- Stamp – Lawn Fawn Offset Sayings: Christmas
- Dies – Lawn Fawn Snow Globe Gift Tag and Mini Snowflakes
- Patterned papers – Lawn Fawn
- Peace Joy Love collection: Rudolph
- Snow Day collection: Chunky Scarf
- Glitter paper – Lawn Fawn Pixie Dust and Gold Rush
- Red cardstock – Bazzill
- White embossing powder
I really like this snow globe die set from Lawn Fawn! You can make adorable gift tags with it, but I had fun using the globe as a focal point on this simple card front. For the layout of this card, I used a sketch featured in CAS(E) this Sketch #350 challenge. I combined two small prints on the patterned papers for a little spice and tied a ribbon through the tag to keep it authentic. Thanks for stopping by.
1 Comment | tags: cardmaking, clean and simple stamping, die cuts, embossing, lawn fawn, stamping | posted in CAS(E) This Sketch, Challenges, Christmas, Tags
- Stamps – Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection: Winter Watercolor and Festive Overlay
- Patterned paper – Pebbles – Cozy & Bright Collection – Winter Green
- Ranger Distress Ink – Evergreen Bough
- Silver Mirror Cardstock – Paper Accents
- Cardstock – Neenah
For this card, I started out with a Distress Ink background and then stamped the bird and sentiment on top. The detail of the chickadee stamp is really lovely and I didn’t want to detract from it with a lot of fussy stuff. I did add some glitz by layering the image with some patterned paper and then a layer of silver mirror cardstock. I added the silver ribbon for some visual interest and to repeat the silver again to tie it altogether while still keeping it clean and simple. I was inspired by the current sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch. Thanks for visiting.
Challenge – CAS(E) this Sketch #301
2 Comments | tags: cardmaking, distress techniques, fauna, pebbles, Ranger, Stamper's Anonymous, stamping, tim holtz | posted in CAS(E) This Sketch, Christmas, Clean & Simple, Distress Techniques
- Patterned papers – Pink & Main “My Heart” 6 X 6″ pad
- Stamp – Hero Arts – CM100 “Christmas Messages”
- Dies – My Favorite Things Die-namics Blueprints 13
- Cardstock – Paper Accents
I really enjoyed making this card because I got to combine all of the colorful strips of paper together. All of that pattern plays nicely together when it is separated by the black barriers! This is a great sketch. I added a few stars die-cut from gold metallic cardstock to make the sentiment a bit more festive.
Thanks for visiting and Happy New Year!
CAS(E) this Sketch #252
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Let’s Party!
6 Comments | tags: cardmaking, clean and simple stamping, die cuts, Hero Arts, my favorite things, paper piecing, stamping | posted in CAS(E) This Sketch, New Year