Paper Accents Lavender Twilight
I stamped this pretty freesia on watercolor paper and colored it with Zig markers and a waterbrush. After I was finished watercoloring, I stamped the sentiment which is from the same Altenew clear stamp set. I used my Misti to get a nice, dark image. I’m a big fan of that tool! I wanted the card to be simple and elegant, so I used an embossed layer and offset it a bit to make the brocade embossing more visible. The Addicted to CAS challenge #89 – Petals is a current challenge and this is pretty clean and simple, so I’ll toss my hat in the ring. Thanks for stopping by.
- Stamps – Altnew “Fresh Freesia”
- Corner punch – Fiskars “Spiral”
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers
- Cardstock – Worldwin
- Watercolor paper – Canson Aquarelle 140 lb. cold press
This clean and simple, one-layer card features the lovely Altenew Freesia stamps. I’ll be giving this card to a friend who recently lost her mother. The coloring is done with Zig Clean Color markers and a water brush. It is so fun to watercolor with these–the results are actually quite remarkable (bad pun–sorry!). Thanks for visiting.
- Stamps – Altenew “Peony Scrolls”
- Dies –
- Memory Box “Amira Flourish”
- Lawn Fawn “Scripty Thanks”
- Patterned papers –
- Bella Blvd. Color Chaos Collection “Gulf Strandz”
- Ella & Viv “Watercolor Paradise #8”
- Rhinestones – A Muse Artstamps and Mark Richards Ltd.
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I played with a number of different elements and combinations before I landed on this final card! I used the sketch at Paper Players Sketch #251 as inspiration. I colored the stamped peony and leaves from Altenew with Copic markers and layered them on top of the Memory Box die cut. I added a few tiny rhinestones for a little sparkle. Thanks for visiting.
- Stamps – Altenew “Vintage Roses” and Hero Arts “Mother’s Day Message”
- Patterned paper – Creative Imaginations – Christine Adolph “Boho”
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Lacey Circles”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I’m late getting in the game here, but here is my Mom’s Mother’s Day card that I delivered today. I love a square card! I used the Clean & Simple Stamping Fall to Layout #11 (take two) as sketch inspiration to create this. I stamped with these wonderful Altenew stamps that you can layer together to make some lovely dimensional flowers. I used Colorbox Chalk Inks to layer the color on these roses and leaves. Thanks for visiting today.