- Stampington & Co. Christine Adolph “Ledger Butterfly”
- Spellbinders “Wishing Expressions” stamp and die set
- Die – Spellbinders “Wishing Expressions” stamp and die set
- Tim Holtz Ideaology Collage Paper – Floral
- My handmade collage paper
- Perfect Pearls Mists “Bronze”
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist “Creme de Chocolat”
This is one of my favorite kinds of cards to make: mixed media. I layered my handmade collage tissue paper and some Tim Holtz collage paper onto cardstock with matte gel medium. I stamped the butterfly on a piece of tissue and adhered it with gel medium as well. After the piece dried, I sprayed it with the metallic inks and also inked the edges with black ink. I then added the die cut word and stamped sentiment and put the card together. Thanks for visiting.
Happy Little Stampers August Mixed Media Challenge – Words
Everybody-Art-Challenge #429 – Say it in words
- Stamps – Lawn Fawn “Critter Concert”
- Dies – Lawn Fawn “Critter Concert,” “Shadow Box Card,” “Shadow Box Card Theater Add-On,” and “Little Music Notes”
- Patterned paper – Lawn Fawn “Really Rainbow” petite paper pad
I love the Lawn Fawn stamp and die sets featuring talented animals playing band instruments. They’re the best! Then when I saw the little theater stage pieces that I could add onto the shadow box, I knew I had to build one! The really cool thing is that it will fold flat and slip right into an envelope if I want to mail one to someone.
Here is a shot from above the box–it is hard to share a good view of this little 3-D box.
I colored the animals with Copic markers. I then created a small scene on the stage with the bear and bird, and also decorated the sides of the box with other animals in the band and some musical notes. It is so fun to work with these critters and the little theater. Thanks for stopping by.
Challenge: Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #33: Fun Folds
- Stamps – Lawn Fawn: “You are Sublime,” and “Push Here” sets
- Dies – Lawn Fawn: “You are Sublime,” “Lift the Flap Circles,” and “Porthole Frames”
- Copic markers
- Embossing powder – Ranger -Silver Pearl
- Cardstock – BoBunny and Paper Accents
This card was very fun to make. I die-cut the round flap, making a window in the top piece of grey cardstock. I colored my cast of characters with Copic markers and created the scene with the sea creatures in a layer underneath on light blue cardstock and adhered it behind the opening in the grey cardstock. I added the porthole frame around the circle flap and stamped “open” on the flap tab. The tab can then be tucked into the porthole frame. I colored the submarine image with metallic gel pens and adhered it to the outside of the flap. I then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment, adhering it to the bottom of the front panel. I then adhered the grey cardstock to the polka-dot, top fold card base. As always, Lawn Fawn has produced some great stamps and dies to create scenes with. I’m only getting started! Thanks for visiting.
Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #32 – Inspiration Board
Create and Makes Challenge #22 “Anything Goes”
Paper Craft Crew Challenge #297 “By the Sea”
- Stamps – Newton’s Nook “Raccoon Rascals”
- Embossing folder- Darice “Birch Tree”
- Die – Just Rite Custom Dies “Vintage Labels Two”
- Button – Prima Wood Buttons
- Patterned paper – Ella & Viv Paper Company “Oxidation”
- Core’dinations cardstock
- Bazzill cardstock
- Copic markers
I am behind in posting here. I made this card some time ago. I created the background by using an embossing folder and then sanding the paper to make the embossed tree trunk images stand out. I colored the stamped raccoons with Copic markers. I stamped the sentiment, that came from the same stamp set as the raccoons, and die-cut it. I’ve had the button in my stash for years, and I thought it fit this card very well. It was really fun putting this card together. Thanks for visiting.
Sunny Day Crafting – Challenge #26 – Any Animal on a Project
- Napkin – Hoffmaster “Sweet Sunflowers”
- Stamp – Indigo Blu “Bunnies Dinkie”
- Copper embossing powder
- Sequins – 28 Lilac Lane
- Cardstock – Neenah
I participated in a swap that had a “sunshine” theme recently with a group of online friends (some of whom I’ve actually met!). We trade these baseball card-sized Artist’s Trading Cards (ATCs) with each other from time to time. This time around the theme was “Here Comes the Sun.”
I made my cards using a pretty cocktail napkin as a base, adhering it to cardstock with gel medium which makes a nice texture.
I heat embossed the stamped sentiment onto vellum, cut it out and added it to the cards strategically so I didn’t cover the flowers completely. I’ve had this stamp for quite a while and have always liked the sentiment on it. Finally I arranged sequins from my stash around for a little visual interest. You can get a closer look at one here.
Thanks for stopping by.
Shopping Our Stash #358 – Summer Color Palette
Crafty Gal’s Corner – Challenge #167 ~ Summer Colours
- Stamps – Newton’s Nook, “Newton’s Birthday Balloons”
- Dies – Newton’s Nook, “Newton’s Birthday Balloons”
- Patterned papers – Doodlebug Designs, Inc. “Kite Strings” and “Evening Garden”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Copic markers
I colored this kitty (stamp and dies from Newton’s Nook) so that it looked like our cat Maxx. He has mostly white fur on his paws, but there are a couple of black spots mixed in on the bottom of his back feet. He also has what looks like a skunk stripe running down his belly, but I digress! This was a very clean and simple card, using some of my stash of patterned paper. Love this cat stamp and matching dies. The cloud dies also came with the set. Thanks for stopping by.
SUYP Cats Only Challenge #29