- Stamps –
- We R Memory Keepers – “Bunny”
- Memory Box – “Spiral Flower”
- Lawn Fawn – “Milo’s ABCs” (spelling out “Bunny Hugs”)
- Dies – Simon Says Stamp “Frames”
- Patterned paper – Doodlebug Designs “Easter Parade”
- Glitter Button – American Crafts
- Copic markers
- Cardstock – Bazzill and Paper Accents
- Twine – Doodlebug Designs
Here is an Easter card, complete with a bunny and eggs! Challenge #15 at Simon Says Stamp Flickr Group is to make an Easter or Spring card this time around. I was inspired by Mojo Monday Sketch #390. I added some little touches of color with Copic markers to the stamped bunny and created the sentiment with my Lawn Fawn alphabet stamp set (Milo’s ABCs). Both of the dies I used are from a Simon Says Stamp set (Frames). I heat embossed the little Memory Box flower stamp and then attached a sparkly button on top for a handmade embellishment. The papers feature lots of Springtime colors. Thanks for visiting by today.
2 Comments | tags: die cuts, doodlebug designs, lawn fawn, memory box, Simon Says Stamp, stamping, we r memory keepers | posted in Easter, Mojo Monday, Simon Says Stamp, Spring
- Stamps – The Cat’s Pajamas “Soar” set
- Patterned paper – Reminisce “Blast Off”
- Cardstock – Paper Accents
- Copic markers
I was inspired by the sketch for the latest Freshly Made Sketches Challenge (#179) when I made this card. It was meant to be, using the spacey bunny from one of my many The Cat’s Pajamas set with my newly acquired patterned paper from Reminisce. I colored all of the stamped images, including the sentiment, with Copics. A clean and simple design with my take on the sketch. Thanks for stopping by.
1 Comment | tags: cardmaking, Cat's Pajamas, fauna, stamping | posted in Freshly Made, TCP, Uncategorized
- Stencil – Donna Downey “Leaf-Stem Trio”
- Stamp – from Hero Arts “Live Life” set
- Cardstock – BoBunny
- Dylusions Ink Spray – Fresh Lime
- Distress Ink – Peeled Paint
I am a big fan of leaf motifs of any kind, be they featured on stamps, stencils, photos, or anything else. So when I saw the Addicted to CAS (Clean and Simple) Challenge with the code word: Green, the first thing I thought of was leaves. I sprayed the Dylusions spray ink through the leaf stencil for the background and then stamped the sentiment. I then blended Distress Ink around the edges and mounted it onto a folded card. Thanks for visiting today.
2 Comments | tags: cardmaking, clean and simple stamping, stamping, stencils | posted in Addicted to CAS, Distress Techniques, General Cards
Welcome to my stop on The Cat’s Pajamas Spring Blog Hop 2015! We are celebrating the wonderful new Spring release of new stamps, dies and templates! If you are hopping along, you should have just come from Wendy M.’s blog, Wake Up with Wendy. The top of the hop is at Lisa’s blog, My Little Creative Escape. Today I’ve got some major muscle groups working!
- Stamps – The Cat’s Pajamas “You Got This” set
- Patterned papers – Crate Paper “Flea Market” 6 X 6″ paper pad
- Die cuts:
- The Cat’s Pajamas “Wavy Stitched Border”
- Spellbinders Nestabilities “Lacey Circles”
- Cardstock – BoBunny Island Mist Double Dot and Paper Accents
Our bunny friend is proving himself, even by lifting the added weight of that little bird! I took some liberties with Sketch 286 so I could incorporate the die cut across the top made with the Wavy Stitched Border die. I colored the bunny with Copic markers and trimmed him out and popped him up for a little dimension. Or is he a she??
I’m looking forward to playing more with the products in the new release. Some of my all-time favorite critters are featured, so I can’t go wrong! Thanks for stopping by today.
Your next stop is Jessie’s blog at Can You Say Addicted to Stamps?
8 Comments | tags: Cat's Pajamas, copics, fauna, spellbinders, stamping | posted in Challenges, General Cards, TCP, Uncategorized
- Stamp – Penny Black “Pansy Bunny”
- Patterned paper – KaiserCraft “Kaleidoscope” 6 X 6″ paper pad
- Border punch – Fiskars “Upper Crest”
- Cardstock – Paper Accents
- Ranger Distress Inks: Dried Marigold, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Pumice Stone, Seedless Preserves, Spun Sugar, Mustard Seed, Gathered Twigs, Antique Linen
Today I’m sharing a card that I colored this week for The Daily Marker 30-day Color Challenge. I used Ranger Distress inks and a water brush to add color to this stamped image. I’ve been having a good time coloring each day and sometimes even creating a card with what I’ve colored! Thanks for stopping by today.
2 Comments | tags: cardmaking, distress techniques, fauna, penny black, stamping, watercolor | posted in Challenges, Spring
- Stamps – The Cat’s Pajamas “Patterned Petals” (flowers and sentiment)
- Patterned papers – from Creative Imaginations Christine Adolph Collection “Boho” 6 X 6″ paper pad
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Classic Ovals”
- Bling – Mark Richards Hot Pink 3 mm Crystal Stickers
- Cardstock – Bazzill
Here is another card made with stamps from The Cat’s Pajamas new release! Sneaky Peeks of the stamps are being featured all week and will be available beginning March 17th. Make sure you visit The Cat’s Pajamas Blog each day between now and then to see new stamps, CutUps Dies and Cutables and lots of card samples. I cut out the different flowers in the set after stamping them on patterned paper. I then layered them and adhered each piece with dimensional adhesive. You can see the dimension I was able to achieve and a little more detail in the photo below. Thanks for stopping by today.
3 Comments | tags: cardmaking, Cat's Pajamas, flora, stamping | posted in General Cards, TCP
- Stamps – The Cat’s Pajamas “Space Cadet” set (N-5835)
- Die – The Cat’s Pajamas “Holiday Topper” (041) CutUps
- Patterned papers – Doodlebug Designs “Hip Hip Hooray: Party Animals and Up, Up & Away”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
Everyone knows I love a good penguin! I was very pleased to get an early chance to play with stamps from The Cat’s Pajamas new release that will be available on March 17th. And this set certainly caught my eye. I selected the penguin from this set right off and colored the image with Copic markers. I then fussy-cut it out so I could pop it up on the card front. It seemed so appropriate to use the star die from the Holiday Topper CutUps set to further the space theme. I trimmed around the die cut topper and then used three of the stars with the sentiment to tie the design together. Make sure you keep an eye on The Cat’s Pajamas Blog to see all of the great new stuff in the new release! Also, visit the forum at Splitcoaststampers for a chance to win this set. Thanks for visiting!
5 Comments | tags: cardmaking, Cat's Pajamas, copics, die cuts, penguins, stamping | posted in TCP
- Stamps – All from Hero Arts “OWH The Fox Says” set and “OWH Right at Home”
- Embossing folder – Sizzix Tim Hotz Alterations “Honeycomb” Texture Fades
- Border punch – EK Success “Dotted Wave” edger
- Patterned paper – Lawn Fawn “Polka Dot Bikini” (stars)
- Baker’s Twine – Doodlebug Designs
- Carstock – Bazzill
Just a quick post of a card I made with some more images I colored during Day 4 for The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge. The Freshly Made Sketches sketch #176 was inspiration for this card. The stars were leftovers from a diecut I used on a previous card. Nothing wasted! I colored the foxes with Copics and popped up the foxes and stars with dimensional adhesive. This sentiment is perfect for Operation Write Home for a hero to send home. Thanks for visiting.
1 Comment | tags: cardmaking, die cuts, ek success, fauna, Hero Arts, stamping, tim holtz | posted in Freshly Made, Miss You
- Stamps –
- Stampers Anonymous Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi “Hydrangea”
- Simon Says Stamp “OWH – Brave” set
- Stencil – Stampers Anonymous Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi “Hydrangea”
- Ranger Distress Inks: Shaded Lilac, Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar, Antique Linen, Mowed Lawn
- Cardstock – Ninah Solar White 80#
- Uni-Ball Signo Pen – white
This clean and simple (CAS) card features the hydrangea from a recent Stampers Anonymous stamp and stencil set. The Addicted to CAS Challenge #58 is to be inspired by the code word: Distress. I used Ranger Distress inks through the stencil after I stamped the hydrangea image. I also spattered dilluted Distress ink to tie the elements of the card together and still keep it one layer. I added some stippling with my white Signo pen to provide some texture and pattern to the image. This also fits the bill for the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Group Challenge #14, which is to create a one layer Clean and Simple Card. It is pretty challenging to create a single layer card! This will be a perfect card to send in my Operation Write Home box. Thanks for stopping by.
3 Comments | tags: cardmaking, clean and simple stamping, distress techniques, Ranger, Stamper's Anonymous, stamping, stencils, tim holtz | posted in Addicted to CAS, Challenges, Clean & Simple, Miss You, Simon Says Stamp
- Stamps – Lawn Fawn “Snow Day” and Simon Says Stamp “Square Sayings”
- Dies – Lawn Fawn “Snow Day” and Simon Says Stamp “Tri Square”
- Patterned papers – My Mind’s Eye “Chalk Studio” 6 X 6″ pad
- Sequins – Doodlebug Designs
- Border punch – Martha Stewart “Embossed Zig Zag Edger”
- Embossing powder – White and Clear
- Kraft cardstock
I colored two little Lawn Fawn bunnies from a favorite stamp set with colored pencil for this card. I am participating in The Daily Marker’s 30-Day Coloring Challenge, during which we are to spend at least 10 minutes a day coloring for fun and relaxation. Today is the first day of Kathy’s challenge and I colored these little love bunnies during my lunch hour! I heat embossed them last night to make short works of it. Then I put down some base color and colored over the base with white colored pencil. It is a nice effect on the Kraft cardstock. I decided to use Kraft cardstock because it was part of the Simon Says Stamp/Lawn Fawn Flickr Card Challenge going on right now. We are to use Kraft, Lawn Fawn products or Simon Says Stamp products. So everything tied together nicely for this card. Thanks for visiting today.
Leave a comment | tags: cardmaking, embossing, fauna, lawn fawn, Simon Says Stamp | posted in Love