- Stamp – Stampers Anonymous: The Art of Brett Weldele “Barks Marvin: The Crime Solving Dog”
- Stencils – Stampers Anonymous: Tim Holtz Collection “Cargo” and “Grid Dot”
- Alphabet stickers – Making Memories “Mini Shimmer Alpha”
- Wooden embellishments – Kaisercraft Flourishes “Pets”
- Distress Oxide inks – Ranger Ink – Broken China, Cracked Pistachio and Faded Jeans
- Texture Paste – Ranger Ink – Transparent Matte
I made this card for a friend who turned 50. I worked with him for a long time, and always joked with him that I raised him from a the time he was a pup! So this card came together appropriately! It is hard to see the details in this photo (he took the picture for me–I had forgotten to do it before I gave it to him–oops!), but there are a lot of layers and textures. I started out by applying Distress Oxide inks and water to the media board in a number of layers, drying after each application. Then I added transparent texture paste through the grid stencil and added more ink. I then stenciled the numbers (50) from the “Cargo” stencil. The dog stamp was designed by Brett Weldele, who is a local artist here in Salem. Thanks for visiting.
One layer card with animal – Animal Friends Challenge
Texture – Happy Little Stampers July Mixed Media Challenge
July 25th, 2017 at 11:01 pm
This is so neat, love the story with your card. I bet he enjoyed it a lot.
July 26th, 2017 at 3:01 am
This is fab. I love how personal it is, such a lovely story. That stamp is great, too, such an unusual image
July 31st, 2017 at 6:09 pm
fun card, love the background and great card for a young pup who got OLD
thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers