- Stamps –
- Penny Black Starlight
- Lawn Fawn Ho Ho Holidays (sentiment)
- Die – Penny Black Chrystal Frames
- White embossing powder
- Zig Clean Color markers
- Gold Sparkle Pop pen
I had a lot of fun coloring this adorable Penny Black image, watercoloring it with Zig Clean Color markers and a water brush. I highlighted the stars with a gold metallic Sparkle Pop pen. Once dry, I framed the image with the frame that fits it perfectly. I added the stamped and heat-embossed sentiment at the bottom of the card. Thanks for stopping by.
Challenge: Always Fun Challenges #140 – Snowflakes
- Stamp and Die – Newton’s Nook “Purr-fect Present”
- Stencil – Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection – Diamond Dot Layering Stencil
- Embossing Powder – Gina K – Champagne
- Mini Action Wobbles – Art Impressions
- Glitter Cardstock – Paper Accents
I created this following the sketch for this month’s Inky Paws Challenge 111 on the Newton’s Nook blog. I really liked the layout of this sketch so when I saw it I knew I had to make a card! I colored the kitty with Copic markers and heat embossed some green cardstock with gold embossing powder for some elegant pattern. The really fun thing about this is that I attached an Action Wobble to the cat–so he wiggles! See below for a wiggly video! The small things in life make me happy!
I’ll be teaching how to make this card in early December at Runaway Art and Craft Studio, along with two other Christmas cards. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
- Patterned papers – Echo Park Bewitched Collection
- Die – Spellbinders – Venise Lace
- Sentiment Stamps (inside) – Lawn Fawn – Spooktacular
- Lavender Bling – Mark Richards Chrystal Stickers
I created this Halloween card for an exchange. It is made predominately with Echo Park papers and it is a fun fold, so I am including several photos so that you might be able to see how it works.
Thanks for stopping by today.
- Stamps –
- Ranger – Dina Wakley Media “Always Flowers”
- Inky Antics “Little Greeting”
- Patterned papers –
- Lawn Fawn “Spiffy Speckles – Strawberry Frosting” and “Spring Fling-Debbie”
- BoBunny “Serendipity”
- Dies – Art Impressions “Banner Double Stitched Dies
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Raffia – May Arts
- Inks –
- Versafine Clair – Twilight
- Ranger – Tim Holtz Distress – Twisted Citron
This was a fun card to make. I am a huge fan of Dina Wakley and her lovely floral stamps. I designed this card for a recent class I taught at Runaway Art and Craft Studio in Salem. I hadn’t done any paper piecing in a long time, but it worked quite well with this stamp. I stamped the flower onto the patterned papers in black ink and fussy-cut the flower from the pink and the stem and leaves from the green. I edged all of the pieces, including the die-cut banners, in Twisted Citron Distress Ink to bring out the same color as the leaves. Then I layered all of the pieces together and tied a bow around the top of the (top folding) card with pink raffia. Thanks for visiting.
- Stamps – Dreamerland Crafts:
- D19011 I am a cat person
- M18310 Tree trunks & small leaves
- M18307 Flower beds
- M18305 Clouds
- Die – Whimsy Stamps – Notched Squares Die Set
- Die – Spellbinders – Hello Expressions
- Copic markers
- StazOn Pigment ink pad – Snowflake
- Ranger Distress ink – Broken China
- Gina K ink pads
- Ribbon – May Arts
I created this card using a variety of stamps from a company that is new to me. Christy and I were thrilled to meet Dreamerland Crafts owners at Creativation in January. They are delightful and we really enjoyed talking to them and getting acquainted with their stamps. I used four different sets to create the scene on this card. I colored the girl, cat, and ground with Copic markers, and the tree and flower bed is created with Gina K ink pads. The clouds were stamped with white StazOn ink with just a smidge of Broken China ink to give an indication of clouds in the sky. Thanks for visiting.
- Die and stamp set – Spellbinders – Hello Expressions
- Stencil – The Crafter’s Workshop – TCW829 Heartful Flower by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer
- Ink – StazOn Pigment – Snowflake
- Posca paint markers
- Cardstock – black and turquoise
Surprise! I’m finally posting!
I created this card as a sample for a demo I’m doing. I will be creating cards from stenciled backgrounds at Runaway Art and Craft Studio during a demonstration at First Wednesday on May 1st. First Wednesday, sponsored by Salem Main Street Association, is a monthly celebration in downtown Salem during which businesses open their doors to celebrate with the community. While I am stenciling and making cards, Christy is art journaling and Robin will be sharing her illustrated coloring posters.
I began this card by applying white ink through a stencil onto black cardstock to create the base design. I then added color by drawing dots around the stenciled design with Posca acrylic paint markers. I layered the die-cuts and popped it up with dimensional adhesive above the stamped sentiment and then adhered the whole card front onto a turquoise card base.
Thanks for stopping by.