- Squirrel Collage – Magenta “
- Oak Leaves – Inkadinkado “Leaves”
- Acorn – Impression Obsession Heart Art Studios “Acorn”
- Patterned paper – BoBunny “Trail Mix Collection” 6 X 6″ paper pad
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Ranger Distress Inks: Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Barn Door and Wild Honey
This is a birthday card for a friend who receives a squirrely card from us each year while we all go camping together. I based this card’s design on Unscripted Sketches Summer Flashback Sketch #69. I distressed the patterned paper with Ranger Distress Inks and spattered with water to create a background that matched the stamped leaves and acorns, which I distressed with the same ink colors. I popped up the acorn and one of the oak leaves with dimensional adhesive for a little 3-D effect. I created this card outside on a picnic table up in the mountains while camping. I had some chipmunk friends nearby, just to set the mood! Thanks for visiting today and Happy Birthday, Allyn!
PostScript: This card was selected as one of the Top Three cards created and posted using Unscripted Sketches Summer Flashback Sketch #69! Hurray!