- Die cuts – made from Spellbinders Shapeabilities “Blossom Tags and Accents” – colored with Ranger Distress Inks
- Patterned paper – Basic Grey “Stella Ruby”
- Sentiment stamp – Hero Arts “Everyday Sayings”
This is a really simple card made with floral die cuts colored with Distress Inks and some pretty patterned paper. This is the sample card for the April challenge for a card group I belong to–the challenge is to make floral cards. I enjoyed putting together the flower from the die cuts and applying color with the Distress inks to match the paper. Have a great day and I’ll see you back here soon.
1 Comment | tags: cardmaking, die cuts, flora, stamping | posted in Cardmaking Friends, General Cards, OWH
Here is my latest “homework” from my Creative Chemistry 101 online class. These two tags were made using Distress Inks and Perfect Pearls. It is a bit difficult to see the full result in a photo, but there is quite a sheen on these from the mica powder in the Perfect Pearls. This is a wonderful technique–I love it! These were made with several layers of homemade Distress Ink sprays (from mixing re-inkers with water and Perfect Pearls), then additional Perfect Pearls brushed on in some places, and then more Distress Inks applied with blending foam. Thanks for stopping by.
Leave a comment | posted in Distress Techniques, Tags
- Digital image – Ike’s Art – colored with Copic Markers
- Die cut – made from Spellbinder’s Nestabilities “Labels Fifteen”
- Patterned papers – Black Market Paper Society “Ebony & Alabaster” 6 X 6″ pad
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Felt flower – Creative Impressions “Blossoms & Leaves”
- Paper leaf – Prima Marketing, Inc.
- Brad/metal flower – Nunn Design “Daisy Brad”
This card features a digital image by Ike’s Art that I got by participating in the Crafter’s Digital Art Center (CDAC) Freebies Progressive Challenge. I colored the image with Copic markers. The card design is based on the current sketch at Mojo Monday: Sketch #234. I created it in response to the March ODBD challenge at Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps, which is a “Tic-Tac-Toe” challenge where I had to pick three in a row from elements on their game board. As it turned out, I managed to get two different lines of three in a row: Brads, Digi Stamp, Die Cut and Die Cut, Layers , Stripes. This was a really fun idea for a challenge! Thanks for stopping by today!
Above is a closer look at a couple of this card’s details.
1 Comment | tags: cardmaking, die cuts, digital stamps, flora | posted in CDAC, Challenges, Digital image, General Cards, Mojo Monday, OWH
- Stamps – Darcie’s “Here Comes the Sun” cling set (both sentiment and sun)
- Patterned papers – Basic Grey “Stella Ruby” and “Porcelain” 6 X 6″ paper pads
- Background – created with Ranger Adirondak Alcohol Inks & Mixables – Polished Agate Technique
- Cardstock – WorldWin
It is time for some Summer cards to send off to Operation Write Home (with the Father’s Day cards!). I started playing with my alcohol inks last week for a background and thought I’d do some more with different colors. Sometimes it is fun just to make backgrounds! I used the current sketch at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps – Sketch #114 for this card. I like the little diamond shape in the middle. Thanks for visiting today.
5 Comments | tags: cardmaking, stamping | posted in Challenges, Distress Techniques, OWH, Summer
- Stamp – Holly Berry House “Cameroon Scarab”
- Ranger Distress Ink Markers
- Ranger Distress Inks
This was some homework from the Day 6 Lesson at the Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry 101 online class. I experimented with dry and wet paper, Distress Ink markers and a water brush to color the scarab images. I inked the tag that I mounted the bug images on with Distress Inks delivered with a blending tool. This science experiment took me back to my youth when I wanted to be a “bugologist.” Remember, Mom? Thanks for visiting today.
1 Comment | tags: stamping | posted in Distress Techniques, Tags
- Stamp – from Darcie’s “Here Comes the Sun” cling stamp set
- Patterned papers – Basic Grey “Lime Rickey” 6 X 6 paper pad
- Die cuts – made from Spellbinders “Butterflies,” “Lacey Circles” and “Standard Circles Large”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I made this card with the current Clean and Simple Sketch #183 in response to the Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home. This week’s challenge was to use a green and yellow color palette. I really like this sketch and the pieces just fell together for me from my stash! Plus I was able to use one of the stamps from the new Darcie’s set I just got, which I think will be cheery for more Operation Write Home cards to come. Thanks for visiting today.
2 Comments | tags: butterflies, cardmaking, clean and simple stamping, die cuts, stamping | posted in Challenges, Clean & Simple, General Cards, OWH
- Stamps – Paperbag Studios “The View” and Hero Arts “Father’s Day Message”
- Die cut – made from Spellbinder’s Nestabilities “Labels Seventeen”
- Patterned cardstock – BoBunny “Chocolate Flourish”
- Solid cardstock – WorldWin Treasures “Deep Brown”
- Metal stickers – Mark Richards Enterprises – Nailheads
This background was featured in a tutorial at Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps this week. I made the faux leather background with overlapped masking tape rubbed with Distress Ink and heat set with clear matte embossing powder. It has an interesting texture and mine sort of resembles leather. It was fun to try it out and is always gratifying to make my own backgrounds. Thanks for checking-in with me.
1 Comment | tags: cardmaking, die cuts, stamping | posted in Challenges, Father's Day, OWH
Here are some more science experiments that I’ve made as part of my Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry 101 online class. I made my own Distress Ink mists with Distress Ink reinkers. I sprayed three different colors (that was all I had!) on each tag, using a Crafter’s Workshop template. Then I added more Distress Inks (applied with blending tool). That was the background. Then I stamped images on each tag with Ranger Jet Black Archival ink. For a closer look, scroll below.
- Ranger Distress Inks
- Template – Crafter’s Workshop Halequin template
- Stamps – Stampington & Company “Elegant Ledger” and Stampers Anonymous “Reflections” Tim Holtz Collection
- Ranger Distress Inks
- Template – Crafter’s Workshop “Webbing” template (pretty hard to see!)
- Stamps – Stampington & Company “Tulips” and Judikins “Calligraphic Flourish”
Thanks for visiting.
2 Comments | tags: flora, stamping | posted in Distress Techniques, Tags
- Stamp – Paper Inspirations “Leafy Shadow”
- Patterned paper – K&Company “Jubilee Purple Burst”
- Background made with Adirondack® Alcohol Inks (Tim Holtz by Ranger): Stonewashed, Denim, Cool Peri, Pink Sherbet, Stonewashed, Eggplant and Silver Mixatives
For this card, I used Sketch #113 at Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps. I experimented with alcohol inks for the background based on a lesson at the Online Card Classes Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry101 class. It is always fun to see what you come up with using the polished agate technique. Thanks for visiting today.
2 Comments | tags: cardmaking, flora, stamping | posted in Distress Techniques, General Cards, OWH
- Ranger Distress Inks: Aged Mahogany, Wild Honey, Black Soot, Walnut Stain, Brushed Corduroy
- Stamp – Stamper’s Anonymous “The Cage”
- Watercolor paper and Craft Tags (Ranger)
This is another take on the lesson from Day 2 of Tim Holtz’s Creative Chemistry 101 at Online Card Classes. I like the watercolor technique with the Distress inks very much. Thanks for stopping by today. I’m looking forward to more lessons!
2 Comments | tags: stamping | posted in Distress Techniques, Tags