- Stamp – Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection “Falling Leaves”
- Patterned paper – BoBunny “Weekend Market Collection” 6 X 6″ paper pad
- String – Tim Holtz Idea-ology Paper String
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Ranger Distress Inks: Walnut Stain, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey
For this Fall card, I used the current sketch at Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps: OWH Sketch #187. I stamped two leaves from my new Tim Holtz leaf set, which I love, and then distressed it with Ranger Distress Inks and spattered with water for a nice textured effect. I’m definitely in a distress ink phase right now–I can’t seem to get enough of that look! The paper string matches the Autumn theme as well. Thanks for stopping by.
2 Comments | tags: cardmaking, distress techniques, leaves, Stamper's Anonymous, stamping, tim holtz idea-ology | posted in Autumn, Distress Techniques, General Cards, OWH
- Squirrel Collage – Magenta “
- Oak Leaves – Inkadinkado “Leaves”
- Acorn – Impression Obsession Heart Art Studios “Acorn”
- Patterned paper – BoBunny “Trail Mix Collection” 6 X 6″ paper pad
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Ranger Distress Inks: Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Barn Door and Wild Honey
This is a birthday card for a friend who receives a squirrely card from us each year while we all go camping together. I based this card’s design on Unscripted Sketches Summer Flashback Sketch #69. I distressed the patterned paper with Ranger Distress Inks and spattered with water to create a background that matched the stamped leaves and acorns, which I distressed with the same ink colors. I popped up the acorn and one of the oak leaves with dimensional adhesive for a little 3-D effect. I created this card outside on a picnic table up in the mountains while camping. I had some chipmunk friends nearby, just to set the mood! Thanks for visiting today and Happy Birthday, Allyn!
PostScript: This card was selected as one of the Top Three cards created and posted using Unscripted Sketches Summer Flashback Sketch #69! Hurray!
2 Comments | tags: cardmaking, distress techniques, fauna, Impression Obsession, inkadinkado, Magenta stamps, stamping | posted in Autumn, Birthday Card, Distress Techniques, Unscripted Sketches