- Stamp – Darkroom Door “Sitting Cat”
- Alphabet stamps – Hero Arts “ALPHABET: Letters and Numbers” and “alphabet”
- Acrylic paints – Dina Wakley Media: Magenta and Tangerine
- Scribble Sticks – Dina Wakley Media: Lapis, Cheddar, Tangerine
- Collage tissue colored with Aladine Izink Pigment: Cactus and Topaz
- Washi tape – Tim Holtz Ideaology
I created this art journal spread in my small Dylusions journal recently, inspired by Rachel Greig on Creative Jumpstart 2020. This is the third year I’ve done Nathalie Kalbach’s Creative Jumpstart and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants exposure to many mixed media styles without a huge time or financial investment.
I started by applying some strokes of acrylic paint to the pages. I layered the tissue paper (that had been in a shoe box!) that I’d colored with the Aladine Izink metallic inks over the top and then added a couple of strips of washi tape to the background. Once it dried, I journaled over the entire two-page spread with a silver Signo pen and then added the cat stamp and quote, which I’d stamped onto white cardstock. I stamped the Herriot quote with Hero Arts alphabet set that I’ve had for years. (The copyright on them is 2002!) I added touches of Cheddar and Tangerine Scribble Sticks and water on both and outlined around the stamped pieces and the perimeter of the pages with a Lapis Scribble Stick and water. A very fun spread to make!
Thanks for visiting.