- Stamps – from The Cat’s Pajamas “Happy Camper” set
- Patterned paper – Doodlebug Designs “Haunted Manor”
- Dies – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Labels One” and “Standard Circles Large”
- Cardstock – BoBunny and Bazzill
The latest challenge at The Cat’s Pajamas (TCP 276) is to create a card using Light Grey, Rust and Dark Blue. For whatever reason, this card too me forever to complete! I cut different shapes, pushed them around and stared at them. This is how it ended up, for better or for worse! I colored the squirrel and acorns with Copic markers and cut them out. I’m thinking that the squirrel is juggling the acorns, by the way. Enjoy and thanks for visiting.
- Patterned papers –
- Graphic 45 “An Eerie Tale” 8 X 8″ pad
- My Mind’s Eye “Collectable: Beautiful”
- Stamp – from Hero Arts “Messages with Flourish” set
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Labels Twenty”
- Stickers – Hot Off The Press Dazzles “Autum Splendor”
- Pearls and Gems – Hero Arts “Earth Mixed Accents”
- Cardstock – Bazzill and Paper Accents
I’ve got Jack and the Beanstalk featured for this card. This Graphic 45 paper collection is so pretty and it includes a number of Eerie Tales with sort of a Halloween theme. The copper colored stickers work nicely with the oranges in the papers. I’ve had those stickers in my stash for quite some time as well as the little blingy bits! I think this fits the “It’s the Most Colorful Time of the Year” challenge at Shopping Our Stash, since I used a number of Fall colors, plus green. Thanks for visiting today.
- Stamp – Inkadinkado
- Fabric scraps from my stash of fat quarters
- Claudine Hellmuth (Ranger) Studio Matte Multi-Medium
- Ribbon – Michael’s
- Molotow One4All Acrylic premium paint pen – Metallic Gold
- Cardstock – Bazzill
In honor of World Card Making Day, Mixed Media Mojo has a card making challenge to make a card with a Fall/Halloween theme using some fabric. I made a pretty funky card, but it was fun to do and stretched me to use some fabric. I covered some cardstock with orange batik fabric and then covered it with gel medium–that way when I stamped the Halloween sentiment on it, the ink wouldn’t bleed into the fabric. I also like the texture it gave the fabric. I then attached the pumpkin fabric to heavy black cardstock and covered the outside edges with some ribbon. Before I attached the sentiment panel, I drew some lines and dots with my trusty Molotow metallic gold acrylic paint pen. I drew along the top and bottom of the pumpkin fabric as well and then outlined it with a Micron pen. These Molotow pens really apply the paint in a steady stream–I love the white one as well. I popped up the sentiment panel with dimensional adhesive to finish the card. Thanks for visiting.
- Stamp – Chocolate Baroque “Rose Square”
- Die – Penny Black “Love and Joy”
- Embossing folder – Elizabeth Craft “Damask”
- Patterned cardstock – BoBunny “Boysenberry Dot”
- Cardstock – WorldWin – Light Groovy Grape
- Copic markers – V12, V15, V17, Y15, G40, G43, C0 and C3
Happy World Cardmaking Day! We are having an Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps Blog Hop in honor of this day. Lots of cardmakers are participating, so make sure you check out all of the talent. If you’d like to know more about the current needs of OWH, check out Operation Tape Gun.
Welcome to my stop. My card is very simple and features a little bit of dimension and some texture. The stamp came as a bonus on the cover of Craft Stamper magazine! Each issue comes with an acrylic stamp. I colored the “Rose Square” stamped image with Copic markers. The small purple piece is popped up with dimensional adhesive and the sentiment die cut floats above the background. I am helping others make this same card at Runaway Art and Craft Studio this weekend during a Make & Take on Saturday.
To return to the Hop, go to the top of Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps home page and you’ll find it at the top of the page through this weekend.
Thanks for visiting!
- Stencils – Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz – Dot Fade and Stencil Girl – Leaf Poetry Stencil
- Stamp – Hero Arts “Newspaper Background”
- Modeling Paste – Viva Modellier Creme – Mother of Pearl and Viva Ferro – Gold iron
- Adirondak Dimension Pearls – Terra Cotta
- Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap – Melange
- Decorative Polyester Leaves
- Claudine Helluth Studio matte (gel) multi-medium
I created this 8 X 8″ canvas with a base of gesso and then added Ranger Distress Inks to give the background a little color. I then stamped the background with a newspaper stamp and applied some tissue wrap with matte gel medium. I added some dimension with modeling paste through stencils and painting a little paste directly onto the canvas. Finally, I attached the polyester leaves that I had in my stash with more gel medium. I drew some lines to accentuate the outline of the leaves with a fine line marker. This canvas has a lot of texture and Autumn color. I created it for the Mixed Media Mojo September Challenge, which is to create a mixed media project with a Fall theme and modeling or embossing paste. Thanks for visiting.