I hope you’re enjoying the Operation Write Home President’s Day Weekend Virtual Cardmaking Party (VCMP). Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to create a card featuring something with wings! There are lots of possibilities there! Please make a card featuring Things with Wings and post it in the InLinkz below!
Now for my offerings:
- Stamp – Inkadinkado “Sleepy Owl”
- Die cuts – made with Spellbinders Nestabilities “Labels Fifteen”
- Patterned paper – KaiserCraft “Hunt and Gather” paper pad
- Baker’s Twine – Doodlebug Design Inc. – Tangerine
- Gems – Darice – Earth tones
- Ranger Distress Ink – Dried Marigold, Dried Sage, Scattered Straw, Walnut Stain
- Cardstock – Bazzill and BoBunny
- Kraft paper
This card features an owl-y thing with wings! I added color to the edges of the image and the patterned paper with Distress Inks. I kind of made this sketch up, but I’m sure it is similar to many others! The card features baker’s twine and the sparkle of some “gems” for a little visual interest and that’s it!
And another, that includes a little science experiment!
- Stamps – Hero Arts “Sweet Butterflies”
- Avery mailing label
- Patterned paper – Basic Grey “Little Black Dress” collection
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Black embossing powder
- Edger punch – Martha Stewart “Garden Rail”
I used a technique I learned in the January issue of Craft Stamper magazine for this card. Basically, you take a mailing label, peel off the backing, apply embossing powder on the sticky side and heat emboss. It makes an interesting, crackle background. It is a quick and easy technique that is pretty unexpected. Then I cut out the butterfly images that I stamped and colored with Ranger Distress markers. I put all the pieces together and had a card! Thanks for visiting today! Enjoy the party! This link will get you back to the VCMP’s master thread.
And if you’d like to try for a little blog candy, please leave a comment and a random winner will be selected on Tuesday! You could win these stamps to help you create more Things with Wings!