- Stamps – Stampendous- Laurel Burch “Indigo Cats”
- Dies – Stampendous- Laurel Burch “Indigo Cats”
- Copic markers
- Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magicals – Golden Sleigh Bells, Tibetan Poppy Teal, and Witch’s Potion Purple
- Art Basics Light Texture Paste
- Stencil – Stampendous – included in Laurel Burch “Indigo Cats” stamp set
- Ranger – Dina Wakley Media Mica Spray – Lapis
- Cardstock – Paper Accents
I began this card by coloring the stamped cat and butterflies with Copic markers and then die cut the images. I created the background by starting with clear gesso, and then applying the texture paste through the matching stencil.
I liked the idea of repeating the triangles in the background that are featured on the cat. I then sprinkled Magicals and sprayed with water and mica spray, spattering more Magicals to create the effect I was aiming for.
I continued to play, moving the color around, but finally left it alone and let it dry! I adhered the images and layered it onto matching cardstock.
I am posting this card to Craft Stamper Magazine’s May Anything Goes Stamping Challenge. Happy Little Stampers May Mixed Media Challenge is “Splats,” so I think this works! I’m also linking back to My Colorful Scoop’s Color May Inspiration Challenge. And one more time, Mom, Happy Birthday! Thanks for stopping by.
Above is a detail showing some of the texture and colors.
May 24th, 2017 at 6:53 am
This is gorgeous, love your background and your cat and butterflies are just perfect with it.
May 24th, 2017 at 7:07 am
Very cool, great texture and just love the colors!!
May 24th, 2017 at 9:46 am
Fun card! Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It!
May 24th, 2017 at 5:12 pm
I really like this card. Great colors. Thanks for joining us.
August 17th, 2017 at 9:07 am
Love this! Great details and colors.