- 6 X 8″ Canvas panel
- Dies –
- Simon Says Stamp – “Abby Snowflake”
- Simon Says stamp – “Melody Snowflake”
- Memory Box – “New Castle Snowflake”
- Sizzix – Tim Holtz Alterations -“Mixed Media”
- Stencil – Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous – “Snowflakes”
- Stamps – Judikins “Happy New Year” and Stampendous “Snowflake”
- Faber Castell Whipped Spackle
- Viva Decor Modellier-Creme – Mother of Pearl
- Embossing Powder – Stampendous – “Blue Magic”
- Cyrstal Stickers – Mark Richards Ltd. – Light Blue 5mm
- Glitter – Stampendous – Crystal Snow, Gold Ultrafine, and Frantage silver crushed glass glitter
- Ranger Dina Wakley Media Gel Medium – Lots!
- Ranger Dina Wakley acrylic paints – Turquoise, Sky, Lapis, and White
I used a whole bunch of stuff in order to create the layers for this little canvas! And I used glitter and other shiny stuff that I don’t often use. The Mixed Media Mojo Challenge for January 2016 is to create something with a Winter theme and you can add a glitter twist.
I layered a lot of different products after the gesso to create a snowflakey, snowy feeling. The pearlescent modeling creme also gave off a nice sheen, as did the glitter and the embossing powder for the sentiment. The whipped spackle also give the impression of snow. I have a lot of snowflake stamps, dies and even a stencil, so it is nice to use them for something other than Christmas cards!
I like the size of this small canvas. It isn’t overwhelming and I am thinking that if I create these for each of the seasons that might be a fun little home decor item.
Thanks for stopping by!