- Stamps – Lawn Fawn – “Wild for You”
- Dies –
- Lawn Fawn – “Wild for You,” “Grassy Hillside Borders,” “Simple Gift Card Slots,” and “Lift the Flap”
- Sizzix – Tim Holtz Alterations “Celebrate” (inside “Happy Birthday” sentiment)
- Little B – “Rectangle”
- Copic markers
- Patterned paper – BoBunny – “Serendipity”
- Cardstock – Bazzill
If I’m going to play with cuteness, the Lawn Fawn animals are always at the top of my list! This new “Wild for You” set is no exception. I colored the stamped images with Copics and cut them out with the matching dies. I made sure they donned some party hats and crowns.
I cut the rectangle and then used the “Lift the Flap” die to hold the gift card that were placed in slots created by the slots die (inside shown in photo above). These dies worked as slick as a whistle. I used a portion of grass cut with the grass border die to ground the animals and adhered all of them to the card front. A great little package. Inside the card is the birthday greeting.
I’m posting this card to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Furry Friends and to the Mod Squad Birthday Bash Challenge.
Thanks for visiting.
- Stamps – Stampendous- Laurel Burch “Indigo Cats”
- Dies – Stampendous- Laurel Burch “Indigo Cats”
- Copic markers
- Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magicals – Golden Sleigh Bells, Tibetan Poppy Teal, and Witch’s Potion Purple
- Art Basics Light Texture Paste
- Stencil – Stampendous – included in Laurel Burch “Indigo Cats” stamp set
- Ranger – Dina Wakley Media Mica Spray – Lapis
- Cardstock – Paper Accents
I began this card by coloring the stamped cat and butterflies with Copic markers and then die cut the images. I created the background by starting with clear gesso, and then applying the texture paste through the matching stencil.
I liked the idea of repeating the triangles in the background that are featured on the cat. I then sprinkled Magicals and sprayed with water and mica spray, spattering more Magicals to create the effect I was aiming for.
I continued to play, moving the color around, but finally left it alone and let it dry! I adhered the images and layered it onto matching cardstock.
I am posting this card to Craft Stamper Magazine’s May Anything Goes Stamping Challenge. Happy Little Stampers May Mixed Media Challenge is “Splats,” so I think this works! I’m also linking back to My Colorful Scoop’s Color May Inspiration Challenge. And one more time, Mom, Happy Birthday! Thanks for stopping by.
Above is a detail showing some of the texture and colors.
- Stamps – Ranger – Dina Wakley Media “Scribbly Flowers” (flower and sentiment)
- Paint – Dina Wakley Media acrylic paints
- Dina Wakley Media scribble sticks
- Dina Wakley Media Tape
- Washi tape
- Hampton Art KI Memories Yellow gems
- Handmade paper – Teal
- Cardstock – Black – Bazzill
I created this brightly colored, mixed media card by brushing on acrylic paints in the background, and accenting the stamped image with Scribble Sticks. I stamped the quote on Dina’s Media Tape, which is sort of like homemade Washi tape (I scribbled on it also). I added a thin strip of patterned Washi tape I had in my stash as well. I’m entering this card in the Creative Artiste’s Challenge #26, which is to create using mixed media. Thanks for visiting.