- Digital Image – Just Some Lines (made available at Crafter’s Digital Art Center).
- Patterned paper – My Mind’s Eye “Stella Rose: Hazel”
- Ribbon – American Crafts
I based this card design on the current sketch at CPS (Card Positioning System): Sketch #263. This image is from Crafter’s Digital Art Center Progressive Freebies Challenge #16 and the image is from Just Some Lines. I colored it with Copics in a Siamese-y sort of way! This will be my first card for my next box to go to Operation Write Home. I just shipped 25 cards to OWH on Friday. Thanks for visiting.
8 Comments | tags: cardmaking, digital stamps, stamping | posted in CDAC, Challenges, CPS, General Cards
Here is a group of Origami Necktie cards that Trenton and I made again this year. I used scraps of cardstock for all of the shirts, and brads, buttons and Origami paper from my stash to create the cards. I will be shipping them off to Operation Write Home for Father’s Day cards. Trenton always folds the neckties for me and I create the shirts. We’re a good team! These are really fun cards. If you’d like to make some yourself, there here is a tutorial link for you to follow. It is a great way to use up your extra scraps of paper! Thanks for visiting.
4 Comments | tags: cardmaking, fancy folds, origami | posted in Father's Day, OWH
- Die cut – SEI “Field Notes: The Sample Box”
- Stamp – Hero Arts “Everyday Sayings”
- Cardstock – BoBunny dots (scraps!)
- Trim from stash
This was a very simple card that I made from some of my many scrap pieces of cardstock and a few little extras! Over at Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps, we are challenging ourselves to use up some of our extra scraps and put them to good use on cards. There is a OWH tutorial to give you a little direction along these lines as well! So let this be a challenge to you: go forth and use up some of those precious scraps! I will post more cards using up left-overs here as well. Thanks for stopping by today!
1 Comment | tags: butterflies, cardmaking, die cuts, flora, stamping | posted in Challenges, OWH
- Stamps – Stampendous “Birch Buddies” and Hero Arts “Everyday Sayings”
- Patterned papers – My Mind’s Eye “So Sophie: Possibilities” and SEI “Claire: Winsome”
- Die cut made with Spellbinders Nestabilities “Labels Twenty”
This is a simple card I made using Sketch #161 at Card Positioning Systems (CPS). I was also inspired to try the color challenge at Operation Write Home Stars and Stamp: Turquoise and Brown. I do like this color combination. I used some patterned paper scraps that worked together well, added some accents with Copic markers to the stamped image and layered the sentiment to make it stand out. I hope it will be a nice one for one of our deployed troops to use to write home. Thanks for stopping by!
3 Comments | posted in Challenges, Clean & Simple, CPS, General Cards, OWH
- Patterned papers – Canvas Corp “Black on Kraft Damask” and “White on Kraft Damask”
- Alphabet – American Crafts Thickers, “Delight” foam stickers
- Die cut made with Spellbinder’s Nestabilities “Lacey Circles”
- Embossing folder – Cuttlebug “Polka Dots”
This was a really fun sketch to use. It is Sketch #117 at Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps, and the current sketch challenge. You can use a variety of papers together (which can be dangerous!) and it is symmetrical, which keeps a little formality to the design. I added some texture with the polka dot embossing folder and popped up the circle containing the sentiment to add to the dimension. I will add this to my Father’s Day/Dad cards for Operation Write Home. Thanks for your visit today.
1 Comment | posted in Challenges, Father's Day, OWH
- Digital Stamp – TLC creations
- Sentiment stamp – Penny Black “”Sweet Wishes”
- Patterned papers – My Mind’s Eye “Mary Mary Happy Birthday” (both sides)
- Die cut – made from Spellbinder’s Nestabililities “Lacey Circles”
- Button Candy Dots – Pebbles, Inc.
I used the Card Patterns Sketch #161 for this card, which features one of the bear images from the latest challenge. I used an image from the current Progressive Freebies Challenge at Crafter’s Digital Art Center. This is a festive birthday card that I’ll forward on for Operation Write Home soon. Thanks for visiting today.
2 Comments | tags: cardmaking, die cuts, stamping | posted in Birthday Card, Card Patterns, CDAC, Challenges, Digital image
- Patterned papers – Basic Grey “Hello Luscious: Honeyed”
- Patterned cardstock: BoBunny “DoubleDot: Chiffon Journal and Coffee Journal”
- Stickers – Pebbles “ABC Stickers”
I used Sketch #153 at Unscripted Sketches as inspiration for this clean and simple card. This sketch is part of the Third Blogiversary celebration at Unscripted Sketches, where there is a different sketch every week. I made a “Dad” card for my shipment to Operation Write Home, since we are trying to make a lot of Father’s Day and Dad cards this month for the troops to use to send home. I added faux stitching to the edges of all the elements to add a little more detail. Thanks for stopping by.
6 Comments | posted in Challenges, Father's Day, OWH, Unscripted Sketches
- Stamps – Cat’s Pajamas “Away We Go” clear set and Hero Arts “Year Round Sentiments” clear set
- Patterned paper – Die Cuts with a View “Dragonfly Flower”
- Die cut made with Spellbinders Nestabilities “Labels Nine”
- Flowers – Prima
- Pearls – KaiserCraft
- Glitter dots – Mark Richards
This is a sparkly birthday card for my great niece. I am getting it to her late, but it has a bunny on it in time for Easter! I used the current card sketch at Card Patterns this week: Sketch #160. I’ve had the image colored for quite some time with Copic markers, but just didn’t find the right combination of papers and sketch for it. I like having the contrasting lights and darks with such busy paper. The sentiment is heat embossed with white embossing powder so that it stands out. And there is a lot of sparkle for a six year old! Thanks for visiting today and Happy Easter!
1 Comment | tags: cardmaking, Cat's Pajamas, die cuts, spellbinders, stamping | posted in Birthday, Card Patterns, Challenges, Children's Designs, Coloring, TCP
- Patterned paper – Basic Grey “Out of Print: publication”
- Border punch – EK Success Edger Punch “Morocco Lace”
- Stamp – Hero Arts “Flourish Birthday”
- Chipboard adhesive butterfly – K & Company “Flora & Fauna Butterfly”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
This is a wonderful sketch over at Clean & Simple Stamping right now: Clean and Simple Sketch #184. The overlapping of border punched strips is very effective and can make really amazing designs. Now that I tried this punch I want to try some others! Depending on the punch it can be nice with patterned papers, too, but there was too much detail in my chosen punch to make that work well in this case. Thanks for stopping by today.
1 Comment | tags: butterflies, cardmaking, clean and simple stamping, stamping | posted in Birthday Card, Clean & Simple
- Image – Lisa Vollrath & Ten Two Studios
- Patterned paper – KaiserCraft “Hunt and Gather” 6 X 6″ pad
- Die cut made from Spellbinders Nestabilities “Standard Circles Large”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Crafter’s Cord – Hemptique “Vintage”
I made this card using the current sketch: #152 at Unscripted Sketches. The colors are quite muted, but kind of pleasant that way. This card will go in my next box for Operation Write Home (OWH), since we are trying to make lots of Father’s Day cards for the heroes to send home. The Our Daily Bread Designs (ODBD) Challenge on OWH Stars and Stamps for April is to feature an animal on a card. I have a collection of fish images from Lisa Vollrath and Ten Two Studios that I though work well for Father’s Day cards. So that was my animal of choice! The really cool thing about this challenge is that for every 25 cards we make, ODBD pays for the shipping of a box of cards to our deployed troops. We have been making at least 50 every month that ODBD has sponsored this challenge. That is a big help! Thanks for visiting today.
4 Comments | posted in Challenges, Father's Day, OWH, Unscripted Sketches