- Stamp – Elizabeth Borer (free stamp with Craft Stamper magazine – July 2015 issue)
- Dies –
- Simon Says Stamp “Thanks” from Stamptember 2013
- My Favorite Things “Four Corners”
- Spellbinders Nestabilities “Standard Circles Large”
- Patterned papers – K & Co. “Pink Circle Diamonds Flat Paper” (paper that the flower is stamped on) and My Mind’s Eye “Remarkable” 6 X 6″ paper pad
- Metallic gold paper
- Gelatos – Faber Castell
I used the current Paper Players Sketch, #259, when I created this card. The larger die-cut circle is colored with a blend of Gelatos and those colors are repeated throughout the other elements. Thanks for visiting today.
2 Comments | tags: cardmaking, die cuts, Gelatos, my favorite things, Simon Says Stamp, spellbinders, stamping | posted in Challenges, Paper Players, Thank You, Uncategorized
- Dies all by Simon Says Stamp:
- Stitched Rectangles
- Merry Christmas
- Melody Snowflake
- Abby Snowflake
- Ranger Distress Ink – Tumbled Glass
- Sequins – Doodlebug Designs
- Cardstock – Neenah Solar White
I created this card for the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Group Challenge #25: White on White with a Touch of Color. I immediately thought of Winter cards for this color scheme. I applied some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink with a foam applicator for a little contrast in the background for the snowflakes. I then added sequins and Wink of Stella sparkly ink around the snowflakes for a bit more frost. Finally, I layered the white “stitched” piece onto a white card. I really enjoyed making this card! Maybe it is because our normally mild Pacific Northwest weather was in the 90s once again today! Thanks for stopping by.
1 Comment | tags: cardmaking, die cuts, distress techniques, Simon Says Stamp | posted in Challenges, Christmas, Clean & Simple, Simon Says Stamp, Winter
- Dies –
- Lawn Fawn “Scripty Thanks”
- JustRite/Spellbinders “Vintage Labels Two”
- Pengs –
- Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush Pens
- Black Sharpie
- Copic Multi-liner
- Baker’s twine – Doodlebug Designs
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I have been inspired over the past few days by Kathy Racoosen of The Daily Marker fame. She is currently hosting a “Pop-up challenge” to create with lines in your coloring projects, which is lots of fun. The first piece I’ve actually finished in card form is here. I drew lines with a Sharpie and a thinner Copic Multi-liner. I then added color to the random shapes I created with watercolor markers and blended those areas with a water brush. I then die cut the design and added the die-cut sentiment (actually two for a drop shadow effect). I created more lines with the baker’s twine on a piece of cardstock, and mounted the colored design on top with dimensional adhesive which grounded the image. I worked on this over several days, so I was pretty happy just to finish it! Thanks for visiting today.
2 Comments | tags: cardmaking, die cuts, lawn fawn, spellbinders, watercolor | posted in Challenges, Coloring, Thank You
- Dies – My Favorite Things Die-namics “Four Corners” and Spellbinders Nestabilities “Resplendent Rectangles”
- Stamp – My Favorite Things “Pretty Poppies” set
- Embossing powder – Stampendous – Lapis Pearl
- Pearls – KaiserCraft – Denim
- Cardstock – Bazzill and BoBunny
I created this card as part of My Favorite Things Summer School Lesson 11: Repetition. I used dies for the motif I repeated and heat embossed the sentiment with a pearly blue to pick up on the colors used for the dies and background. The dies create a nice rhythm down the card, drawing your eye to the sentiment. I decided to use complementary colors to make the elements pop. Thanks for stopping by.
Leave a comment | tags: cardmaking, die cuts, embossing, my favorite things, spellbinders | posted in Challenges, General Cards
- Papers – Chickaniddy Crafts 365 Collection – “Daily Schedule” and “Measured Memories”
- Stamp – Avery Elle “Oh Happy Day” sentiment set
- Cardstock – Kraft (unknown source)
- Ranger Distress Ink – Pumice Stone
This is a super simple card design because the Chickaniddy Crafts patterned papers are the focus here. I popped up the sentiment panel with dimensional adhesive and applied Distress inks to blend the edges of each element. Thanks for visiting.
Leave a comment | tags: cardmaking, chickiniddy crafts, clean and simple stamping | posted in Clean & Simple, General Cards, Uncategorized
- Stamp – from Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection “Watercolor” set
- Papers – Chickaniddy Crafts “Here’s the Story” (both sides) and “Oh Happy Day”
- Ranger Distress Markers – Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, Broken China, Spun Sugar
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I do enjoy a card sketch with a flag banner! So I found this sketch, Freshly Made Sketches #197, pretty inviting. I was asked to create a card with patterned papers from Chickaniddy Crafts at my local papercrafting store, Runaway Art & Craft Supply. I decided to use the watercolor butterfly as the focal point and selected Distress ink colors that matched the patterned papers. Thanks for visiting.
3 Comments | tags: cardmaking, distress techniques, Stamper's Anonymous, stamping, tim holtz, watercolor | posted in Challenges, Freshly Made, General Cards
- Stamp – Stampers Anonymous “Bird Crazy” set from the Tim Holtz Collection
- Patterned papers – Chickaniddy Crafts “The Good Life ” and “Daily Schedule”
- Embossing powder – Stampendous – Jade Pearl
- Cardstock – Bazzill and Neenah
I managed to make this crazy bird look a little crazier by heat embossing the image on Chickaniddy Crafts patterned paper and cutting him out. Thanks for stopping by.
Leave a comment | tags: cardmaking, embossing, fauna, Stamper's Anonymous, stamping, tim holtz | posted in General Cards, Uncategorized