- Stamps –
- Stamper’s Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection “Little Things”
- Hero Arts “Petite Birthday”
- Patterned paper – BoBunny “Enchanted Garden Periodical”
- Ranger Distress Collage Medium – Crazing
- Washi tape – Little B and Tim Holtz Ideaology Tissue Tape – “Sketchbook”
- Stencil – Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection “Houndstooth”
- Ephemera – Tim Holtz Idea-ology Paper Dolls, Thrift Shop
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I created this card for my brother-in-law’s birthday. I started with the BoBunny paper, which I lightly gessoed and layered some ephemera and tape on top. I covered the entire surface with collage medium. I applied some Distress inks through a stencil and more inks with a sponge applicator to add some more color. Once everything was dry, I stamped the globe and postage stamp images, along with the birthday sentiment. Finally I adhered the whole panel onto a card base. Thanks for visiting.
Challenge: Crafting by Designs “For the Boys”
- Stamps –
- Art Gone Wild “Fancy Florals”
- Kodomo “Happy Birthday”
- Ink – Ranger Distress – Picked Raspberry
- Sequins – Doodlebug Designs, Inc.
- Glitter – Ranger Stickles – Diamond
- Cardstock – Neenah Solar White and BoBunny Back-To-Back Dots
I created this card as a one-layer card with the exception of the sentiment. I stamped the flower stamp, masking it so I could overlap flowers. I added the more solid “background” on the left-hand side by applying ink to my Gelli Plate. I cut around some of the flowers on the right side for some visual initerest. For the flower centers, I added glitter with Stickles, and then scattered a few sequins around the flowers for a little more shine. Finally I added the birthday sentiment. Thanks for stopping by.
Crafty Creations Challenge #367 – Anything Goes
Paper Players Challenge #394 – Clean and Simple “Bloom”
- Patterned papers – Doodlebug Designs “DragonTales” Collection
- Stamp – Paper Smooches “Huge Hugs 2”
- Candy Buttons – Basic Grey “Capture”
- Cardstock – Bazzill and Paper Accents
This was a fun card to make. A cardmaking friend has a relative with kids who need some cheering up, so this is a card I’ve made for the cause. I love these dragons. I’ve had the sentiment stamp and the little epoxy stickers for years!
Shopping Our Stash #354 “For the Kids”
- Gel prints from my stash (using acrylic paint, stencils, found objects)
- Stamp – Altenew “Fresh Freesia”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Ink – VersaFine Clair “Medieval Blue”
- Sheer Shimmer Spritz – Gold – Imagine Crafts
I created these cards using scraps of gel prints that I printed long ago. I used stencils when I made the prints used in the first card, one is from The Crafter’s Workshop called “Aboriginal” (the smaller panel) and the other is a stencil I borrowed and I can’t determine the company who produced it. I also spritzed the final card with some sheer gold spray for a little shimmer. The second card featured green gold acrylic paint, so it already had a pretty gold metallic look. I have many, many prints in my stash because I’ve taught classes in printing and done it on my own so I have lots to play with as a result. Some I use in my art journals, but I have been enjoying using them in cards lately. For both cards, after I cut them into panels I edged them in a darker ink to “finish” them nicely. I also matted the pieces with cardstock and added the birthday sentiment. Thanks for visiting today.
Challenge: Hiding in my Craft Room – HIMCR #352 – Super Scraps Saturday