- 6 X 8″ Canvas panel
- Dies –
- Simon Says Stamp – “Abby Snowflake”
- Simon Says stamp – “Melody Snowflake”
- Memory Box – “New Castle Snowflake”
- Sizzix – Tim Holtz Alterations -“Mixed Media”
- Stencil – Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous – “Snowflakes”
- Stamps – Judikins “Happy New Year” and Stampendous “Snowflake”
- Faber Castell Whipped Spackle
- Viva Decor Modellier-Creme – Mother of Pearl
- Embossing Powder – Stampendous – “Blue Magic”
- Cyrstal Stickers – Mark Richards Ltd. – Light Blue 5mm
- Glitter – Stampendous – Crystal Snow, Gold Ultrafine, and Frantage silver crushed glass glitter
- Ranger Dina Wakley Media Gel Medium – Lots!
- Ranger Dina Wakley acrylic paints – Turquoise, Sky, Lapis, and White
I used a whole bunch of stuff in order to create the layers for this little canvas! And I used glitter and other shiny stuff that I don’t often use. The Mixed Media Mojo Challenge for January 2016 is to create something with a Winter theme and you can add a glitter twist.
I layered a lot of different products after the gesso to create a snowflakey, snowy feeling. The pearlescent modeling creme also gave off a nice sheen, as did the glitter and the embossing powder for the sentiment. The whipped spackle also give the impression of snow. I have a lot of snowflake stamps, dies and even a stencil, so it is nice to use them for something other than Christmas cards!
I like the size of this small canvas. It isn’t overwhelming and I am thinking that if I create these for each of the seasons that might be a fun little home decor item.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Die – Memory Box “Flicker Hearts”
- Stamp – My Sentiments Exactly H178 “Valentine’s Day”
- Crystal Stickers “Ruby Round 3mm”
- Cardstock – Neenah Solar White and Bazzill (red)
This is the first Valentine I’ve made so far this year. It features the lovely die from Memory Box that really deserves to be the focal point in this clean and simple card. I really like the detail that you get with this die. I backed the cut area with red cardstock and added the red bling in honor of Addicted to CAS Challenge #80 “Code Word Red”, and which follows the basic layout of Paper Players Sketch #279. Thanks for visiting.
- Stamps – The Cat’s Pajamas
- Die – The Cat’s Pajamas “Holiday Toppers”
- Stencil – Hero Arts with Basic Grey “Scales”
- Cardstock – Neenah and Paper Accents
- Distress Ink – Chipped Sapphire
- Bling – Mark Richards
I colored the bunny image with Zig Clean Color markers and did some watercoloring with the ink using a water brush. I created the background using the stencil over Distress Ink and spritzed with water to create a subtle pattern. I added some sparkly gems in the center of the snowflakes. Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps – Altnew “Fresh Freesia”
- Corner punch – Fiskars “Spiral”
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers
- Cardstock – Worldwin
- Watercolor paper – Canson Aquarelle 140 lb. cold press
This clean and simple, one-layer card features the lovely Altenew Freesia stamps. I’ll be giving this card to a friend who recently lost her mother. The coloring is done with Zig Clean Color markers and a water brush. It is so fun to watercolor with these–the results are actually quite remarkable (bad pun–sorry!). Thanks for visiting.
- Stamps – The Cat’s Pajamas “Make Merry” set
- Dies –
- The Cat’s Pajamas “Dots”
- Spellbinders Nestabilities “Mega Ovals LG”
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities “Ribbon Banners”
- Patterned paper – Echo Park “A Perfect Summer: Chevrons”
- Gel pens – Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust series
- Cardstock – Paper Accents and Bazzill
I’m still making a few New Year’s cards. I have not had a very good week for creative accomplishment, so it is sort of relaxing now to make some new cards. The “real” job is really getting in the way! But it does pay for the craft supplies! I used a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches as inspiration for this card: Freshly Made Sketches #217. I used stamps from The Cat’s Pajamas for both the kitty image and the sentiment. Wishing you a very Happy 2016!