- Stamp – My Favorite Things – “My Favorite Sentiments” set
- Stencil – The Crafter’s Workshop “Crosshatched Frags”
- Patterned paper – Basic Grey “Kissing Booth: Cupid”
- Die – Spellbinder’s Nestabilities “Standard Circles Large”
- Ranger Distress Inks – Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade
- Bling – Rhinestones – Queen & Co. and Mark Richards; Pearls – Memory Box
- Cardstock – Bazzill
This month’s Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps was to make your own background to be used on a card. I’ve been really into the backgrounds thing lately with my mixed media explorations. I thought I’d do something a little more mainstream for an OWH card, so I used Distress Inks through a stencil. This is a favorite technique of mine. I just take several colors of Distress Ink and apply it with a sponge applicator through a stencil, blending the colors. Then I stamped on top and die cut it and it looks like a piece of patterned paper. Thanks for visiting today.