- Dies –
- Sizzix – Tim Holtz Alterations “Chevron”
- Simon Says Stamp – “Stamptember Thanks”
- Patterned papers – My Mind’s Eye – “Confetti: Celebrate Boy ‘Dots,’ ‘Harlequin’ and ‘Yellow Green’
- Sequins – Doodlebug Designs
For this challenge, the CAS-ual Friday Challenge #135, I was to use felt and sequins. It is really fun to cut felt with dies–at least when you’ve got good felt. I hadn’t tried it with this Tim Holtz chevron die, but it worked well. I then used the same die to cut some polka dot paper and fit the inner pieces into the felt openings for a pretty interesting combination. The polka dot paper coordinates with the harlequin paper in the background. Then I adhered some well-matched sequins from my stash to add some interest. I chose another die cut for the sentiment, making it in a contrasting color so that it would stand out enough to be legible! Lots of angles! Thanks for visiting.
- Stamp – Hero Arts “Everyday Sayings”
- Patterned Paper – We R Memory Keepers “Winter Frost Collection: Frost”
- Dies – Memory Box “Valerian Flourish” and Spellbinders Nestabilities “Labels Nine” and “Standard Circles Large”
- Black Pearls – KaiserCraft
- Cardstock – WorldWin and Bazzill
I really like to use the color gray in design. It is a neutral with so many possibilities. This week’s CAS-ual Friday challenge (CFC129) is to use at least two shades of gray in a clean and simple project. I have used several different colors of gray (one silver-y gray!) cardstock and there are grays in the patterned paper also. I gave this card to my husband for our 20th wedding anniversary, which we celebrated yesterday. Thanks for stopping by.
- Die – Memory Box “Secret Squirrel”
- Die – Memory Box “Mini Heart Collection”
- Die – Simon Says Stamp “Medium Tags”
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Standard Circles Large”
- Stamp – Simon Says Stamp “Tag Sayings”
- Patterned paper – SEI “With All My Heart”
- Pearls – KaiserCraft
- Heart Rain Dots – Cloud 9 Design
- Paper String – Tim Holtz Idea-ology
- Glitter pen – Sakura Gelly Roll – Clear Star
- Cardstock – Bazzill
It is always good to incorporate a squirrel into any card! This Valentine is for my son, who is rather fond of these furry creatures. This design, which I made up as I went, is pretty fun with some of the elements extending over the edge of the card base. CAS-ual Friday Challenge #127 this week is to do just that. It also is a perfect card for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Have a Heart. I pulled a number of different supplies out of my stash for this. There was glitter and shine in the paper, stickers, and faux stitching that I drew around the edges with glitter pen. The only thing that I hadn’t used before was the patterned paper and the squirrel die. Since I was pretty much snowed-in, I had to use my stash, right? So I guess this is appropriate to post for the Shopping Our Stash Challenge #137: Love Me Tender. Thanks for visiting today.
- Dies – Impression Obsession “Vintage Ornament,” Elizabeth Craft Designs “Sprig with Berries,” and Penny Black “Love and Joy”
- Embossing folder – Cuttlebug “Christmas”
- Cardstock – Bazzill and BoBunny
- WorldWin translucent vellum “Frost Iridescent”
- Silver mirror cardstock
This card is made up of die cuts and embossing–no stamping! Not only that, I combined dies from three different companies, which made it kind of fun! It is also fitting for the CAS-ual Fridays Clean and Simple Challenge #122 “Out on a Limb.” Thanks for stopping by today.