- Stamps – Lawn Fawn “Coaster Critters”
- Dies – Lawn Fawn “Coaster Critters,” “Coaster Critters Slide on Over Add-on,” “Outside In Stitched Scalloped Square Stackables,” and “Stitched Hillside Borders”
- Patterned paper – Lawn Fawn “High Seas” from Beachside Collection
- Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink – Blueprint Sketch, Faded Jeans, Broken China
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Copic markers
- Detail White Embossing Powder
I was very proud to create this interactive card and have it work correctly the first time! This is Trenton’s birthday card (20th! Yikes!). He always likes critter cards, so I think it will be a hit.
I started out by creating the Distress Oxide paper using three different blue inks and lots of water drops. I used this for the sky in my scene. I cut it out using the scalloped square die and did the same with bright green cardstock. I then cut “hills” from the green and layered them onto the blue piece. I stamped, colored (with Copics) and cut out all of the roller coaster and critter pieces. I die-cut the slider with the roller coaster in place and then popped up the background, attached the pieces and inserted a penny with the roller coaster car adhered to it, into the slot. The bunny in the roller coaster car slides along the roller coaster very nicely! Love it! I heat-embossed the sentiment onto a strip of red cardstock and cut fish-tail flags on either end. I adhered all of the pieces onto a card base, making a 5-1/2″ X 5-1/2″ square card. I confess to playing with it, sliding the bunny car back and forth, before I put it in the mail. It is only slightly used!
Happy Birthday, Trenton!
Challenge: Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #37 – Something Old, Something New – I used “Stitched Hillside Borders” and the “High Seas” paper with the “Coaster Critters” stamps and dies, which I had never used before.
Thanks for stopping by!