- Stamp – Stamper’s Anonymous/Tim Holtz Collection – Mini Blueprints – CMS 136 (bat)
- Stencil – Stamper’s Anonymous/Tim Holtz Collection – Shatter – THS 014
- Patterned paper – Tim Holtz Idea-ology – Kraft Stock 8 X 8″ pad – Halloween – TH93609
- Twine – Tim Holtz Idea-ology – Jute String – Halloween – TH93315
- Inks –
- Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Oxides: Spiced Marmalade, Black Soot, Dusty Concord, and Shaded Lilac
- Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress: Dusty Concord, Chipped Sapphire
- Metallic Sticker – Tim Holtz Idea-ology – Quotations – TH93559
I started out creating backgrounds with no other plan but to make some Distress Oxide backgrounds using Halloween-y colors. The background for this card started out with Spiced Marmalade, Black Soot and Dusty Concord and lots of water and leaving some white space. I then applied Shaded Lilac Distress Oxide ink through the Shatter stencil. I edged it with Black Soot and added a little more water splatters to the blended inks.
Meanwhile, I stamped the bat in black Archival ink on white cardstock and trimmed away the labeling on the image. I colored it by blending Dusty Concord and Chipped Sapphire (regular) Distress ink to color the bat. I then adhered it to the background with dimensional adhesive. I added the “Free to Fly” sticker to the scene. I assembled the card by adhering the patterned paper to a card base, tying the twine around the top of the bat scene and adhering it all onto the card.
This was a fun one! Thanks for stopping by. For a closer look: