- Stamp – Penny Black “bold b’day”
- Patterned paper – from Basic Grey “Porcelain” 6 X 6″ paper pad
- Mini pearls – Doodlebug Designs
- Ribbon – May Arts
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I made this card using Sketch #300 on Clean & Simple Stamping. That’s a lot of sketches–congrats to Clean & Simple on reaching this milestone! The sketch calls for a very large sentiment, so I chose a bold Happy Birthday to fit the bill. Thanks for visiting today.
Hanko Designs (Kodomo) “Dancing Mouse”
Hero Arts – “Messages with Flourish”
Mama Elephant – “Modern Borders”
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Fleur de Lis Rectangles”
- Cardstock – BoBunny and Bazzill
I created this card for the OWH Virtual Cardmaking Party that started on July 4th. I’m a little slow getting it posted, but I think many of us hosting are happy with folks continuing to create cards for this event. This challenge from Beth at Bunny Scrap was to create a card with a colorful background created with ink, paint, or an assortment of patterned papers. I decided to make my background with ink. I used a border stamp from Mama Elephant and repeated it with two different ink colors to make a pattern. This little mouse is one that I’ve had for quite a while and I don’t think he is available any longer. Thanks for visiting today.
- Stamps – Simon Says Stamp “Sending Happy Thoughts” set
- Stencil – Stampers Anonymout / Tim Holtz “Hearts”
- Washi tape – Kelly Purkey
- Bling – Memory Box (red) and Mark Richards (silver)
- Cardstock – Neenah Classic Crest – Solar White
I made this card for Becca’s Teen Time challenge at the OWH Virtual Cardmaking Party this weekend. Her challenge was to create a card that would appeal to a teen. One of the things she suggested was a “messy” card, so I ran with that! First I applied Distress Ink with a sponge applicator through a stencil. Then I splattered some of the ink with a water brush and stamped the sentiment with VersaMark and black embossing powder. I stamped a heart from the stamp set over one of the stenciled hearts. Finally, I embellished the card with washi tape and gems. Thanks for stopping by.
- Embossing folders – Sizzix “Rosemary,” “Bohemian Lace” and “Flourishes #3″
- Die cuts – Poppy Stamps “Lovely Tendril” and Technique Tuesday “Say It – Hello”
- Cardstock – BoBunny and Bazzill
I made this for the Virtual Cardmaking Party at OWH for Fourth of July weekend 2014. This challenge was to create a card using at least three textures. I used the textured panels for the background and used die cuts for the sentiment and imagery. Thanks for visiting.
Your challenge and my challenge
Welcome to another challenge for the Operation Write Home Virtual Cardmaking Party! I am very pleased and honored to have been selected to participate this weekend. There are a lot of fun challenges to motivate us all to create cards for our Heros to send home. For my challenge, I’m asking you to make a love-themed card featuring a furry creature. There are so many cute animal stamps–many are in my stash! So I thought it would be fun to devote a challenge to using some of these critters! Feel up to the challenge? Please use the InLinkz Linkup below to add your critter love card. For every card linked up for this furry creature challenge between now and the end of next weekend, I will donate $1.00 (per person) to Operation Write Home. So if there are 50 folks who post, that means I’ll donate $50 to OWH. You have until midnight Pacific Time on July 13th to add your cards.
I received 33 entries in my challenge as of midnight Sunday, July 13th. That means that I will donate $33.00 to Operation Write Home when I send my next group of cards in during the next couple of weeks! What is even better, is that my friends Barb and Cora Jean have said they will match this donation so that makes $99.00 altogether (actually, I’ll make it $34 so it adds up to an even $100.00)! I’m very proud of this contribution to OWH. Thanks to all of you who created cards and linked them up for the VCMP so that we could make this happen.
Now for my cards
Stampendous ” Cattus Librum”
Lawn Fawn “Belinda’s Borders”
Hero Arts “Year Round Sentiments”
- Patterned Papers – Basic Grey “Hey You” collection
- Colorbox Chalk ink – Aquamarine
My first card is based on OWH Sketch #191. It featured the cutest cat stamp ever, in my opinion! I stamped the accents and inked the edges with aquamarine chalk ink to tie the various elements together. Finally, I drew an outline around each element with a fine tipped dark green pen. Between the inking and the outline, it has a very informal look.
- Stamps – Art Impressions “Furries Try Folds” and BoBunny “Love Letters”
- Patterned papers – Crate Paper “Flea Market” 6 X 6″ paper pad
- Cardstock – Paper Accents
- Punch – Martha Stewart “Embossed Button”
- Twine – American Crafts
This is a simple card that featured two stamped images. Between the two cards I’ve posted today, I’ve used cards from five different companies! It is fun to mix them up! I colored these cute little bunnies with Copic markers and made banners from some pretty patterned papers. The paper button is nice a flat so it won’t be too thick for mailing, which is important for OWH cards. I made this design up as I went, so I don’t think it matches up to a specific sketch (at least not on purpose).
Thanks for joining in the party and stopping by today. Please link your card using the InLinkz Link-up below. I’d love to see lots of cards so I can make a big donation when I send my next batch of cards in! Please leave a comment if you feel so disposed. If you’d like to return to the OWH VCMP Master List, please click the OWH graphic at the top of this post.
- Stamps – both from Darcie’s “Here Comes the Sun” set
- Patterned papers – Simple Stories “Say Cheese” collection 6″ X 6″ paper pad
- Dies – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Standard Circles Large”
- Sequens – Doodlebug Design Inc.
- Punches – Marvy Uchida and Fiskars
I created this card for Challenge #41 at Addicted to Clean and Simple and the Clean and Simple Stamping Challenge #297. The Code Word for the Addicted to CAS challenge is SUN. When I saw that I immediately thought of this stamp set. The sketch for the Clean and Simple Stamping Challenge #297 was a little challenging and it took me what seemed like hours to decide where to place the sequins! Thanks for stopping by today.
- Stamps – Penny Black “Poppy Poem” and Stampin’ Up “Sincere Salutations: Thanks so much”
- Stencil – Memory Box “Diamond”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Distress Inks – Picked Raspberry, Dried Marigold, Shabby Shutters, Tea Dye
- Dylusions Ink Spray – White Linen
I created the background for this card first, pouncing Distress Inks through the stencil and blending the colors. Once the background was dry, I stamped the poppy image onto it. I added more Distress Ink with a water brush to fill in the poppy, leaves and stems with color. I sprayed the white ink spray lightly to the image and blended Distress Inks along the edges of the imge. Finally, I stamped the sentiment and adhered the image to the green cardstock, then adhered those pieces to a white card base. Thanks for visiting.