- Paper mache’ pumpkin – Fab Lab
- Dina Wakley Media white gesso
- Dina Wakley Media acrylic paints – Cheddar, Ruby, Umber, Tangerine, and Evergreen
- Prima Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint – Sparks Ginger Magic
- Prima Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint – Opal Magic Violet Green
- Finnabair Art Extravagance Texture Paste – White Sand
- Prima Art Alchemy Metallique Wax – Rich Copper
- Finnabair Art Basics 3D Matte Gel
- Finnabair Art Ingredients Glass Glitter – Pearl
I bought this paper mache’ pumpkin for 70% off a couple of weeks ago and had no specific plan. I just thought it would be fun to paint it and use some of the many mediums I have collected! I also saw John Creighton Petersen’s magical pumpkin last week and was inspired.
So I started applying layers of paint and texture, beginning with gesso and then with a variety of Dina Wakley Media acrylic paints. Then I started adding some sparkle and shine with some Prima paints, followed by some White Sand Finnabair texture paste. That stuff really gave it the effect I was looking for. I added some more paint here and there and then applied the Prima Rich Copper Metallique Wax to add some shadows and color variation. Finally, I added 3D Matte Gel to the top of the pumpkin and partway down in spots and patted on (carefully!) the pearl glass glitter. It made it look like there is frost on my pumpkin! Great fun!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Halloween!