- Stamps – Penny Black “Flower Festival” and “Sweet Wishes” and Printworks “Thank You”
- Dies – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Labels Twenty”
- Stampendous white and iridescent Embossing Powders
- Watercolors – Twinkling H2Os
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Bling – Mark Richards Ltd.
This card started out with the image stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed with white embossing powder. I then colored the hydrangea with Twinkling H2Os. The embossing powder provided a strong outline and acted as a resist for the watercolor. The outline on the sentiment flag is another Penny black stamp that I heat embossed with some iridescent embossing powder.
I was inspired by Debby Hughes, who is the muse for CASE Study #207 at the CASE Study Blog. I have taken a number of Online Card Classes during which Debby was a guest designer and I’m familiar with her style. Here is a closer look at some detail on my card. Thanks for visiting.
- Balloon and double clouds – Verve Stamps “Up Up & Away”
- Banner – Penny Black “Sweet Wishes”
- Single cloud, hearts and sentiment – Hero Arts “Right at Home”
- Patterned papers – BoBunny Back to Backs (powder blue) and DCWV “Nana’s Nursery: Baby Boy” collection (yellow)
- Baker’s twine – Doodlebug Design, Inc.
This was a fun card to make, sort of like putting a puzzle together. I used the Case Study Challenge #96 card for inspiration and went from there, using a hot air balloon instead of an airplane. I used three different stamp sets from three different companies, popped some of the elements up and kept some flat to the card just to help portray the “flight” involved here! And the saying is perfect for an Operation Write Home card (since it is from one of Hero Arts’ OWH sets), so it will definitely go in my box to the troops. I also continued on with the OWH midweek throwdown challenge colors of yellow and blue, since it fit the design so perfectly! Have a pleasant day!