Category Archives: Paper Players
- Stamps –
- Penny Black – Smile All Day
- Technique Tuesday / Ali Edwards – Missing You
- Dies – Spellbinders Nestabilities – Small scalloped rectangles
- Patterned papers – Basic Grey 6″ paper pad – Lime Rickey
- Sprinkles – Doodlebug Designs
- Copic markers
This card is another for the military drive my friend is doing. I colored the happy little fox with Copic markers and cut it out with the scalloped die. I then pulled out an old favorite patterned paper collection from long ago and created a design with it. Thanks for stopping by.
Challenge: The Paper Players Challenge #423 – Crazy About Critters
3 Comments | tags: basic grey, cardmaking, copics, die cuts, fauna, penny black, spellbinders, stamping, technique tuesday | posted in Miss You, Paper Players, penny black
- Die cuts:
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations – Skeleton Leaves
- Avery Elle – Pierced Mat Die
- Stamp – Stampendous “Seasonal Swirls”
- Inks – Ranger Tim Holtz Distress: Aged Mahogany, Carved Pumpkin, Forest Moss, Wild Honey and Walnut Stain
- Embossing powder – Lindy’s Stamp Gang – Pumpkin Fiesta
- Cardstock – Bazzill
It was fun to use this new leaf die set and then combine the leaves with items I’ve had in my stash for quite a while. I started off by applying five colors of Distress ink to mixed media cardstock with a foam applicator tool, blending the colors as I went. Once I was happy with the colors, I die cut the leaves from this fall-colored paper. I then die cut the dot-embossed kraft cardstock with the Avery Elle die and adhered it to the card base. I arranged the leaves on top, adhering them when I was happy with the composition. From there, I added the sentiment with dimensional adhesive and called it done! Thanks for visiting.
The Paper Players Challenge #413 – Leaves and Trees
Daisy Chain Challenges #24 – Autumn/Fall
4 Comments | tags: Avery Elle, cardmaking, die cuts, distress techniques, embossing, leaves, sizzix, tim holtz | posted in Autumn, Challenges, Paper Players
- Stamps –
- Art Gone Wild “Fancy Florals”
- Kodomo “Happy Birthday”
- Ink – Ranger Distress – Picked Raspberry
- Sequins – Doodlebug Designs, Inc.
- Glitter – Ranger Stickles – Diamond
- Cardstock – Neenah Solar White and BoBunny Back-To-Back Dots
I created this card as a one-layer card with the exception of the sentiment. I stamped the flower stamp, masking it so I could overlap flowers. I added the more solid “background” on the left-hand side by applying ink to my Gelli Plate. I cut around some of the flowers on the right side for some visual initerest. For the flower centers, I added glitter with Stickles, and then scattered a few sequins around the flowers for a little more shine. Finally I added the birthday sentiment. Thanks for stopping by.
Crafty Creations Challenge #367 – Anything Goes
Paper Players Challenge #394 – Clean and Simple “Bloom”
3 Comments | tags: cardmaking, distress techniques, flora, Ranger, stamping | posted in Birthday, Clean & Simple, Craft Stamper, Paper Players
- Stamps –
- Avery Elle: “Hang In There” and “Petals and Stems”
- Stampers Anonymous “Vintage Text”
- Dies – Avery Elle: “Hang In There” and “Trees”
- Patterned paper – Bella Blvd “Time to Rake”
- Metallic copper paper
- Embossing powder – Personal Stamp Exchange – Copper
- Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist – Perfect Copper
- Ranger Distress Inks – Forest Moss, Crushed Olive, Walnut Stain, and Rusty Hinge
- Recycled Java Jacket (from Starbuck’s Coffee)
- Cardstock – Bazzill Bling
It was fun to create this card with some new supplies I got recently (and some really old supplies!). I customized the tree with a versatile die set. I can make the trunk as skinny or as fat as I want! I die-cut the bear and stamped his face with the matching stamp set. I inked him up, which in reality just made him look grubby! I created my own patterned paper with Distress Inks overstamped with the Vintage Vintage Text stamp and then sprayed with copper Perfect Pearls Mist. From that, I die-cut the leaves for the tree branch. I embossed the leaves on the tree trunk and the sentiment to tie together all of the copper elements. The backdrop within the tree trunk is a recycled Java Jacket from a cup of coffee–a nice, small little piece of lightweight corrugated cardboard. I will post this on Paper Players for the Theme Challenge #326: Going Green. The copper paper and embossing powder have been in my stash for years and years! I’ve had the Petals and Stems stamp set for quite a while also. It is fun to use new and old supplies and see how well everything will fit together. Thanks for visiting.
2 Comments | tags: Avery Elle, cardmaking, die cuts, distress techniques, embossing, fauna, Stamper's Anonymous, stamping | posted in Challenges, General Cards, Paper Players
- Stamps –
- Impression Obsession MC181 “Cupcake”
- Avery Elle “Oh Happy Day”
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Standard Circles Large”
- Patterned paper – BoBunny Secret Garden Collection: Roses (both sides)
- Markers – KaiserCraft metallic gel pens
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I’m doing a little catching up on cardmaking while I have a few days off. I’ve had this stamp set for a long time and it is always fun to pull something out of my stash. I decided to pick up on the roses on some of the cupcakes and repeat roses with the patterned paper. I colored the cupcakes with KaiserCraft gel pens that really work well with their 0.6mm tips for fine lines.
I created this card using a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #250. Unfortunately, I forgot to link it over there until the deadline had passed! Oh well! I will be linking to The Paper Players current challenge, which is #309: Something Sweet. A group of stamping friends and I have been virtually getting together for two years, so we decided to make cupcake cards for the occasion and this is mine. Thanks for stopping by.
1 Comment | tags: bobunny, cardmaking, die cuts, flora, Impression Obsession, spellbinders, stamping | posted in Birthday, Challenges, Freshly Made, Paper Players
- Stamps – My Favorite Things “Penguins in Paradise” set
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Labels Twenty Eight”
- Patterned papers – SEI “Bright Blossom” collection
- Cardstock – Paper Accents
- Copic markers
I colored this cool penguin with Copic markers and cut out the image with the Spellbinders die. I edged the image and the sentiment with a Copic marker matching the flower in the penguin’s drink. The patterned paper picks up the tropical, celebratory mood that the penguin is in. He has the right idea and is ready to kick off Summer this week. Thanks for visiting today!
Addicted to CAS Challenge #90 – Code word: Aloha
Love Handmade Cards Flickr Group June challenge – Diving into Summer
The Paper Players Challenge #300 – Celebration!
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog Challenge – Animal Magic
7 Comments | tags: cardmaking, clean and simple stamping, copics, die cuts, fauna, my favorite things, penguins, spellbinders, stamping | posted in Addicted to CAS, Challenges, Coloring, General Cards, Paper Players, Simon Says Stamp, Summer, The Paper Players
- Stamps – Art Impressions Any Cake and Kodomo Happy Birthday
- Dies – Art Impressions Window Die
- Patterned paper – Echo Park Scoot: Little Helicopters
- Cardstock – Bazzill Bling Crystal Blue and Simon Says Stamp Fog
I must say before I go into any explanation of this card–this card required me to think much too hard! There was a front and back to the raccoons and window, things needed to line up, etc. The design on the card front fits The Paper Players Sketch Challenge #296. The overall card is 4-3/4″ square. I colored the raccoons with Copic markers and cut them out. I die cut the windows, added the raccoons and layered the patterned paper and cardstock so that everything lined up and then stamped the sentiments. I made this card for my mom’s 86th birthday. She has a raccoon (sometimes more) who comes visit her sometimes, so when I saw this stamp, I knew I needed to use it for her birthday card! Happy Birthday, Mom! Thanks for stopping by.
3 Comments | tags: Art Impressions, cardmaking, copics, die cuts, fauna, stamping | posted in Birthday, Challenges, Paper Players
- Stamps –
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz “Bird Crazy”
- Simon Says Stamp – “Happy and Smile” set
- Dies –
- Sizzix – Tim Holtz Framelits “Bird Crazy”
- Lawn Fawn Lawn Cuts “Stitched Circle Frames”
- Corner punch – Fiskars “Spiral”
- Patterned paper – Lawn Fawn “Beachside: Deep Sea”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I think this is a pretty wild bird, so it fits perfectly for The Paper Players Wild Thing Challenge. The background was made with Gelatos and water. Some of the Gelatos were metallic, so there is a subtle sheen. I colored the bird with Zig Clean Color markers and a water-brush. I popped him up inside the circle frame and that dimension almost makes him look like he’s swinging on it. Thanks for visiting today.
4 Comments | tags: cardmaking, die cuts, lawn fawn, mixed media, Simon Says Stamp, Stamper's Anonymous, stamping, tim holtz, watercolor | posted in Birthday, Challenges, Paper Players
- Stamps –
- Visible Image – from Flower INKcognito set (free stamp on April Craft Stamper)
- Hero Arts – sentiment from CL738 Messages with Flourish set
- Cardstock – Neenah Solar White
- Inks – Ranger Distress inks: Spun Sugar, Shaded Lilac and Salty Ocean
This card is a quintessential clean and simple one! The flower image, from Visible Image, was the freebie on the cover of the April Craft Stamper magazine. I applied the Distress Ink to the clear stamp that I had mounted on my new Misti with a sponge applicator tool. The Misti allowed me to keep the stamp positioned and apply as much ink additional ink as I wanted. This was a great help in planning for this card. The Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge for March is Anything Goes, so this seems quite appropriate for that! I’m also submitting this to the Paper Players Challenge #287 – Celebrate Spring. It has been nice to have a little extra time to create during the last few days! Thanks for stopping by.
5 Comments | tags: cardmaking, clean and simple stamping, distress techniques, flora, stamping | posted in Challenges, Clean & Simple, Craft Stamper, General Cards, Paper Players
- Die – Memory Box “Flicker Hearts”
- Stamp – My Sentiments Exactly H178 “Valentine’s Day”
- Crystal Stickers “Ruby Round 3mm”
- Cardstock – Neenah Solar White and Bazzill (red)
This is the first Valentine I’ve made so far this year. It features the lovely die from Memory Box that really deserves to be the focal point in this clean and simple card. I really like the detail that you get with this die. I backed the cut area with red cardstock and added the red bling in honor of Addicted to CAS Challenge #80 “Code Word Red”, and which follows the basic layout of Paper Players Sketch #279. Thanks for visiting.
5 Comments | tags: cardmaking, clean and simple stamping, die cuts, memory box, stamping | posted in Addicted to CAS, Clean & Simple, Paper Players, Valentine