- Stamps – Darcie’s set JCS165
- Dies –
- My Favorite Things Die-namics #466 – “Sun, Moon & Stars”
- Little B “Circles”
- Spellbinders Edgeabilities “Classic Ric Rac”
- Patterned papers
- Echo Park “A Perfect Summer: Chevrons”
- KaiserCraft Ubud Dreams (from 6-1/2″ paper pad)
- Sequins – Doodlebug Designs
- Cardstock – Paper Accents
In honor of the solar eclipse we experienced here in the path of totality, I made a card featuring the sun! I used a stamp set I’ve had for a number of years by Darcie’s. It was fun to repeat the sun’s rays with the die-cut from My Favorite Things and repeat the chevron from the paper with the die-cut made with the Spellbinder’s Ric Rac die. The sequins are an iridescent yellow, but they look pretty orange in the photo. Thanks for stopping by.
Challenge: Happy Little Stampers – August Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
- Stamps –
- Stampers Anonymous U4-960 (bugs)
- Hero Arts “Thanking of You”
- Dimensional stickers – EK Success
- Zig Clean Color markers
- Neenah Solar White cardstock
I created another card a buggy image for the insect challenge our card group is hosting. It also seemed to be a good fit for Challenge #91: Fly at Addicted to CAS. I created the background to have a scribbly, watercolored effect by using my Zig markers and a waterbrush. I stamped only the partial image from a long Stampers Anonymous woodmount stamp I’ve had in my collection for years. A very simple card. Thanks for visiting.
- Stamps – My Favorite Things “Penguins in Paradise” set
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Labels Twenty Eight”
- Patterned papers – SEI “Bright Blossom” collection
- Cardstock – Paper Accents
- Copic markers
I colored this cool penguin with Copic markers and cut out the image with the Spellbinders die. I edged the image and the sentiment with a Copic marker matching the flower in the penguin’s drink. The patterned paper picks up the tropical, celebratory mood that the penguin is in. He has the right idea and is ready to kick off Summer this week. Thanks for visiting today!
Addicted to CAS Challenge #90 – Code word: Aloha
Love Handmade Cards Flickr Group June challenge – Diving into Summer
The Paper Players Challenge #300 – Celebration!
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog Challenge – Animal Magic
- Stamp – Technique Tuesday – Greenhouse Society Series: Columbine
- Dies – Spellbinders Nestabilities – Labels Twenty
- Border Punch – EK Success – Swiss Cheese
- Cardstock – BoBunny Double Dot – Paprika and Orange Citrus
I colored this image with Sakura Glaze pens and added accent dots with a white gel pen. I created this card for a polka dot challenge, so I went a little crazy with the dotted cardstock and the border punch with lots of dots. We have columbines blooming around here in the summer, so I really like this image. Thanks for visiting.
- Stamps – both from Darcie’s “Here Comes the Sun” set
- Patterned papers – Simple Stories “Say Cheese” collection 6″ X 6″ paper pad
- Dies – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Standard Circles Large”
- Sequens – Doodlebug Design Inc.
- Punches – Marvy Uchida and Fiskars
I created this card for Challenge #41 at Addicted to Clean and Simple and the Clean and Simple Stamping Challenge #297. The Code Word for the Addicted to CAS challenge is SUN. When I saw that I immediately thought of this stamp set. The sketch for the Clean and Simple Stamping Challenge #297 was a little challenging and it took me what seemed like hours to decide where to place the sequins! Thanks for stopping by today.
- Digital image – Tiffany Doodles
- Stamp – Hero Arts
- Patterned paper – BoBunny “Sun Kissed Stripe”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I made this card with the first image in this round of the Crafter’s Digital Art Center’s Progressive Challenge. The digital “stamp” was created by Tiffany Doodles, and I colored it with Copic markers and added some sandpaper for the sand. Just a fun card that will be shipped off to OWH so that a soldier can send a bright “hello” to someone. Thanks for visiting.
- Stamps – Darcie’s “Here Comes the Sun” cling set (both sentiment and sun)
- Patterned papers – Basic Grey “Stella Ruby” and “Porcelain” 6 X 6″ paper pads
- Background – created with Ranger Adirondak Alcohol Inks & Mixables – Polished Agate Technique
- Cardstock – WorldWin
It is time for some Summer cards to send off to Operation Write Home (with the Father’s Day cards!). I started playing with my alcohol inks last week for a background and thought I’d do some more with different colors. Sometimes it is fun just to make backgrounds! I used the current sketch at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps – Sketch #114 for this card. I like the little diamond shape in the middle. Thanks for visiting today.