- Stamp – Technique Tuesday – Greenhouse Society Series: Columbine
- Dies – Spellbinders Nestabilities – Labels Twenty
- Border Punch – EK Success – Swiss Cheese
- Cardstock – BoBunny Double Dot – Paprika and Orange Citrus
I colored this image with Sakura Glaze pens and added accent dots with a white gel pen. I created this card for a polka dot challenge, so I went a little crazy with the dotted cardstock and the border punch with lots of dots. We have columbines blooming around here in the summer, so I really like this image. Thanks for visiting.
- Dies – Sizzix Thinlets – Tim Holtz “Detailed Butterflies”
- Stamp – Simon Says Stamp “Square Sayings”
- Patterned paper – Basic Grey Lemonade Collection: “Pretty Petals”
- Ranger – Dina Wakley Clear Gesso
- Ranger – Tim Holtz Distress Crayons
- Ranger Texture Paste
- Stencil – The Crafter’s Workshop “Tiny Circles” 6 X 6″ stencil
- Sequins – Simon Says Stamp – Assorted Moonshine
- Inks Sprays – Dylusions White Linen, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist assorted colors
- Cardstock – Bazzill
This was such a fun project! I made it over a period of time, since I created the background while playing with patterned papers, texture paste and stencils, and ink sprays with some friends. I made a lot of different backgrounds with many layers of ink and texture. Then I got my hands on the Distress Crayons and butterfly dies and put together some different butterflies to use on something someday, coloring the butterfly base with the crayons and cutting the details from a contrasting cardstock. I stared at my backgrounds and the butterflies and finally put the pieces together in this birthday card! The final card fits perfectly for the current challenge at Simon Says Stamp for the Monday Challenge Blog Butterfly Beauty Challenge. Thanks for stopping by!
- Dies – Spellbinders “Foxy” and Lawn Fawn “Happy Birthday Border”
- Patterned paper – Basic Grey “Hillside” collection (6″ X 6″ paper pad)
- Washi tape – Love My Tapes and We R Memory Keepers
- Cardstock – WorldWin and Bazzill
I created this clean and simple card featuring the cute fox die cut from Spellbinders. I used the sketch: Freshly Made Sketches #232, with a couple of strips of Washi tape. I attached the black die-cut sentiment so that it connected to the black mat to tie the design together. Thanks for visiting.
- Stamp – Ranger – Dina Wakley “Scribbly Birds”
- Patterned paper – Basic Grey – “Urban Luxe”
- Die cut (Hi There) – Basic Grey – “Urban Luxe”
- Twine – American Crafts
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
First I stamped the bird with black ink and then colored different areas with brightly colored Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. I applied water with a water brush and blended the colors to complete the bird image. I found some patterned paper in my stash that matched well for the background. I used Freshly Made Sketches Challenge Sketch #237 as inspiration for this card. Thanks for visiting.