- Die – Spellbinders “Wishing Expressions” stamp and die set
- Stamps –
- Stampers Anonymus/Tim Holtz “Falling Leaves”
- Spellbinders “Wishing Expressions” stamp and die set
- Stencils – Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz “Autumn,””Ornate,” “Burlap,” and “Dotted”
- Texture paste – Prima Art Basics Light Texture Paste
- Distress Inks: Wild Honey, Fossilized Amber, Carved Pumpkin, Forest Moss, Rusty Hinge, Walnut Stain, and Aged Mahogany
- Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Mica Spray – Brushed Pewter
- Ranger Perfect Pearls Perfect Copper Spray
- Tim Holtz Ideaolgy Tissue Wrap (plain)
- Cardstock – Bazzill
This was one of those backgrounds that involved layers and layers, which is one of my favorite things! I began by stenciling texture paste through the leaf stencil onto smooth Bristol paper and allowed it to dry. I stamped some leaves on tissue wrap and added them with gel medium onto the piece. Then I added and blended Distress Inks to cover the background with color. I stenciled some pattern as well with the ink until I was pleased with the colors and overall appearance. For some final sparkle, I sprayed and spattered some copper and pewter inks in a couple of places. I added the die cut and stamped sentiment, then tied the charm and twine onto the card with the Freshly Made Sketches sketch as inspiration. I mounted the card front onto the card base with an extra vertical strip of cardstock for visual balance. Thanks for visiting.
Challenge: Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #349
August 13th, 2018 at 1:06 pm
This is like a little piece of art. I love all of the gorgeous colors and texture. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!
August 13th, 2018 at 7:43 pm
What a fall beauty this is! Lovely background makes me ready for cool crisp air. So glad to see you this week at FMS!
August 14th, 2018 at 8:49 am
Love! Fall colors and leaves are always a favorite.