- 6 X 8″ Canvas panel
- Dies –
- Simon Says Stamp – “Abby Snowflake”
- Simon Says stamp – “Melody Snowflake”
- Memory Box – “New Castle Snowflake”
- Sizzix – Tim Holtz Alterations -“Mixed Media”
- Stencil – Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous – “Snowflakes”
- Stamps – Judikins “Happy New Year” and Stampendous “Snowflake”
- Faber Castell Whipped Spackle
- Viva Decor Modellier-Creme – Mother of Pearl
- Embossing Powder – Stampendous – “Blue Magic”
- Cyrstal Stickers – Mark Richards Ltd. – Light Blue 5mm
- Glitter – Stampendous – Crystal Snow, Gold Ultrafine, and Frantage silver crushed glass glitter
- Ranger Dina Wakley Media Gel Medium – Lots!
- Ranger Dina Wakley acrylic paints – Turquoise, Sky, Lapis, and White
I used a whole bunch of stuff in order to create the layers for this little canvas! And I used glitter and other shiny stuff that I don’t often use. The Mixed Media Mojo Challenge for January 2016 is to create something with a Winter theme and you can add a glitter twist.
I layered a lot of different products after the gesso to create a snowflakey, snowy feeling. The pearlescent modeling creme also gave off a nice sheen, as did the glitter and the embossing powder for the sentiment. The whipped spackle also give the impression of snow. I have a lot of snowflake stamps, dies and even a stencil, so it is nice to use them for something other than Christmas cards!
I like the size of this small canvas. It isn’t overwhelming and I am thinking that if I create these for each of the seasons that might be a fun little home decor item.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Die – Memory Box “Flicker Hearts”
- Stamp – My Sentiments Exactly H178 “Valentine’s Day”
- Crystal Stickers “Ruby Round 3mm”
- Cardstock – Neenah Solar White and Bazzill (red)
This is the first Valentine I’ve made so far this year. It features the lovely die from Memory Box that really deserves to be the focal point in this clean and simple card. I really like the detail that you get with this die. I backed the cut area with red cardstock and added the red bling in honor of Addicted to CAS Challenge #80 “Code Word Red”, and which follows the basic layout of Paper Players Sketch #279. Thanks for visiting.
- Stamps – The Cat’s Pajamas
- Die – The Cat’s Pajamas “Holiday Toppers”
- Stencil – Hero Arts with Basic Grey “Scales”
- Cardstock – Neenah and Paper Accents
- Distress Ink – Chipped Sapphire
- Bling – Mark Richards
I colored the bunny image with Zig Clean Color markers and did some watercoloring with the ink using a water brush. I created the background using the stencil over Distress Ink and spritzed with water to create a subtle pattern. I added some sparkly gems in the center of the snowflakes. Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps – Altnew “Fresh Freesia”
- Corner punch – Fiskars “Spiral”
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers
- Cardstock – Worldwin
- Watercolor paper – Canson Aquarelle 140 lb. cold press
This clean and simple, one-layer card features the lovely Altenew Freesia stamps. I’ll be giving this card to a friend who recently lost her mother. The coloring is done with Zig Clean Color markers and a water brush. It is so fun to watercolor with these–the results are actually quite remarkable (bad pun–sorry!). Thanks for visiting.
- Stamps – The Cat’s Pajamas “Make Merry” set
- Dies –
- The Cat’s Pajamas “Dots”
- Spellbinders Nestabilities “Mega Ovals LG”
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities “Ribbon Banners”
- Patterned paper – Echo Park “A Perfect Summer: Chevrons”
- Gel pens – Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust series
- Cardstock – Paper Accents and Bazzill
I’m still making a few New Year’s cards. I have not had a very good week for creative accomplishment, so it is sort of relaxing now to make some new cards. The “real” job is really getting in the way! But it does pay for the craft supplies! I used a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches as inspiration for this card: Freshly Made Sketches #217. I used stamps from The Cat’s Pajamas for both the kitty image and the sentiment. Wishing you a very Happy 2016!
- Stamps – Hero Arts CL887 “Color Layering Christmas Tree”
- Dies –
- Hero Arts DI095 “Stylish Stars Fancy Dies”
- Spellbinders JutRite Custom Dies “Nested Oval Medallion Labels
- Border Punch – EK Success “Zig Zag Chain”
- Patterned paper – Reminisce “Christmas Joy”
- Metallic gold papers – Printworks Elegan Paper Sampler
- Folded card – Hero Arts PS570 “Foliage Mixed Folded Cards”
- Bling – Mark Richards Metal Nailheads – Cranberry 3mm
- Inks –
- Hero Arts “Lime to Forever Green Ombre” ink pad,
- Memories “Unicorn” white pigment ink die ink pad
- Tsukineko “Delicata Golden Glitz” pigment ink pad
I made this card over a period of time, continuing to play with the “ingredients” until I felt I got it right! I layered the tree with three different ink colors. I was inspired by the current Seasons Greetings sketch at the Fusion Card Challenge site for the card design. My secret Santa just received it so I now feel like I can post it! Have a very Merry Christmas!
- Patterned paper – Carta Bella “Simple Gifts” (both sides)
- Stamps – I’m pretty sure are Hero Arts sentiment stamps (I borrowed them!)
- Bling – Clear and red rhinestones
- Cardstock – WorldWin
This is a very simple card, made from patterned paper and the paper is the star. I focused on the owl image on the paper and stamped the sentiments around the owl, then added a border from the reverse side of the paper. I finished it up with some bling and that is it! I created this during some time spent doing demonstrations in our local paper arts store, Runaway Art and Craft Studio. Thanks for visiting.