- Stamps – The Cat’s Pajamas “Friendship”
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities “Labels Fifteen”
- Patterned paper – BoBunny “Black Tie Affair Diamonds”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- American Crafts Glitter Buttons
- Twine – Doodlebug
I created this card for an exchange called “All About Me,” for which we all made a card that reflected us in some way. So I figured I had to have a penguin or two, and when I saw this sentiment I knew it was appropriate. Laughing is a good way to pass the time! Once I stamped the penguins, I colored the beaks, feet and phone with Sakura sparkle gel pens. I put together the elements a little off-kilter, which also seemed to kind of represent me! Thanks for visiting.
Challenge: Cute Card Thursday – Challenge 540 – Too Cute!
- Stamps – Lawn Fawn “Critter Concert”
- Dies – Lawn Fawn “Critter Concert,” “Shadow Box Card,” “Shadow Box Card Theater Add-On,” and “Little Music Notes”
- Patterned paper – Lawn Fawn “Really Rainbow” petite paper pad
I love the Lawn Fawn stamp and die sets featuring talented animals playing band instruments. They’re the best! Then when I saw the little theater stage pieces that I could add onto the shadow box, I knew I had to build one! The really cool thing is that it will fold flat and slip right into an envelope if I want to mail one to someone.
Here is a shot from above the box–it is hard to share a good view of this little 3-D box.
I colored the animals with Copic markers. I then created a small scene on the stage with the bear and bird, and also decorated the sides of the box with other animals in the band and some musical notes. It is so fun to work with these critters and the little theater. Thanks for stopping by.
Challenge: Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #33: Fun Folds
- Stamps – Lawn Fawn: “You are Sublime,” and “Push Here” sets
- Dies – Lawn Fawn: “You are Sublime,” “Lift the Flap Circles,” and “Porthole Frames”
- Copic markers
- Embossing powder – Ranger -Silver Pearl
- Cardstock – BoBunny and Paper Accents
This card was very fun to make. I die-cut the round flap, making a window in the top piece of grey cardstock. I colored my cast of characters with Copic markers and created the scene with the sea creatures in a layer underneath on light blue cardstock and adhered it behind the opening in the grey cardstock. I added the porthole frame around the circle flap and stamped “open” on the flap tab. The tab can then be tucked into the porthole frame. I colored the submarine image with metallic gel pens and adhered it to the outside of the flap. I then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment, adhering it to the bottom of the front panel. I then adhered the grey cardstock to the polka-dot, top fold card base. As always, Lawn Fawn has produced some great stamps and dies to create scenes with. I’m only getting started! Thanks for visiting.
Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #32 – Inspiration Board
Create and Makes Challenge #22 “Anything Goes”
Paper Craft Crew Challenge #297 “By the Sea”