- Stamps – The Cat’s Pajamas “Away We Go” set
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Nested Oval Medallion Labels”
- Patterened paper – Echo Park Paper “Everyday Eclectic: Hexagons”
- Enamel dots – Doodlebug Designs “Limeade”
- Pearls – Hero Arts “Foliage”
This card is for The Cat’s Pajamas Tuesday Challenge #272. This week’s theme is to use Mint Green, Navy Blue and Lemon Yellow in a card. I colored the bunny image with Copic markers and fussy cut it so it could stand out on the navy die cut. I accented the elements with minty enamel dots and pearls. I used Sketch # 148 at Freshly Made Sketches for design inspiration for this card. I liked this sketch because it gave me a nice, large area for the main image. Thanks for stopping by.
- Stamps – Clearly Besotted “Up in the Air”
- Dies – Clearly Besotted “Up in the Air”
- Patterned papers – from My Mind’s Eye “Find you wings and fly” 6 X 6″ paper pad
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Inks – Hero Arts and Versafine
I have always liked hot air balloons and this stamp set and matching dies are really fun to use. They were a recent acquisition! I stamped some with colored ink and others on patterned paper. I tried to match my ink to the colors in the paper collection. the balloons are popped up with dimensional adhesive. I used Sketch #235 at Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps for inspiration. Thanks for visiting.
- Balloon and double clouds – Verve Stamps “Up Up & Away”
- Banner – Penny Black “Sweet Wishes”
- Single cloud, hearts and sentiment – Hero Arts “Right at Home”
- Patterned papers – BoBunny Back to Backs (powder blue) and DCWV “Nana’s Nursery: Baby Boy” collection (yellow)
- Baker’s twine – Doodlebug Design, Inc.
This was a fun card to make, sort of like putting a puzzle together. I used the Case Study Challenge #96 card for inspiration and went from there, using a hot air balloon instead of an airplane. I used three different stamp sets from three different companies, popped some of the elements up and kept some flat to the card just to help portray the “flight” involved here! And the saying is perfect for an Operation Write Home card (since it is from one of Hero Arts’ OWH sets), so it will definitely go in my box to the troops. I also continued on with the OWH midweek throwdown challenge colors of yellow and blue, since it fit the design so perfectly! Have a pleasant day!
- Stamps – from Verve stamps “Up, Up & Away” set
- Patterned paper – American Crafts “Campy Trails: Elk Creek Trail”
- Cloud template – Inky Antics
- Stickers – EK Success “Dots Pastels”
- Cardstock – Bazzill Basics and BoBunny Dot to Dots
This is a card for the Rebellious OWHers who are making cards instead of scrapbooking on National Scrapbooking Day! I decided to paper piece a hot air balloon for this card. I stamped the balloon three times twice on patterned papers and once on white to get some variety on the balloon to piece with. When it was all assembled, I used a stipple brush and my cloud template to create the background. Ironically, I got this template just before the tutorial on OWH this past week on how to make clouds! Enjoy the weekend and the opportunity, should you choose to participate, to make lots of cards for Operation Write Home! My challenge is coming up at 5pm Eastern Time today (8pm Pacific). Come back and join me for more fun! Thanks for stopping by!