- Stamp – Memory Box “Tree Border”
- Patterned cardstock – BoBunny “Powder Blue Vintage,”Powder Blue Flourish”
- Pearls – Prima “Say it in Pearls: Slip Center Grey”
- Patterned paper – Melissa Frances “Betty Ann”
This card featured my first real mirrored image attempt for the 365 cards Day 185 challenge: Mirror Image. I used the Memory Box “Tree Border” stamp and the watercolor technique with Distress Inks. I stamped with a Distress Ink pad and then touched up the stamp (direct to rubber) with a couple more colors of Distress Ink Markers. Then I gave it a little spritz of water and stamped onto watercolor paper for the reflected portion of the image. I used the same stamp to stamp the top image with VersaFine ink. The sketch I used is the current one at Freshly Made Sketches: #50. I really liked this sketch–it was really perfect to display the image. Thanks for visiting. I have now officially finished one full week of challenges at 365 Cards! Hurray!
5 Comments | tags: cardmaking, stamping | posted in 365 Cards, Distress Techniques, Freshly Made, Winter
- Patterned paper – American Crafts – “Campy Trails” collection (animals and background pattern)
- Border punch – EK Success “Argyle”
- Corner punch – Marvy Uchida
- Cardstock – BoBunny and Bazzill
For the 365 Cards Color Combo Challenge for Day 184, we were to use these colors:
I chose images from some fun American Crafts “campy” papers I’ve had for a while. The colors fit perfectly and it will make a fun card for a kid in my Operation Write Home box. I trimmed out the animals and popped them up with little fanfare. They seem to speak for themselves! Enjoy your day!
Leave a comment | tags: cardmaking, fauna | posted in 365 Cards, Autumn, Challenges, Children's Designs, OWH
- Stamp – Memory Box “2 Squirrels”
- Paper – Basic Grey “Hello Luscious: Honeyed”
- Die cuts – made with Spellbinders Nestabilities “Labels Nine”
- Border punch – Fiskars
- Patterned cardstock – BoBunny “Flourish” and “Journal”
This challenge was all about something I had to have! It was at 365 Cards for Day 181: Gotta Have it this week. When I read the challenge the first time, I immediately thought of cardmaking supplies! Every couple of month the local stamping store has an open house where the owner features new products and fun items. I often have those “gotta have it” moments then–and I do seem to have a thing for squirrels! I figure there are worse vices, right? Anyway, when I saw the stamp with these squirrels from Memory Box, I said “I’ve got to have it!” The stamp has each squirrel on different sides of the wood mount, so you can choose to use one or both, in any configuration. Flexibility in squirrel stamping–always important! I colored them with Copic markers and layered them with some favorite papers, adding some faux stitching dots around the image. Simple and fun. Thanks for the visit today!
Leave a comment | tags: cardmaking, die cuts, fauna, stamping | posted in 365 Cards, Autumn, Challenges