- Stamps – Art Impressions – Valentine Critters Set
- Die – AlteNew – Pierced Mat Die
- Stencil – Newton’s Nook – Tree Rings
- Patterned paper – Photoplay – Thief of Hearts
- Cardstock – Bazzill Bling and BoBunny
I made this Valentine for my son, who is an Oregon State University student (and they’re the Beavers–Go Beavs!). He is a fan of cute animals, so this is right up his alley–and mine! I colored the beaver image with Copic markers and emulated the heart motif in the patterned paper in the heart he is clutching. The tree stump is created by applying Distress ink through a stencil. This was a fun card to piece together! Thanks for stopping by.
- Stamps – Art Impressions – Valentine Critters set
- Dies –
- Spellbinders – Curvy Labels
- Mama Elephant – Heart Border
- Patterned paper – Memory Box – Sweetheart Collection
- Stickers – Mrs. Grossman’s
- Cardstock – Bazzill and BoBunny
- Copic markers
I know many people think Valentine’s Day is a marketing holiday, but I must admit to liking little hearts and cute animals on cards! And chocolate is a nice touch, too! I actually like to incorporate hearts in my mixed media work often, no matter what time of year.
I made this card for my husband. We are a cute animal loving family, so this is the first of several cute animal valentines I’ll be posting! I really like this set from Art Impressions and knew when I saw it at Creativation that I had to have it. I colored the otter with Copics. I pulled this card together by using some items that have been in my stash for years and years. The heart stickers and patterned paper are things I’ve had for at least 10 years, but I pull my Valentine-making supplies out and it keeps on giving!
Happy Valentine’s Day! Thanks for visiting today.
Challenge – Freshly Made Sketches #375