- 6 X 8″ Canvas panel
- Dies –
- Simon Says Stamp – “Abby Snowflake”
- Simon Says stamp – “Melody Snowflake”
- Memory Box – “New Castle Snowflake”
- Sizzix – Tim Holtz Alterations -“Mixed Media”
- Stencil – Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous – “Snowflakes”
- Stamps – Judikins “Happy New Year” and Stampendous “Snowflake”
- Faber Castell Whipped Spackle
- Viva Decor Modellier-Creme – Mother of Pearl
- Embossing Powder – Stampendous – “Blue Magic”
- Cyrstal Stickers – Mark Richards Ltd. – Light Blue 5mm
- Glitter – Stampendous – Crystal Snow, Gold Ultrafine, and Frantage silver crushed glass glitter
- Ranger Dina Wakley Media Gel Medium – Lots!
- Ranger Dina Wakley acrylic paints – Turquoise, Sky, Lapis, and White
I used a whole bunch of stuff in order to create the layers for this little canvas! And I used glitter and other shiny stuff that I don’t often use. The Mixed Media Mojo Challenge for January 2016 is to create something with a Winter theme and you can add a glitter twist.
I layered a lot of different products after the gesso to create a snowflakey, snowy feeling. The pearlescent modeling creme also gave off a nice sheen, as did the glitter and the embossing powder for the sentiment. The whipped spackle also give the impression of snow. I have a lot of snowflake stamps, dies and even a stencil, so it is nice to use them for something other than Christmas cards!
I like the size of this small canvas. It isn’t overwhelming and I am thinking that if I create these for each of the seasons that might be a fun little home decor item.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps – The Cat’s Pajamas
- Die – The Cat’s Pajamas “Holiday Toppers”
- Stencil – Hero Arts with Basic Grey “Scales”
- Cardstock – Neenah and Paper Accents
- Distress Ink – Chipped Sapphire
- Bling – Mark Richards
I colored the bunny image with Zig Clean Color markers and did some watercoloring with the ink using a water brush. I created the background using the stencil over Distress Ink and spritzed with water to create a subtle pattern. I added some sparkly gems in the center of the snowflakes. Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps and Dies – Lawn Fawn “Joy to the Woods”
- Patterned paper – Carta Bella “Merry Alphabet”
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities – Large Standard Circles
- Red cardstock
- Navy speckled cardstock
- Copic Markers
I colored the stamped trees, fox, star and ornaments with Copic markers and created a Wintry little scene in the circular opening. The navy cardstock has specks that look a little like distant stars or SNOW as a backdrop for the large die-cut star. This is an entry for the Paper Players Challenge #274 “Let it Snow.” Thanks for stopping by.
- Stamps: All Hero Arts
- CL469 – Swirl Christmas
- CL 887 Color Layering Christmas Tree
- Gemstones – Hero Arts – Baby Blue and Clear
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Fancy Tags”
- Distress Inks: Broken China and Tumbled Glass
- Ombre Ink – Hero Arts – Pool to Navy
- Neenah Solar White cardstock
I created this card for a 90-minute challenge I participated in with my Flickr Hero Arts group last weekend. The challenge, called a scramble, was to put together a holiday/Winter card using tiny stamps and it has to be completed and posted within 90 minutes. I’m pretty slow to complete my cards, so doing these are always very challenging for me! But I did it! I created the background by applying the two Distress Ink colors with an foam ink applicator and then spattered it with water. Once dry, I stamped the snowflakes and swirls (from two different clear stamp sets) with the ombre ink pad. I die-cut the label and stamped the sentiment from the CL887 set and popped it up with dimensional adhesive. I added a gemstone to the center of each snowflake for a little sparkle.
I was able to also play along in the Paper Players Challenge #273 with this card. This challenge is a TIC-TAC-TOE puzzle and I picked the three items from the top left to the bottom right diagonally shown on the puzzle board: Snowflake-Sparkle-Die-cut! Perfect! Thanks for visiting.
- Dies all by Simon Says Stamp:
- Stitched Rectangles
- Merry Christmas
- Melody Snowflake
- Abby Snowflake
- Ranger Distress Ink – Tumbled Glass
- Sequins – Doodlebug Designs
- Cardstock – Neenah Solar White
I created this card for the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Group Challenge #25: White on White with a Touch of Color. I immediately thought of Winter cards for this color scheme. I applied some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink with a foam applicator for a little contrast in the background for the snowflakes. I then added sequins and Wink of Stella sparkly ink around the snowflakes for a bit more frost. Finally, I layered the white “stitched” piece onto a white card. I really enjoyed making this card! Maybe it is because our normally mild Pacific Northwest weather was in the 90s once again today! Thanks for stopping by.
- Die cuts made from:
- Impression Obsession “Snowflakes”
- Spellbinders Nestabilities “Romantic Rectangles”
- Stamp – Inkadinkado “Happy Birthday” (98164-MM)
- Embossing folder – Cuttlebug “Snow Dots”
- Patterned cardstock – BoBunny
- Cardstock – Paper Accents
I created this card with the Operation Write Home Mid-month Throwdown in mind. The challenge is to make a Winter birthday card and I immediately thought snowflakes. I used an embossed background featuring snowflakes and added a couple of die cut snowflakes as well. Even the edge of the sentiment die cut fits in with the lacey snowflake look. Thanks for stopping by today.