- Stamps – Avery Elle “Petals & Stems” and Inkadinkado “Expressions”
- Dies – Spellbinders “Vintage Labels Three”
- Patterned papers – Creative Imaginations “Christine Adolph: Boho” paper pad and Basic Grey “Out of Print” 6 X 6″ paper pad
- Border punch – EK Success “Open Scallop”
- Cardstock – BoBunny and Bazzill
The design for this card was inspired by the Super Sketchy Sunday Sketch – Day 195. I stamped the flower stamp and leaves and added some lines with a fine-tip Micron pen, which brings out the black paper accents. I also added faux stitching around the smaller die cut and at the top and bottom borders to tie the elements together. Thanks for checking in.
- Stamps – My Favorite Things “Flopsy Goes Camping”
- Stencil – The Crafter’s Workshop “Quatrefoil” by Ronda Palazzari
- Patterned paper – Basic Grey “Out of Print”
- Copic Markers and Ranger Distress Ink
- Cardstock – Bazzill
It is my habit to take a little bit of stamping and cardmaking stuff with me when I go camping. I set-up on a picnic table or a stump (really!) and ink away. I seem to be particularly drawn to distress techniques, since they are already kind of messy and a little dirt won’t hurt! I managed to make five cards and a couple of tags on our trip this past weekend. So in the spirit of camping, I thought I’d use this marshmallow-toasting bunny stamp I received during the OWH fundraiser. I also followed the color theory recommendations in the most recent OWH Design Bootcamp to use a major, minor and accent color for a nicely balanced palette. I created the background using Chipped Sapphire Distress ink and pounced it through the stencil. It really looks like patterned paper when it’s done. I tried to vary the application of ink so it is lighter and darker across the background, and if you use your imagination, could emulate the night sky. The little campfire is colored with Copics. The bunny is pure white and popped up for a little dimension. Thanks for visiting.