- Patterned papers –
- Authentique Shamrock Collection – Shamrock Five
- Authentique Clover Collection – Clover Five (focal image)
- Die – Art Impressions – Banner Double Stitched Dies
- Doily – Doodlebug Designs
- Twine – May Arts
- Cardsotck –
- Paper Accents Glitter Cardstock – Green
I really like the color green, so when I had a chance to use these Authentique papers to create a card for Runaway Art and Craft Studio, I was excited. This is a very simple card with small touches that make it special: glitter paper matting around the focal image, lovely patterned paper from Authentique, the doily and twine at the top, and that eye-catching banner die-cut I made with the new Art Impressions die. And everything is green! Thanks for visiting today.
Challenge – The Paper Players PP429 – Monochromatic Clean and Simple Challenge
- Dies –
- Hero Arts Nesting Butterflies Infinity Dies
- Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Hearts
- Patterned papers – Authentique Romance collection: Romance Three, Romance Five, Romance Seven
- Stamp – Avery Elle – Love Puffin
- Red gems – Mark Richards – Red Dots 3mm
- Cardstock –
- Bazzill Basics Pink
- Paper Accents Red Glitter
I love these Authentique Valentine papers and layering them is right up my alley. I created a multi-layered butterfly by cutting three butterflies from three different patterns and stacking them. I edged the wings with red ink and then stitched the butterflies in the center (for the body) with embroidery floss, making the head with a french knot. See the photo below for the stitched detail.
I mounted the triple butterfly onto the die-cut heart at an angle with dimensional adhesive and bent the wings up from the center to make the wings look as though the butterfly might take flight.
I then adhered the heart with the butterfly onto the background and in turn, onto the card base. I added the stamped sentiment in the lower-right, peeking out from behind the heart. I finished accenting the card with three red gems vertically down the upper-right side.
Thanks for visiting.
- Die – Spellbinders – Swirl Happy Birthday Frame
- Patterned papers – Authentique Pleasant Collection
- Sequins – Neat & Tangled Festive Fall Sequin Mix
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Ranger Distress Ink – Carved Pumpkin
This is a very simple, yet elegant card with no stamping. It features one of the beautiful vintage images from Authentique’s Pleasant collection, framed with a decorative Spellbinders die cut. I edged the pumpkin image and the patterned background piece with Carved Pumpkin Distress ink. I popped up the pumpkin image onto the frame and adhered the whole thing to a white card base. I simply added a few sequins among the flowers as a final touch and that was it! Anything more would seem overpowering to me, but I tend to design on the side of simplicity. Thanks for stopping by.
Challenge: Shopping Our Stash – Giving Thanks
Also, here’s a photo of a new friend I made!
- Paper – Authentique Mysterious collection: “Mysterious Six” (main image) and “Mysterious Five”
- Pebbles Trick or Treat collection: “Candy Corn”
- October Afternoon: Witch Hazel collection: “Whisker of Cat”
- Web – American Crafts Details: Halloween – Spider web doilies
- Bat brad – Hot off the Press
- Ribbon – May Arts
- Black crocheted lace
- Black cardstock
I had fun creating this festive Halloween card featuring patterned papers. I love vintage Halloween images, so I chose this witch and cat for the focal point of this card. I pulled all kinds of things from my stash, some of which I’ve had for a number of years, to add to this card. I must admit, it took me a long time to come up with the completed design. I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by.
- Patterned paper – Authentique Jubilee Collection: Jubilee Six and Jubilee Three
- Die – Lawn Fawn “Outside In Stitched Scalloped
- Cardstock – KaiserCraft
- Paper flowers
- Ranger Distress Mica Spray – Tarnished Brass
- Rose – Maya Road
For this card I layered the “Happy Easter” panel from the Authentique Jubilee “Jubilee Six” paper onto a pink scalloped panel that I cut with the Lawn Fawn die. I layered that onto another pretty Authentique paper from the Jubilee collection called “Jubilee Three.” I tied the ribbon around the layers and adhered the whole thing to a pink card base.
I colored the flowers to match the papers. For the larger flower, I sprayed it with mica spray and topped it with a smaller paper flower that I colored with a Copic marker (R81). I added a pink plastic button for the flower center and adhered the flower bundle to the base of the card above the ribbon. I added the small plastic rose to the top left of the card.
Thanks for visiting and Happy Easter!