- Die cuts – made from Spellbinders Shapeabilities “Blossom Tags and Accents” – colored with Ranger Distress Inks
- Patterned paper – Basic Grey “Stella Ruby”
- Sentiment stamp – Hero Arts “Everyday Sayings”
This is a really simple card made with floral die cuts colored with Distress Inks and some pretty patterned paper. This is the sample card for the April challenge for a card group I belong to–the challenge is to make floral cards. I enjoyed putting together the flower from the die cuts and applying color with the Distress inks to match the paper. Have a great day and I’ll see you back here soon.
- Digital image – Ike’s Art – colored with Copic Markers
- Die cut – made from Spellbinder’s Nestabilities “Labels Fifteen”
- Patterned papers – Black Market Paper Society “Ebony & Alabaster” 6 X 6″ pad
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Felt flower – Creative Impressions “Blossoms & Leaves”
- Paper leaf – Prima Marketing, Inc.
- Brad/metal flower – Nunn Design “Daisy Brad”
This card features a digital image by Ike’s Art that I got by participating in the Crafter’s Digital Art Center (CDAC) Freebies Progressive Challenge. I colored the image with Copic markers. The card design is based on the current sketch at Mojo Monday: Sketch #234. I created it in response to the March ODBD challenge at Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps, which is a “Tic-Tac-Toe” challenge where I had to pick three in a row from elements on their game board. As it turned out, I managed to get two different lines of three in a row: Brads, Digi Stamp, Die Cut and Die Cut, Layers , Stripes. This was a really fun idea for a challenge! Thanks for stopping by today!
Above is a closer look at a couple of this card’s details.
- Stamps – Darcie’s “Here Comes the Sun” cling set (both sentiment and sun)
- Patterned papers – Basic Grey “Stella Ruby” and “Porcelain” 6 X 6″ paper pads
- Background – created with Ranger Adirondak Alcohol Inks & Mixables – Polished Agate Technique
- Cardstock – WorldWin
It is time for some Summer cards to send off to Operation Write Home (with the Father’s Day cards!). I started playing with my alcohol inks last week for a background and thought I’d do some more with different colors. Sometimes it is fun just to make backgrounds! I used the current sketch at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps – Sketch #114 for this card. I like the little diamond shape in the middle. Thanks for visiting today.
- Stamp – from Darcie’s “Here Comes the Sun” cling stamp set
- Patterned papers – Basic Grey “Lime Rickey” 6 X 6 paper pad
- Die cuts – made from Spellbinders “Butterflies,” “Lacey Circles” and “Standard Circles Large”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I made this card with the current Clean and Simple Sketch #183 in response to the Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home. This week’s challenge was to use a green and yellow color palette. I really like this sketch and the pieces just fell together for me from my stash! Plus I was able to use one of the stamps from the new Darcie’s set I just got, which I think will be cheery for more Operation Write Home cards to come. Thanks for visiting today.
- Stamps – Paperbag Studios “The View” and Hero Arts “Father’s Day Message”
- Die cut – made from Spellbinder’s Nestabilities “Labels Seventeen”
- Patterned cardstock – BoBunny “Chocolate Flourish”
- Solid cardstock – WorldWin Treasures “Deep Brown”
- Metal stickers – Mark Richards Enterprises – Nailheads
This background was featured in a tutorial at Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps this week. I made the faux leather background with overlapped masking tape rubbed with Distress Ink and heat set with clear matte embossing powder. It has an interesting texture and mine sort of resembles leather. It was fun to try it out and is always gratifying to make my own backgrounds. Thanks for checking-in with me.