- Dies –
- Hero Arts Nesting Butterflies Infinity Dies
- Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Hearts
- Patterned papers – Authentique Romance collection: Romance Three, Romance Five, Romance Seven
- Stamp – Avery Elle – Love Puffin
- Red gems – Mark Richards – Red Dots 3mm
- Cardstock –
- Bazzill Basics Pink
- Paper Accents Red Glitter
I love these Authentique Valentine papers and layering them is right up my alley. I created a multi-layered butterfly by cutting three butterflies from three different patterns and stacking them. I edged the wings with red ink and then stitched the butterflies in the center (for the body) with embroidery floss, making the head with a french knot. See the photo below for the stitched detail.
I mounted the triple butterfly onto the die-cut heart at an angle with dimensional adhesive and bent the wings up from the center to make the wings look as though the butterfly might take flight.
I then adhered the heart with the butterfly onto the background and in turn, onto the card base. I added the stamped sentiment in the lower-right, peeking out from behind the heart. I finished accenting the card with three red gems vertically down the upper-right side.
Thanks for visiting.