- Stamps –
- Penny Black – Smile All Day
- Technique Tuesday / Ali Edwards – Missing You
- Dies – Spellbinders Nestabilities – Small scalloped rectangles
- Patterned papers – Basic Grey 6″ paper pad – Lime Rickey
- Sprinkles – Doodlebug Designs
- Copic markers
This card is another for the military drive my friend is doing. I colored the happy little fox with Copic markers and cut it out with the scalloped die. I then pulled out an old favorite patterned paper collection from long ago and created a design with it. Thanks for stopping by.
Challenge: The Paper Players Challenge #423 – Crazy About Critters
- Patterned papers – Doodlebug Designs “DragonTales” Collection
- Stamp – Paper Smooches “Huge Hugs 2”
- Candy Buttons – Basic Grey “Capture”
- Cardstock – Bazzill and Paper Accents
This was a fun card to make. A cardmaking friend has a relative with kids who need some cheering up, so this is a card I’ve made for the cause. I love these dragons. I’ve had the sentiment stamp and the little epoxy stickers for years!
Shopping Our Stash #354 “For the Kids”
- Stamps – The Cat’s Pajamas “Penguin Christmas” and “Polar Holiday” (sentiment)
- Dies – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Labels Fifteen”
- Patterned papers – Basic Grey “Jovial” collection and American Crafts “North Pole” collection
- Embossing Powder – Ranger Ink Wendy Vecchi “Red Geranium”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Copic markers
- Sakura Glaze pens
Some of my cardmaking friends alerted me to a request that had been made by a 9-year old boy from Maine with cancer who wants to celebrate Christmas early this year. What he really wants are Christmas cards from all over the United States. The detail that really caught my attention is that he loves penguins! I was anxious to grant him his wish and mail him a handmade card from the other side of the country. Hopefully all of the holiday mail he is receiving is bringing him many smiles.
I went back into my stash to create this card! I’ve had these stamp sets for years! The patterned papers are not new either. I stamped the penguins and colored the image with Copic markers. I added some sparkle and shine with a couple different Glaze pens, but that effect is hard to detect in my photo unfortunately. The sentiment is heat-embossed with the bright red powder and adds some more shine.
Thanks for stopping by.
House of Cards November Challenge: Holiday
Flickr Love Handmade Cards Group: Anything Goes
- Dies – Spellbinders “Foxy” and Lawn Fawn “Happy Birthday Border”
- Patterned paper – Basic Grey “Hillside” collection (6″ X 6″ paper pad)
- Washi tape – Love My Tapes and We R Memory Keepers
- Cardstock – WorldWin and Bazzill
I created this clean and simple card featuring the cute fox die cut from Spellbinders. I used the sketch: Freshly Made Sketches #232, with a couple of strips of Washi tape. I attached the black die-cut sentiment so that it connected to the black mat to tie the design together. Thanks for visiting.
- Stamp – Inkadinkado “Larger Glass”
- Patterned paper – KaiserCraft “Rustic Harmony” 6-1/2″ paper pad
- Fiber – Basic Grey
- Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist – Biscotti
- Ranger Distress Inks – Barn Door, Aged Mahogany, Antique Linen
- Cardstock – Paper Accents
The Shopping Our Stash Challenge #204 is Red, Red Wine. I decided to pull out a nice, wood-mounted stamp I’ve had for a long time for this occasion! I colored the image by applying Distress inks and blending them together, then spritzed it with the Perfect Pearls mist for a nice sheen and a couple of drops of water. Unfortunately, it is difficult to see the effect in the photo! Adding the mist and water gives it a little bit more of an aged look to the vintage image. The strip of trim is from an old Basic Grey pack I also had in my stash. Thanks for visiting today.
- Stamp – Penny Black “bold b’day”
- Patterned paper – from Basic Grey “Porcelain” 6 X 6″ paper pad
- Mini pearls – Doodlebug Designs
- Ribbon – May Arts
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I made this card using Sketch #300 on Clean & Simple Stamping. That’s a lot of sketches–congrats to Clean & Simple on reaching this milestone! The sketch calls for a very large sentiment, so I chose a bold Happy Birthday to fit the bill. Thanks for visiting today.
Your challenge and my challenge
Welcome to another challenge for the Operation Write Home Virtual Cardmaking Party! I am very pleased and honored to have been selected to participate this weekend. There are a lot of fun challenges to motivate us all to create cards for our Heros to send home. For my challenge, I’m asking you to make a love-themed card featuring a furry creature. There are so many cute animal stamps–many are in my stash! So I thought it would be fun to devote a challenge to using some of these critters! Feel up to the challenge? Please use the InLinkz Linkup below to add your critter love card. For every card linked up for this furry creature challenge between now and the end of next weekend, I will donate $1.00 (per person) to Operation Write Home. So if there are 50 folks who post, that means I’ll donate $50 to OWH. You have until midnight Pacific Time on July 13th to add your cards.
I received 33 entries in my challenge as of midnight Sunday, July 13th. That means that I will donate $33.00 to Operation Write Home when I send my next group of cards in during the next couple of weeks! What is even better, is that my friends Barb and Cora Jean have said they will match this donation so that makes $99.00 altogether (actually, I’ll make it $34 so it adds up to an even $100.00)! I’m very proud of this contribution to OWH. Thanks to all of you who created cards and linked them up for the VCMP so that we could make this happen.
Now for my cards
Stampendous ” Cattus Librum”
Lawn Fawn “Belinda’s Borders”
Hero Arts “Year Round Sentiments”
- Patterned Papers – Basic Grey “Hey You” collection
- Colorbox Chalk ink – Aquamarine
My first card is based on OWH Sketch #191. It featured the cutest cat stamp ever, in my opinion! I stamped the accents and inked the edges with aquamarine chalk ink to tie the various elements together. Finally, I drew an outline around each element with a fine tipped dark green pen. Between the inking and the outline, it has a very informal look.
- Stamps – Art Impressions “Furries Try Folds” and BoBunny “Love Letters”
- Patterned papers – Crate Paper “Flea Market” 6 X 6″ paper pad
- Cardstock – Paper Accents
- Punch – Martha Stewart “Embossed Button”
- Twine – American Crafts
This is a simple card that featured two stamped images. Between the two cards I’ve posted today, I’ve used cards from five different companies! It is fun to mix them up! I colored these cute little bunnies with Copic markers and made banners from some pretty patterned papers. The paper button is nice a flat so it won’t be too thick for mailing, which is important for OWH cards. I made this design up as I went, so I don’t think it matches up to a specific sketch (at least not on purpose).
Thanks for joining in the party and stopping by today. Please link your card using the InLinkz Link-up below. I’d love to see lots of cards so I can make a big donation when I send my next batch of cards in! Please leave a comment if you feel so disposed. If you’d like to return to the OWH VCMP Master List, please click the OWH graphic at the top of this post.