- Die-cut embellishment – K & Company Tim Coffey Stitched Adornments
- Embossing folder – Sizzix “Swirls4”
- Stamp – (sentiment) PowerPoppy “Dyn amic Duos Peonies & Tulips”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
My family is working through my birthday card stash pretty quickly, so I decided to make a quick birthday card trying not to think very much. I didn’t worry about challenges or using something from a particular brand, etc. So this is what I came up with and I like it! I hope you do, too. Have a great day and thanks for visiting.
- Stamps – The Cat’s Pajamas, “This Could Be Vodka” and “Simply Stacked Sentiments”
- Dies – The Cat’s Pajamas, “Cups Duo Dies” and “Scalloped Duo Dies”
- Patterned paper – American Crafts/Amy Tangerine “Better Together: Push + Pull” (double-sided paper – both patterns shown)
- Copic markers
- Cardstock – Paper Accents
It was really fun to use some of my new stash from The Cat’s Pajamas (TCP) and create something for the current TCP challenge: #329 Thank You. I stamped and colored the kitty in the teacup, then die-cut the teacup. I repeated the handle shape with the decorative scalloped die. Thanks for visiting.
- Stamps –
- Avery Elle: “Hang In There” and “Petals and Stems”
- Stampers Anonymous “Vintage Text”
- Dies – Avery Elle: “Hang In There” and “Trees”
- Patterned paper – Bella Blvd “Time to Rake”
- Metallic copper paper
- Embossing powder – Personal Stamp Exchange – Copper
- Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist – Perfect Copper
- Ranger Distress Inks – Forest Moss, Crushed Olive, Walnut Stain, and Rusty Hinge
- Recycled Java Jacket (from Starbuck’s Coffee)
- Cardstock – Bazzill Bling
It was fun to create this card with some new supplies I got recently (and some really old supplies!). I customized the tree with a versatile die set. I can make the trunk as skinny or as fat as I want! I die-cut the bear and stamped his face with the matching stamp set. I inked him up, which in reality just made him look grubby! I created my own patterned paper with Distress Inks overstamped with the Vintage Vintage Text stamp and then sprayed with copper Perfect Pearls Mist. From that, I die-cut the leaves for the tree branch. I embossed the leaves on the tree trunk and the sentiment to tie together all of the copper elements. The backdrop within the tree trunk is a recycled Java Jacket from a cup of coffee–a nice, small little piece of lightweight corrugated cardboard. I will post this on Paper Players for the Theme Challenge #326: Going Green. The copper paper and embossing powder have been in my stash for years and years! I’ve had the Petals and Stems stamp set for quite a while also. It is fun to use new and old supplies and see how well everything will fit together. Thanks for visiting.
- Stamps –
- Catslife Press – 557C
- The Cat’s Pajamas – sentiment from The New Nice set
- Patterned paper – Authentique Classique Elegant Collection: “Elegant Five” and “Elegant Seven”
- Dies –
- Lawn Fawn – Stitched Circle Frames
- Spellbinders Nestabilities – Labels Seventeen
- Bling – Mark Richards Ltd. – Crystal Stickers, Lt. Blue 3mm
I pulled this regal kitty stamp from my stash and thought it was purrrrrfect for a New Year’s card! This is a very simple card made up of a little stamping and a little die-cutting. I inked the edges of some of the paper to repeat the light blue throughout the design. Hoping for the best in 2017! Thanks for visiting.
- Image – from World Wildlife Fund Penguins calendar 2016
- Stamp – The Cat’s Pajamas “Big Cups” (sentiment)
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Romantic Rectangles”
- Stamp – Patterned paper – Ella & Viv “Rainbow Splash #2”
- Sequins and beads – 28 Lilac Lane
I made this card in response to a challenge in my card group–we were to use an image from a calendar (recycling, you know). Not surprisingly, I have penguin calendars every year thanks to a friend of mine! So it wasn’t difficult to find a penguin or two to fit on a card. After constructing the card with paper panels and a die-cut frame, I added a few sequins with a seed bead in the center for a bit of sparkle. Thanks for visiting.
- Stamps – Darcie’s Heart & Home “Unexpected Surprises”
- Patterned papers – Carta Bella “Merry Ornaments, Merry Alphabet, and Merry Borders
- Die – Spellbinders Shapeabilities “Ironwork Motifs”
- Sequins – Doodlebug Designs
- Zig Clean Color Markers
- Cardstock – Bazzill
I’m still catching up on posting some holiday cards. This one was made with a background of paper strips using the Bargello technique. The colors are a little unorthodox, which was kind of fun for a change. I colored the image with Zig markers. Thanks for stopping by and Happy New Year!