Category Archives: Easter
There’s nothing like an Easter card with bunnies! I always enjoy using Lawn Fawn images when I create critter cards.
- Lawn Fawn stamps and dies – Easter Before ‘n Afters and Simply Celebrate Spring
- Lawn Fawn Lawn Cuts (frame die) – Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Frames
- Patterned paper – Doodlebug Springtime Collection: 4128 Chickies
- Copic markers
- Lawn Fawn Glitter Pen
I colored the stamped images with Copic markers and added some glitter with the Lawn Fawndamentals glitter pen, which gave the eggs a nice sparkle. The jelly bean pattern on the paper picked up the colors I used in the scene. I liked how the scalloped edge on the frame repeated the same pattern as the edge of the Easter basket. It was fun to put together this scene for some Easter cheer. Thanks for stopping by.
2 Comments | tags: cardmaking, copic coloring, copics, critters, fauna, lawn fawn | posted in Challenges, Coloring, Easter
- Patterned paper – Authentique Jubilee Collection: Jubilee Six and Jubilee Three
- Die – Lawn Fawn “Outside In Stitched Scalloped
- Cardstock – KaiserCraft
- Paper flowers
- Ranger Distress Mica Spray – Tarnished Brass
- Rose – Maya Road
For this card I layered the “Happy Easter” panel from the Authentique Jubilee “Jubilee Six” paper onto a pink scalloped panel that I cut with the Lawn Fawn die. I layered that onto another pretty Authentique paper from the Jubilee collection called “Jubilee Three.” I tied the ribbon around the layers and adhered the whole thing to a pink card base.
I colored the flowers to match the papers. For the larger flower, I sprayed it with mica spray and topped it with a smaller paper flower that I colored with a Copic marker (R81). I added a pink plastic button for the flower center and adhered the flower bundle to the base of the card above the ribbon. I added the small plastic rose to the top left of the card.
Thanks for visiting and Happy Easter!
Leave a comment | tags: authentique, cardmaking, die cuts, distress techniques, flora | posted in Easter
- Paper – Authentique “Jubilee Six,” “Jubilee Two”
- Dies –
- My Favorite Things “Stitched Traditional Tag”
- Lawn Fawn “Stitched Circle Frames”
- Stamps – Avery Elle “Loads of Wishes”
- Cardstock – KaiserCard – Eggshell and Sprout
- Embossing Powder – Ranger – “Tea Rose”
- Ink – Ranger Distress Ink – Ripe Persimmon
This is another Easter card I created using the Authentique papers from the “Jubilee” collections. I cut the bunny image from the “Jubilee Six” paper with the My Favorite Things tag die, which is the centerpiece of the card. The background (green print) panel and the carrot strip are both from Jubilee papers as well. All of the cut pieces were edged with Ripe Persimmon ink to tie the elements together. Thanks for visiting.
Challenge: City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 403 – Is Anybunny There?
4 Comments | tags: authentique, Avery Elle, cardmaking, clean and simple stamping, die cuts, fauna, lawn fawn, my favorite things, stamping | posted in Easter, Spring
- Patterned paper –
- Card base – Authentique Jubilee Two Collection: “Authentique Lace Two”
- Bunny image – Authentique Jubiliee Collection: “Jubilee Two”
- Die – Lawn Fawn “Scalloped Rectangle Stackables”
- Stamp – Avery Elle “Loads of Wishes”
- Washi tape
- Ranger Distress Ink – Walnut Stain
- Miniature trowel
I designed this card for a class I’m teaching at Runaway Art and Craft Studio (class description). This is one of four Easter cards in the class, all using Authentique Easter papers. The image with the bunny and chicks comes from the Authentique Jubilee paper collection. I cut the bunny image from that collection, added a strip of washi tape and inked the edges to keep a vintage look. I added a small trowel, tying twine around the handle with a bow for an additional Spring touch. I’ve been waiting to find the perfect excuse to use those little trowels–they’re so doggone cute! I stamped the sentiment and adhered the entire thing to the card base (made from another lovely Authentique paper) that I die cut for a scalloped edge. A very simple card to share some Easter joy. Thanks for stopping by.
Challenge: Inspiration Destination Challenge #145 – Anything Goes
Leave a comment | tags: authentique, Avery Elle, cardmaking, clean and simple stamping, die cuts, fauna | posted in Challenges, Easter, Uncategorized
- Stamps –
- Whipper Snapper Designs “Cute Bunny Butt”
- Printworks “Hoppity Easter”
- Die – Little B “Labels”
- Patterned paper – American Crafts “Lovely Bunny” (both sides)
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Brads – Making Memories – Sherbet Flower Brads
I colored this nice bunny image with Copic markers in bright colors. I layered the patterned papers onto a square card base and placed the sentiment at an angle. That accentuates the whimsical sentiment that I’ve had in my stash for years! I repeated the springy look by adding some flower brads to the edges, and yes I’ve had those from the days when we put brads on every card or paper project! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Easter!
2 Comments | tags: American Crafts, cardmaking, die cuts, fauna, stamping, whipper snapper designs | posted in Easter
- Stamps – TCP “Spring Fling” N-8635 CL
- Die – TCP “Lacy Petal Posies” CutUps – 075
- Corner Punch – Fiskars “Romantique”
- Cardstock – BoBunny and Bazzill
Bunny? I think so! I just couldn’t resist pulling this one out! I colored the stamped image with Copic markers. I layered the image on top of the lacy flower die-cut. The Cat’s Pajamas Tuesday Challenge #310 – Bunnies challenge is nearly complete, but here is an honorary bunny! Enjoy your day.
3 Comments | tags: cardmaking, Cat's Pajamas, die cuts, penguins, stamping | posted in Challenges, Easter, TCP, Uncategorized
- Stamps –
- We R Memory Keepers – “Bunny”
- Memory Box – “Spiral Flower”
- Lawn Fawn – “Milo’s ABCs” (spelling out “Bunny Hugs”)
- Dies – Simon Says Stamp “Frames”
- Patterned paper – Doodlebug Designs “Easter Parade”
- Glitter Button – American Crafts
- Copic markers
- Cardstock – Bazzill and Paper Accents
- Twine – Doodlebug Designs
Here is an Easter card, complete with a bunny and eggs! Challenge #15 at Simon Says Stamp Flickr Group is to make an Easter or Spring card this time around. I was inspired by Mojo Monday Sketch #390. I added some little touches of color with Copic markers to the stamped bunny and created the sentiment with my Lawn Fawn alphabet stamp set (Milo’s ABCs). Both of the dies I used are from a Simon Says Stamp set (Frames). I heat embossed the little Memory Box flower stamp and then attached a sparkly button on top for a handmade embellishment. The papers feature lots of Springtime colors. Thanks for visiting by today.
2 Comments | tags: die cuts, doodlebug designs, lawn fawn, memory box, Simon Says Stamp, stamping, we r memory keepers | posted in Easter, Mojo Monday, Simon Says Stamp, Spring
- Stamps – We R Memory Keepers “Peep” set
- Die cuts – made with Spellbinders Nestabilities “Nested Oval Medallion Labels”
- Paper Lace Ribbon – Creative Imaginations
- Corner punch – Fiskars
- Pastel Flower Bling – Creative Impressions
- Cardstock – Dots – BoBunny
- Cardstock – Solid – Bazzill
I’m mailing out a shipment of cards to Operation Write Home (OWH) today. The OWH Midweek Throwdown challenge this week is a call for Easter cards. So I stamped this little chick and surrounded it with pastel cardstock and a little bling. It has been so cold that it was fun to create something a little bit Spring-y. Thanks for visiting today!
Leave a comment | tags: cardmaking, stamping | posted in Challenges, Easter, OWH, Uncategorized
- Stamp – from the “Spring Fling” clear set by The Cat’s Pajamas
- Patterned papers – s.e.i – “Winsome” from the Claire collection (both sides)
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Border punch – EK Success “Diamond Lace” edger
- Die cut – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Eyelet Circles”
- Ribbon – May Arts
- Image colored with Sakura Gelly Roll pens to add a little sparkle.
Leave a comment | tags: cardmaking, Cat's Pajamas, fauna, stamping | posted in Easter, TCP
- Card Sketch – Operation Write Home Stars and Stripes Card Sketch #59
- Stamps – “Bunny Fluffles” by Stampendous and “Hoppity Easter” by PrintWorks
- Patterned papers – “Delightful collection” and “Purple Pansy” by Little Yellow Bicycle
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Colored image with Copic markers and Sakura Jelly Roll pens. Inked edges with ColorBox Rosebud ink.
This is my first Operation Write Home (OWH) Easter card. I really like this sketch–nice and simple. The deadline for completing Easter cards for shipment is March 18th, so I need to get busy. I just got my official rubber stamp for OWH (to use to stamp the back of each card). I’m set to go.
4 Comments | tags: cardmaking, clean and simple stamping, stamping | posted in Clean & Simple, Easter, Holiday Cards, OWH